Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lottery

Go down 
+4
endlessfuneral2003
Staybrite
drumdude
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Everyone's thought about what it would be like to win a lottery or come into a large amount of money one day. We've passed the time at work sharing things we would do with our large finances if something like that ever happened....

What would YOU do (as a Christian) if you found yourself with a ridiculous amount of money at your disposal ?
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Well first i would tyth 15% of however much I got. Then I would save alot of it. Then I would buy everything I have ever wanted. Then I would give some to charity of course

Would i have to pay taxes?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 3:57 pm

Probably the only significant thing I would do is quit working.
Then my job would be a full-time figuring out how to use the majority of the money to further Christ's Kingdom.

Nothing very noble on my part. I have never been one to chase money. I don't want a big mansion or fancy cars. Having lots of "stuff" feels like a chain around my neck. But it would be nice not to have to get up and go to work every morning.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:00 pm

Quote :
Having lots of "stuff" feels like a chain around my neck

Amen and Amen... did I mention, AMEN !
Back to top Go down
endlessfuneral2003

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm

Yep, I wouldn't want to win the lottery. Money would become a burden for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 pm

Even though I refuse to support lotteries, I still spend LOTS of time thinking of how I would spend it IF I ever won.

First, anything less than 300 million would be a burden to me. With that amount or more, I could do all I want. Any less and I would have to cut Aldat out of the picture...

Anyway, here goes my "plan".

10% tithe, split between TONS of churches. There is not a church on this planet that I would trust with a check for 30 million dollars. No matter how much you enjoy your church, THINK ABOUT IT, that much money would turn every congregation into total a$$holes in about 3 nanoseconds.

Give at least 1 million to each of my brother, sister and dad. If they wanted, they could also have jobs in my "charity corporation."

Build a 5 story house. The top 2 floors would be above ground, and the others hidden away underground. All the contractors would have to be from at least 500 miles away and would be blindfolded before and after work each day, so they could never disclose the location of my fortress.

Buy cars, trucks, boats, jet-skis, tanks, automatic weapons, assault helicopters and ALL the proper "toys" that a disgustingly rich pervert like me SHOULD have.

Form my "charity corporation". This would be a company that gave away money to TRULY needy people. Folks who get up, get kicked in the face, get up and repeat over and over. Not worthless bums (aka Katrina "victims") but regular Joe's who do everything they can and still can't get a hold on the world. Would also pay for surgeries, housing, food etc.
Any person who EVER asked for a dime would be forever rejected. My staff would find the truly needy and then go about making "miracles" happen. I figure that with proper investing of my funds, I could give away the millions in earnings each year
and never touch the principle. That would ensure that the money nor the company ever stopped.

Anyway, that's my plan in a nutshell. SEE, I am not such a buttmunch after all, I just make yall think I am.

AND PLEASE USE SPELLCHECK PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
sabidoo

sabidoo

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Fun Stuff
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:20 pm

The first thing I would do is have a new building built for our church. Nothing too fancy, but anything beats the three trailers that we meet in. And, I would only give it if they promised to NOT name anything after me.

I'd make sure that plenty of money was put away to take care of my dad. He's getting older, and will probably have a lot of health problems--he already has!

I would also want to make sure that my brother and sister had houses that they did not have to pay for. Life would be easier for them without house payments.

I'd give quite a bit to charity as well. I'd make sure that I looked into each cause that I invested in to be assured that the money was going to really help people in need--not empower them just to be lazy.

As for playtoys, I would want a nicer house than I have now with a professional recording studio in the basement. Everyone needs a "jam room", right?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:20 am

When it's God's plan for me to win the lottery I spend the money for church to let the kids study whose parents don't have the money to study or to go to the University.
To support the families in church who can't affort a lot of daily things they and their families need.

I will supprt charities as well like support the missionaries our church has all around the world.

I would support projects of those who need that.

If it was possible I would buy health for my mom.
She has alzheimer and this proces goes on and on.
Last week things happened that hurt me so deep to see her in this situation.
I miss the wonderful caring mom she always has been for us.

For my kids I would start a financial study support to pay their expensive studies.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:40 am

Quote :
There is not a church on this planet that I would trust with a check for 30 million dollars
Amen !

Quote :
All the contractors would have to be from at least 500 miles away and would be blindfolded before and after work each day, so they could never disclose the location of my fortress.
Laughing

Quote :
Give at least 1 million to each of my brother, sister
We Christians are considered your brothers and sisters.... right ?
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:30 pm

Quote :

What you talkin' bout, Willis?????

Lottery 22-70
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:32 pm

Quote :

lol @ apolo!!!

Personally I'd give to some Christian missions and causes.
I'd give a few million to the company I work for.
I'd give my family a couple million each
I'd buy a house and a new car.
I'd look out for people who are in need and then give them some cash secretly.
I'd get myself a fast computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:47 am

I agree with Sabidoo, I'd spread donations out to several Churches. Esp. the struggling little ones. I'd sponser several more children through Compassion (whom I trust). I'd give a Quarter mill to each family member... no need to drop an entire mill on them all, no matter how much I love them. Money jacks people up sometimes and I wouldn't want that for them. 250K is plenty to take care of some serious stuff as well as extra-curricular stuff.
I used to think I'd quit Pharmacy and never look back if something like that happened, but now I see the Hand of God teaching me and using me in this career. Due to my health problems, I'd cut my hours back to 2 or 3 days a week.
Material crap means nothing to me. Just like Jesus said "Go and sell all that you have and come follow me" - "It's harder for a rich man to enter Heaven" - "but he said to his himself 'eat drink and be merry'... but tonight your soul will be required of you"..... and I could go on. Gary hit the nail on the head with "Having lots of "stuff" feels like a chain around my neck". With more time on my hands, I would actually get rid of more stuff and be able to devote more time to the study of His Word and my future witnessing website.
Instead of dumping a load of cash on my kids, I would donate to several causes "surrounding" them, so that they still have to work, but they would learn unselfishness. ie, a cause surrounding my daughter is what she's in college for: helping those with handicaps. I would donate to the organizations she will be involved with. There are camps and activities that cost money for these less fortunate kids.
My son would still have to earn his own and study hard.
Anyways, that's my 2 cents... or should I say, that's my 200 million.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 5:17 pm

Well said Jim.
Lottery 7

Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lottery   Lottery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down