Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MANDATORY VOTING

Go down 
+7
messiaen77
Samson
Xid
oteis
Staybrite
ishmael81
BearDad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 am

Mandatory voting would be really extreme and even harmful. Just like how people have the freedom to vote, they should have the freedom to not vote. Many voters already are not educated about the candidates and what they stand for. Mandatory voting would just make things worse.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 8:28 am

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
I remember several people saying they'd rather vote for him than anyone else.

And sadly, much of this sentiment was based on skin color alone, the "one of us" mentality.  I cannot help but wonder who would have won if Ben Carson had been running for president at the same time.

I certainly would have voted for Ben Carson over Obama
I had to look up Ben Carson. I think I would have voted for him too.

I probably wouldn't have. However, it would be interesting to see what an Adventist would do as president. Would he do things in order to prevent a Sunday law from emerging? I'm also curious because I know that the United States is a big part of Adventist eschatology. I don't know exactly how strict of an Adventist he is, though.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 8:45 am

xenonlion wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
I remember several people saying they'd rather vote for him than anyone else.

And sadly, much of this sentiment was based on skin color alone, the "one of us" mentality.  I cannot help but wonder who would have won if Ben Carson had been running for president at the same time.

I certainly would have voted for Ben Carson over Obama
I had to look up Ben Carson. I think I would have voted for him too.

I probably wouldn't have. However, it would be interesting to see what an Adventist would do as president. Would he do things in order to prevent a Sunday law from emerging? I'm also curious because I know that the United States is a big part of Adventist eschatology. I don't know exactly how strict of an Adventist he is, though.

I had forgotten that Ben Carson is an Adventist! LOL! I only used him as an example of a Black man that, IMO, would have made a much better "first Black president." I can't say that I've ever heard ... or at least listened ... to his religious beliefs, but I like what he has had to say concerning foreign policy. I don't think he would have handed our country over to its enemies as Obama is trying so hard to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 10:35 am

I would not have voted for Carson...I dont support most of his views in any way...
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 12:46 pm

Obama would still win if he ran against Carson. Many blacks support the Democrats. A lot of them view Republican blacks as being "sellouts" "Uncle Toms" or "brainwashed." From a young age we're taught that Republicans are racist, rich, and don't care about minorities or the poor. The is pressure on me to not vote or even register as Republican. I wasn't planning to, but still... I'm sure that there are many other families like this, too.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:24 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
You can't really say that all those people voted for Obama because they agree with him.  Sometimes it really is who a person perceives as the lesser of the evils. 

Mandatory voting will never be a thing here.
Aside from my personal moral view of politics, this is another reason I don't vote.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 8:10 am

I am against it.  It reeks of fascism that seeks communism.  I can remember some of the "votes" in Cuba to retain Castro.  The people were mandated to vote and he won overwhelmingly.  It was all staged.  This reeks of that to me.  Of course, in my opinion, Mr. Obummer is a dictator just waiting for the right moment to pounce and show his real claws.  Yes, that's extreme, but that is what I feel and all I have to say on it here.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 10:46 am

Apparently 32 country's already have mandatory voting..
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am

Plenty of uninformed idiots vote now......making it mandatory for ALL of the uninformed idiots to vote is not a step in the right direction IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 10:46 am

Sooooooo, looks like we have our first official candidate....Ted Cruz scratch
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:38 am

bassdude wrote:
Plenty of uninformed idiots vote now......making it mandatory for ALL of the uninformed idiots to vote is not a step in the right direction IMO.
EGG--ZACTLY!!!!  If we are going to mandate anything regarding voting, it should be that voters should have to demonstrate they have a clue about what is going on before they are allowed to vote.

Quote :
would have made a much better "first Black president."

Funny, if you ask a lot of African Americans, Clinton was the first Black president.  My wife's grandma thought it was actually Lincoln because all the pictures she had ever seen looked like he had dark skin.

Quote :
Sooooooo, looks like we have our first official candidate....Ted Cruz MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 Icon_scratch
...who was actually born in Canada.  This is going to be fun.  MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 DaZvgc_DN15J69OWTii0  Apparently King Donald thinks he shouldn't be eligible to run.  (Disclaimer:  yes, I know why he is being considered eligible legally, I'm just saying after all these years of the birther nonsense, Democrats are going to flock to this non-issue.)
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:48 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :
Mandatory voting will never be a thing here.

well brother, they said Obama would never get elected and that Obamacare would never be law yet here we are so I wouldn't be to sure...
Eh, good point.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:57 am

Seriously, regarding mandatory voting, I think there are a lot of logistical questions that would have to be answered to implement this.  I saw some pretty-face "news" person on a certain formerly-news morning program say election day should be a national holiday so that everyone would have the day off and could vote.  Really???  So if everyone was given a day off from work so they could vote, 1) do you really think they would waste that day waiting in line to vote and 2) do you really not understand that EVERYONE cannot take the day off from work at the same time????  Are we just going to close down hospitals and long-term care facilities?  Prisons?  What about the people who have to rely on public transportation to get to the polls?  What are people going to do for childcare while they vote?  Should they bring their kids to wait for hours in lines with all the other people who are required to be there?  It would be one thing if mandatory voting was built into the system from the beginning, but to try to implement it now would be a nightmare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:04 pm

I have heard it suggested that we should set up internet voting and that people who are at work would be required to vote at work and those at school would vote from their school and those at home would vote from home or could go to the poll's to vote..
To me the only change we need to make is to do away with the electoral college and make it a true vote of the people...now I can see the idea of using the exact same kind of ballot in all 50 states...when I lived in Texas we did use a computerized system at the pole to vote...now in Oklahoma when I voted a few months ago they were still using an old fashioned paper and pen voting ballot...
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:03 pm

If everyone wants to vote, that's fine.....but there MUST be some way to make sure that when you vote, it's really you.....100% voter ID or you don't get to vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANDATORY VOTING   MANDATORY VOTING - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANDATORY VOTING
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2