Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...

Go down 
+11
rockerVu2
Fundy
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
Driven
xenonlion
Xid
ishmael81
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am

kerrick wrote:
The cool thing for breweries nowadays is to make root beer so maybe we'd have that for the kids and folks who don't like beer/alcohol.  Coffee would be a good idea too.  Bouncing smiley

quick story I probably told before, but in case you haven't heard it:
Wife and I went to see Third Day, with MercyMe opening. The venue was a huge Los Angeles forum where multiple bands play all the time. There were vendors everywhere, and they were all busy... except one. Apparently the Michelob people didn't get the memo that this night was a Christian concert. There were 3 guys behind the counter looking very bored, who hadn't had any business all evening. So I walked over to them and chatted for a while. They were pretty cool and said they were clueless about tonight's venue. I explained that Christians can have beer, but that most believers are quite legalistic and when they're around their own, they feel they have to impress others by not having a brew. Ultimately they said they were gonna just pack it up and leave. I told them I'd buy a couple beers from them if I had any cash... unfortunately I had no cash and just cards, which they didn't take. But I tried to educate them on the unfortunate situation... and in a way, it was kinda funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:51 am

Ha!  Well I would've certainly bought a beer or two.  Then again, I stopped trying to impress anyone a LONG time ago...  afro
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:53 am

I would have bought a beer....but not if it was Michelob

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Don't hate Staybrite... I don't care for Michelob either but if they had Amber Bock, I'd have bought at least one.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:15 pm

I would also find that Stryper song that no body has ever heard of, and release it.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 3:49 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Don't hate Staybrite... I don't care for Michelob either but if they had Amber Bock, I'd have bought at least one.

Thumbs Up

Fundy wrote:
I would also find that Stryper song that no body has ever heard of, and release it.

But if nobody has ever heard it, how do we know it exists?  Laughing

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Hokey… I would start by getting a Rickenbacker 4001 or 4003, and a huge Ampeg amp and cab. Then, I'd get myself a huge array of Moog synthesizers. Following that would be a high-quality drum kit set up to my specifications, which would be a hybrid lefty-righty configuration. I might then get myself a few good guitars and amps, but that wouldn't be my first priority at all. Razz
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 8:18 pm

I would book concerts on both ends of South Dakota (Sioux Falls on the east and Rapid City on the west) for bands that never come here.  Stryper, Impellitteri, Harmony, Bloodgood, Sacred Warrior, Deliverance, Saint, ... there are just so many that don't come to this neck of the woods! Sad
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
kerrick wrote:
The cool thing for breweries nowadays is to make root beer so maybe we'd have that for the kids and folks who don't like beer/alcohol.  Coffee would be a good idea too.  Bouncing smiley

quick story I probably told before, but in case you haven't heard it:
Wife and I went to see Third Day, with MercyMe opening. The venue was a huge Los Angeles forum where multiple bands play all the time. There were vendors everywhere, and they were all busy... except one. Apparently the Michelob people didn't get the memo that this night was a Christian concert. There were 3 guys behind the counter looking very bored, who hadn't had any business all evening. So I walked over to them and chatted for a while. They were pretty cool and said they were clueless about tonight's venue. I explained that Christians can have beer, but that most believers are quite legalistic and when they're around their own, they feel they have to impress others by not having a brew. Ultimately they said they were gonna just pack it up and leave. I told them I'd buy a couple beers from them if I had any cash... unfortunately I had no cash and just cards, which they didn't take. But I tried to educate them on the unfortunate situation... and in a way, it was kinda funny Laughing

I would not have bought it.  I can't stand the taste of beer.  Never have.  Even when I did drink, I couldn't stand that putrid mess.  I'd rather die of dehydration.  My wife feels the same way. 

