Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marvel's Civil War discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Marvel's Civil War discussion Empty
PostSubject: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:55 pm

Not sure if this topic will be well received, as I have no idea who's read the entire Civil War graphic novels as I have.
I'm quite the GEEK when it comes to this storyline and though my wife humors me when I talk about it... It'd be cool to talk about it with peeps who have read some or all of Marvel's CW and actually WANTS to talk about it.  Laughing

I bring this thread up cuz after several years, they're finally releasing the first Civil War movie with Captain America.  To me, this is odd to start with him, cuz though Cap definitely played a big part before, and during the war - his spotlight scene was at the climax of the war in the best seller comic series: The Death Of Captain America.

My guess is, it's way too big an endeavor for Hollywood to gather up ALL the players in this story and put it on the big screen. It would take multiple movies and would have to introduce 100s of new characters never before seen in the Marvel movies.
As mentioned by Hardkore: "They can't do House of M as the X-Men are with a different studio (Fox)".  
But the entire Civil War's origins lie with the House of M, Secret Invasion, the Scarlet Witch's insanity, the disappearance of Nick Fury, the political charged motives behind the Superhuman Registration Act (using Speedball as an example in Stamford Connecticut), the partnership of Tony Stark (new head of SHIELD) and Reed Richards of the Fantastic 4, and so on.... 

Without all that, I feel like they're gonna water down the entire story and leave out SO much of the plots that lead up to it, which'll be a shame as those stories are excellent.

I'm sure the Captain America movie will be good, but will it be multiple parts, or will they try to summarize the whole story into a 2 hour flick ?  
The point of the Civil War was 1/2 of the superhumans in America were against the Registering of people with Superpowers, and 1/2 were FOR the Act. Once it passed, those unregistered were considered outlaws. Will the movie include all the players who stood for their Constitutional rights and went underground (Spiderman, Cap America, Luke Cage, etc) ?  Some of the best parts of the story were the struggles on both sides as to whether they were doing the right thing or not. The fights and accidental casualties that caused them sleepless nights. The splitting up of the Fantastic 4 as well as the splitting of Reed and Susan themselves. 

There's just SO much to this story... I really hoped that if they one day tackled the Civil War, that they'd stay true to as much of the original as possible.

I guess that's wishful thinking... and kind of impossible to tackle for Hollywood...

Anyone else read any of Marvel's Civil War and/or the stories leading up to it ?

Anyone else have any input ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:37 am

Remember the book is almost always better than the movie....sometimes it is miles apart.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:57 am

The only comics from Marvel That I am familiar with are Spider-man,and that is from years ago.

Other than what i have read about Civil War at wikipedia, I am totally unfamiliar with it.

Considering the movie (Captain America: Civil War) is being done by the same guys that did the last Cap movie ( Winter Soldier),I think it should turn out good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 9:24 pm

I think that you have to remember that most of the current Avenger material is only using the comics now for good source material but is not attempting to stay true to those books.  So, I don't think that, if you are a hardcore comic fan, that you will be satisfied by this movie.  You will have the disappearance of Nick Fury incorporated into this as Nick has already done so.  Cap't. & Spidey will probably be underground as the Avengers are torn apart.  Seeing that Sony owns the movie rights to Fantastic Four and Twentieth Century Fox owns the X-Men, you will see none of these characters or storylines intertwined with the Civil War story.  Marvel/Disney cannot do it without paying big bucks to get the movie rights back for those franchises.  Even with that, using the people that we already know and love as those characters could make these films too costly to do at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks... Some good knowledge on the subject of the movies - bummer news, but good info nonetheless.

Tony Stark and Reed Richards are the main players in Pro-Registration, creating the Negative Zone holding for those who resist the Registration.  While Cap is the reluctant leader of the underground dissenters.  Spidey gets sucked in to the Pro-Registration all the way up to Iron Man designing his new suit and then asking Peter to unmask in front of the whole world on TV.  After Peter sees how his fellow Superpowered brothers were being treated in the Negative Zone, he takes MJ and Aunt May underground and finds Captain America, joining the fight against Registration.

She-Hulk takes on individual cases for Super heroes Pro-bono, and what about the New Warriors ?  
Speedball gets thrown into the politics of the whole thing when he and his young superheroes allow a reality show to follow them around filming their heroic acts.  On a day of filming they all go in a building where a bunch of super powered bad guys are hiding out - Nitro explodes himself killing everyone for blocks away -including a full elementary school - only Nitro and Speedball survived.  America didn't blame Nitro, they crucified Robbie (Speedball)... who has an entire story of his own, where he becomes so distraught and feels responsible for all those deaths that he ends up becoming "Penance".

Then there's the whole underlying story of the drug they developed that enhances superpowers that they already have - which is how Nitro was able to not just make a small explosion (as was the norm for him), the drug made him powerful enough to blow up dozens of blocks killing 100s of people.

Sorry, I could just go on and on, and I've barely scratched the surface of the stories involved in this Civil War.

I certainly don't expect them to include everyone and everything in the story, but I find it to be a bummer that they won't be able to integrate most of the key players... I am a hardcore fan of the CW series... and I guess I will have to grin and bear it when it hits the big screen.  The (comic) books are so involved and intertwined that after reading them all through for the 4th time, I still discover new things and connections that I didn't notice before.  Putting all the book's contents in the movies could never happen realistically.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:05 am

While a few minor characters will be surely introduced, I wouldn't look for all those connections to hit the screen.  I do know that Black Panther will be introduced and Ant-Man will join in this.  Spidey WILL be on board as Sony and Marvel worked out a deal to the movie rights.  Some of the lesser known characters might show up but I would not look for movies to come of these characters as they just don't have the mass market appeal as does Spider Man, Batman, Superman, The Avengers, or the X-Men.  I list those because those seem to be the ones that have garnered the most success on the big screen thus far.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 6:07 pm

I get that totally, but the whole idea behind the Civil war story is the Registering of all superhumans in America... so they're gonna hafta write the story with a lot of super peeps across all of America. Perhaps they'll create a bunch of silly super powered dudes with obscure powers and titles... rather than including the bigger known names. Idk ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Some may only be named, but the franchises whose movie rights are owned by someone else like Fantastic 4, The X-Men, etc. will not be included for obvious reasons.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 6:02 pm

I think I can stay open minded enough to accept it for what it is and enjoy it regardless -I'm just bummed in that I think the graphic novels were brilliantly written and wish everyone could experience it true to the originals... can't have it all though - que-sera-sera
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Civil War discussion   Marvel's Civil War discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel's Civil War discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: