Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's up at CMR

Go down 
+11
oteis
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
Driven
rockerVu2
messiaen77
kerrick
Xid
Staybrite
alldatndensum
ishmael81
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

What's up at CMR - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Well I think CMR just gets a lot more traffic which means a lot more member flux and riff-raff.  Also, for whatever reason, this place doesn't get much of any political/theological "discussions" which is what brings out the ugliness usually, and thus causing division/lack of unity.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:05 pm

kerrick wrote:
Well I think CMR just gets a lot more traffic which means a lot more member flux and riff-raff.  Also, for whatever reason, this place doesn't get much of any political/theological "discussions" which is what brings out the ugliness usually, and thus causing division/lack of unity.

I think that is basically because as a group in general we don't care for the political/theological arguing (or "discussion" as you put it).  Most people trying to prod us into arguing here usually get ignored, which doesn't make them happy so they go over to the CMR or Firestream boards where a small contingent will gladly argue ad nauseam with them.

I have to say that I was happy when the CMR closed the theology realm because all I saw there was arguing.  Now those who truly love to argue have merely dragged their arguments into the general discussion realm...thus ruining it (IMO).  I'm running out of sections at the CMR to hang out.  Now I almost wish the CMR could open up an argument realm.  With the condition that if someone posts more than twice there in one day their account is automatically restricted to that section only!  I can think of a few that would be relegated there almost immediately. 
lol!

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Now THAT is a brilliant idea...  Twisted Evil

Yeah, I really just don't understand the draw to arguing as they do over there...  But it is awfully frustrating because it drives a lot of people away.  I certainly don't miss the Theology Realm though I wish we could have one that functioned well because there's so much good stuff to discuss within those confines!  Oh well...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:30 pm

I agree Kerrick, and I commend you for staying active as a mod there and putting up with the garbage that you do.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:00 pm

I commend you as well because that means I made the right decision to step out and open the door for you!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:23 am

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

I think that is basically because as a group in general we don't care for the political/theological arguing (or "discussion" as you put it).  Most people trying to prod us into arguing here usually get ignored, which doesn't make them happy so they go over to the CMR or Firestream boards where a small contingent will gladly argue ad nauseam with them.

I have to say that I was happy when the CMR closed the theology realm because all I saw there was arguing.  Now those who truly love to argue have merely dragged their arguments into the general discussion realm...thus ruining it (IMO).  I'm running out of sections at the CMR to hang out.  Now I almost wish the CMR could open up an argument realm.  With the condition that if someone posts more than twice there in one day their account is automatically restricted to that section only!  I can think of a few that would be relegated there almost immediately. 
lol!

Watch it with that riff raff stuff! I have feelings too you know!

Okay, in all seriousness... I like to discuss theology, probably more than most. But what gets me is what I alluded to above. I'll answer someone and their response shows that A) they don't understand what I mean or B) they do understand but disagree so much that they have to respond in such a way as to provoke me to answer another question.

Sure, part of it is me. I don't like to feel misunderstood. I dislike even more to feel belittled or stupid for believing what I do. Disagree all day long with me, I don't mind.

All that being said, the only time I can recall us getting into anything resembling that kind of thing around here, I said something (not sure what exactly) that caused a long time member to leave... so I've decided that I would answer a question if asked about what I believe but I won't answer it twice. I'd rather be quiet than make someone think they have to leave just because I disagree with them.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:38 am

I like peanuts.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:45 am

I prefer cashews and Brazils. But peanuts are good.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:31 am

Peanuts are the Devil's food therefore I won't eat Devil Butter, Reese's Devil Butter Cups, use Devil oil etc.  If you even think about a peanut you'll go straight to Hell.

Uh oh...
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:45 am

I like all nuts equally.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:42 pm

That's why you're here staybrite!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Nuts? Right. Please show me where in Leviticus it tells you you CAN eat nuts… hah, thought so…
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 5:10 pm

What? What? ...is that a new topic on the cmr...quick guys, there is arguing and debating and bashing to be had...

What's up at CMR - Page 2 Keystone-cops2
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:22 pm

There's a new thread over there called the Argument Thread, where people argue about nothing at all. In other words it is pretty much like all the other threads! Smile   Someone posted this, which I'm sure we've all seen but is still worth viewing again.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:56 am

BearDad wrote:
There's a new thread over there called the Argument Thread, where people argue about nothing at all. In other words it is pretty much like all the other threads! Smile   Someone posted this, which I'm sure we've all seen but is still worth viewing again.

No it isn't.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:26 am

ishmael81 wrote:

Okay, in all seriousness... I like to discuss theology, probably more than most. But what gets me is what I alluded to above. I'll answer someone and their response shows that A) they don't understand what I mean or B) they do understand but disagree so much that they have to respond in such a way as to provoke me to answer another question.

Sure, part of it is me. I don't like to feel misunderstood. I dislike even more to feel belittled or stupid for believing what I do. Disagree all day long with me, I don't mind.

All that being said, the only time I can recall us getting into anything resembling that kind of thing around here, I said something (not sure what exactly) that caused a long time member to leave... so I've decided that I would answer a question if asked about what I believe but I won't answer it twice. I'd rather be quiet than make someone think they have to leave just because I disagree with them.
Me too.  I love to discuss theology in part because I am a person who processes things by talking through them.  I especially like talking theology with people who don't think/believe the same way I do because I like having different perspectives on things.  When it worked well, that was one thing I loved about the CMR Theology Realm, but inevitably it would break down into "here's why you are wrong and need to read it like I do if you really want to understand God's perspective" or just general silliness like arguing with dictionaries.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 9:37 am

BearDad wrote:

I started that thread after our discussion here about how much arguing goes on. There's a couple folks who have piked up on the irony but there's one or two I'm concerned about...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:00 am

I love the argument thread. It allows us to become a self-parody.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:17 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:25 am

Driven wrote:
I love the argument thread. It allows us to become a self-parody.

No it doesn't... Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 am

I won't argue with you if you don't pay.....

I intentionally went for the extreme position in the arguing thread.  I knew if I hit on Reformed theology, Tourniquet, or Stryper that someone would take it and run with it.  BINGO!  Let the comedy insue!

Sue?  Don't call me Sue!

Sue:  OK, I won't call you!  And, I thought you loved me!

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm a schizophrenic
So am I!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:05 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:

I started that thread after our discussion here about how much arguing goes on. There's a couple folks who have piked up on the irony but there's one or two I'm concerned about...
That's why I have been avoiding it.  There is one person in particular I can't figure out if he is playing the game or not.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 4:44 pm

II'm messiaen77 wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:

That's why I have been avoiding it.  There is one person in particular I can't figure out if he is playing the game or not.
There's one person who I think is a troll and I just refuse to engage them.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 5:42 am

I have lost complete interest in the CMR. I still post from time to time but there's just nothing compelling for me there anymore.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 10:55 am

I'm right behind you Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's up at CMR
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next