Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can we have a civil discussion about something?

Go down 
+8
messiaen77
Dynamis
Samson
alldatndensum
Staybrite
MikeInFla
Xid
ishmael81
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5/19/2015, 11:19 pm

Well this conversation went down the craphole quick.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5/20/2015, 11:35 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
just curious..does the religion of a companys owners or CEO's really matter..
It does matter. Not for exclusivity, but for integrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5/20/2015, 11:53 am

Quote :
Shocked  I disagree..just because a company owner is a christian doesn't mean they have integrity..Personally some of the best service and value I ever got was doing business with non-Christians...We have all read that Christian music labels turned out to be some of the biggest crooks in town and the worst service I ever received was in christian bookstores..I avoid shopping mardels and hobby lobby (both owned by the same people) because of their stance and what I consider discrimination in hiring practices and employee benefits....Like I said..I dont care what religion someone is or where they are from..I will do business with them if the deal and service is right..
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5/20/2015, 12:47 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :
Shocked  I disagree..just because a company owner is a christian doesn't mean they have integrity

That's the difference between being a Christian and being Christian - the former may attend church or whatever but their heart hasn't accepted Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5/20/2015, 1:07 pm

Quote :
That's the difference between being a Christian and being Christian - the former may attend church or whatever but their heart hasn't accepted Jesus.
Rolling Eyes  I have to disagree..in my view that is nonsense and judgmental as heck..anyone who confesses Lord Jesus with their mouth and believes in their heart that he was raised from the dead is saved and has accepted Jesus (Romans 10:10)..Works, Integrity, and lifestyle has nothing to do with ones salvation...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5/20/2015, 2:05 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :
Shocked  I disagree..just because a company owner is a christian doesn't mean they have integrity..Personally some of the best service and value I ever got was doing business with non-Christians...

I'm sorry to hear that.  That certainly hasn't been my experience.  The majority of Christians I have done business with have yielded positive results.  Nearly all of my bad experiences have been with non Christians or with companies that didn't appear to be Christian owned, but that hasn't soured me against doing business with non Christians.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5/21/2015, 11:54 am

metaldude wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:
just curious..does the religion of a companys owners or CEO's really matter..

I made my post in a hurry, so I will try to better explain my point. I'm not talking about people who simply claim to be Christian (close to 80% of Americans do). I'm talking about people with a relationship with Christ. It is inevitable that His character starts to show in the different areas of life. A person guided by God's Spirit should be less likely to be unethical in business. 

This thread's original point was about music. For me, the same principle applies. I am protective of the music I listen to. I don't listen only to music made by Christians, but I may favor them. I don't do this to be a "Christian snob", but rather to protect my mind. In my life, one of the things I work for is a good, strong marriage. I don't want songs about infidelity, promiscuity, and lust dancing around in my head. A musician who is Christian (that's what I call a Christian musician) should be less likely to write songs that contradict those good things God has placed in me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we have a civil discussion about something?   Can we have a civil discussion about something? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can we have a civil discussion about something?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3