Not everyone is all legalistic about alcohol consumption, though, Jim.  I've been without alcoholic beverages for so long that I just don't have a desire to indulge.  I can't really remember what any of it tastes like.  I view beer/wines/whiskeys/etc. in the same realm as coffee:  if I am not craving it, then why bother?  I haven't had any (including coffee) in years.  Without remembering the taste of alcohol, why bother?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 8:15 am

I'm the same regarding alcohol.  Never liked the stuff, so I don't drink it.  I probably have a pint every couple of years... that's as tipsy as I get!!!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 11:15 am

I don't drink a whole lot of beer myself, but I did have a glass of hefewiesen with my steak last night.  I do average a glass of red wine every week or two.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 12:07 pm

I have never even had a drop of beer in my life. I have no idea what it tastes like. On the flip side I have had wine/wine coolers/champagne/margaritas but usually only on special occasions. The last time I had wine was at my bro's wedding back in 2001. Since then I had 1 Margarita one year on my birthday.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm

I'm of legal age in Québec now (18), but my school doesn't let students drink (unless they're with their parents), so I still haven't had a drink. I'm not sure I'm interested in trying in the first place. I'd rather drive than drink.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:15 pm

I'll give you some wisdom that an old pastor of mine (RIP) shared that his daddy passed on to him.

"Son, if you never take your first drink, then you'll never have to take your last."

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I'll give you some wisdom that an old pastor of mine (RIP) shared that his daddy passed on to him.

"Son, if you never take your first drink, then you'll never have to take your last."

This kind of statement, while good, also cultivates the whole "alcohol is a sin" mentality. Even if you do take your first drink, it doesn't mean you have to take your last. Drinking the alcohol is not the problem ... drinking too much of it is. That said, I will admit that some folks have an addictive nature and should stay away from alcohol.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:22 pm

^ Agreed.

Quote :
Not everyone is all legalistic about alcohol consumption, though, Jim. 
My bad.. I didn't mean to imply that every believer who doesn't partake is legalistic about it. But I think in a huge setting like a Christian event/concert, you're going to have a "herd mentality". Not a bad thing necessarily, but we shouldn't fall into that herd mentality just because we want to "look good" in front of all the other Christians. If you feel that it may stumble someone in the crowd, or you don't like beer, or you're a recovering alcoholic, by all means, avoid it. But if you're not having a brew cuz you don't want to appear to be a heathen sinner in front of all the other believers... c'mon, pop a top.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 11:31 pm

I'd probably buy a few instruments that I'd end up never playing and go to some concerts, but the bulk of it I would use to travel and meet some of my favorite musicians to hang out for a few days and get to know a bit about how they think and how they approach their craft.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:25 pm

BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

This kind of statement, while good, also cultivates the whole "alcohol is a sin" mentality. Even if you do take your first drink, it doesn't mean you have to take your last. Speaking the alcohol is not the problem ... drinking too much of it is. That said, I will admit that some folks have an addictive nature and should stay away from alcohol.
I agree. I have a beer almost every night, sometimes two. But I never get drunk. I don't think I'm crossing a line there. 

Now if I bought whiskey or vodka, I'd be tempted to have too much. So I stay away fro that.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:27 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

This kind of statement, while good, also cultivates the whole "alcohol is a sin" mentality. Even if you do take your first drink, it doesn't mean you have to take your last. Speaking the alcohol is not the problem ... drinking too much of it is. That said, I will admit that some folks have an addictive nature and should stay away from alcohol.
I agree. I have a beer almost every night, sometimes two. But I never get drunk. I don't think I'm crossing a line there. 

Now if I bought whiskey or vodka, I'd be tempted to have too much. So I stay away fro that.

That's the deal with me.  I average (at most) one glass of wine or beer a week, and I never consume enough to become intoxicated (or even tipsy for that matter).  Though I will probably never consume bourbon or rum again...too easy to have a second, third or fourth drink and then it is too late.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:39 pm

I tried drinking 2 beers in a row once a few years back so I could see what all the hype was.... I felt like CRAP ! Never again. But I have no prob having a MGD at an event or a dinner out. Only one. 
I'm a terrible light-weight with alcohol, and seeins how both sides of my parents fams have alcoholics, it's a good thing alcohol doesn't allure me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:57 pm

I love how you derailed your own thread.  lol!

Driven

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I love how you derailed your own thread.  lol!

He is sovereign over his own thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...    You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You just WON the MUSIC LOTTERY...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2