Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's up at CMR

Go down 
+11
oteis
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
Driven
rockerVu2
messiaen77
kerrick
Xid
Staybrite
alldatndensum
ishmael81
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

What's up at CMR - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 10:17 pm

That about covers it then, right?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 am

bassdude wrote:
I haven't visited CMR in months....

The CMR? Heck, I don't think you have visited here in months.  Don't be such a stranger brother.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 7:03 pm

Sorry......been overwhelmingly busy.
I'll make an effort to check in more often.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:31 am

Looks like the main discussion room there is now the reborn theology realm.  That's one less room to check now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:50 am

I am washing my hands of that place. When a secular board like Heart of Metal has more civility than a Christian board, that should speak volumes.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:07 am

My fear is that the shadow that is over there will find its way over here.  I've already seen one or two tendrils creeping in. Sad

I posted my "farewell" message today; I'm not toasting my account just yet, but I certainly won't be spending any time there in the immediate future.  I belong to a motorcycle forum where talk of religion and politics is verboten, and it's actually quite civil over there compared to CMR.  Such a shame.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 am

BearDad wrote:
My fear is that the shadow that is over there will find its way over here.  I've already seen one or two tendrils creeping in. Sad
If it does then we should put the kibosh on it.  If people can't act civil, then let them act elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:23 am

I'm sure I've been at fault at the CMR for the negative tone at times. There's one or two folks I've explained things to and when it's obvious they don't care to actually understand my position, but rather are gathering ammunition for their rebuttal, I've intenentionally provoked them.

I know I shouldn't behave that way... but I did. End confession.

That being said, I've noticed in recent months that things over there are not what they were when I joined. I said a few days ago that I like to discuss theology but there's not much discussing over there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:35 am

Quote :
I posted my "farewell" message today

I didnt even do that...I just left and I was stunned that they created a thread about it lol!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:46 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :

I didnt even do that...I just left and I was stunned that they created a thread about it lol!

Yeah, I made sure to talk a lot of crap about you! Razz
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:10 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
Quote :

I thought about that, and actually did the same thing once but without deleting my account ... I just didn't post anything for a while.  To my surprise someone actually noticed, but when I saw who it was I wasn't so surprised after all.  Adam was one of the two or three people over there that I care to converse with, and it was for him that I said "good bye".
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:29 pm

^Adam is one quality bloke for sure.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Yeah, music_me (Adam) is a good dude. 

I did the same, just disappeared for a while then the whole Mac & Rob thing happened and you couldn't see ANY posts unless you logged in so I had to come out of lurk mode and log in to read.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 2:18 pm

kerrick wrote:

To be honest, other than Adam and you, there were very few folks I care to talk to over there anymore. [email=d@v!d]d@v!d[/email] is one, despite some heated disagreements about things both publicly and via PM.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 2:36 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
kerrick wrote:

To be honest, other than Adam and you, there were very few folks I care to talk to over there anymore. [email=d@v!d]d@v!d[/email] is one, despite some heated disagreements about things both publicly and via PM.

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 2:41 pm

I've stopped posting in any but two or three threads now. There's no news that interests me, and I don't listen to as much Christian music as I did back then. And… [I'll stop ranting now]

I think I've turned into the typical grumpy old man on the porch telling the kids to get off his lawn. Razz
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 3:19 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Aww...  I love you  There are a lot of really good folks there who I would greatly miss if they left (and Ishmael you are most certainly included in that list!).  I really like David too; we've been having some great discussions via PM.  I feel like it's a few rotten apples that are spoiling the lot, so to speak.  And even the people who are causing the trouble in certain areas are otherwise pretty cool folks; it's just that they for some reason seem to like to argue and on occasion lack tact/respect. Neutral   I'm not sure how to best handle that...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 3:28 pm

What's up at CMR - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGsb6IUVULnCiFFvimWYH9en0CtlJAYPrrT4y6_nVPzpxH_kDaKYFfj-I
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 3:37 pm

^Well that's one way for sure...  It's awfully tempting.  As Exo mentioned in another discussion on this, I don't think the repeat-offenders even realize what they're doing.  Somehow everyone is only the victim...
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Maybe call folks on it when it happens via PM. Then you have documentation if they need suspended or banned (can you tell i'm a supervisor?).
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 4:20 pm

I used to debate quite a bit many (many many...) years ago (not so much at CMR but other places), but it always seemed to end up getting a bit heated and nothing good came out of it.  Now I just read posts and rarely comment.  I just read the metal news and keep it to that.

This is the most relaxed forum I know of.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 5:16 pm

BearDad wrote:

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:10 pm

^ and I thought that maybe MY clip was harsh! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 pm

OK, I gotta admit I was curious if anyone had responded to my "farewell" post, so I hopped over to CMR as a guest and took a peek. There was the more-or-less expected, "OK, but sorry to see you go" posts from the few people over there that I would occasionally converse with, but one responder almost had me logging into to thank him for proving my point:

CMR Member wrote:
I don't see any problems here that don't exist anywhere else, either in the Church or in the world...

He's right, of course, these problems do exist elsewhere. In fact, they exist to a minor level at my church (at least minor to my eyes ... I'm sure there are others that see more than I do), and particularly at work ... a non-Christian environment. That is precisely why I come to forums like CMR and CHM -- to find a safe haven from all the crud happening elsewhere.  Like I said, I had to resist the urge to log in and say this, but another member (thanks Xid Very Happy ) with a cooler head than I, and obviously a head screwed on straighter than the other guy, replied for me, and what a priceless reply it was:

Xid wrote:
Just because there's crap everywhere doesn't mean you have to sit in it.

In fact, I like that so much I'm making it my sig! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up at CMR   What's up at CMR - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's up at CMR
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next