Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cd buying habits

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Cd buying habits Empty
PostSubject: Cd buying habits   Cd buying habits I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Do you only buy music that you like or do you buy cds that you know are not any good just to fill out a bands catalog.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Cd buying habits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cd buying habits   Cd buying habits I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:37 pm

I have recently sold off about 70 or so cds because of this. If I do not like the cds and I am never going to listen to them, why should I keep them taking up valuable space on the cd racks.
70 unused cds sold = $ for new cds
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Cd buying habits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cd buying habits   Cd buying habits I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:07 am

I used to do that, buy all the albums from a bands entire catalog. But I ended up with a collection where I didn't even really want to listen to 1/3 of it.
So now I don't even bother with any bands "catalog". If I like certain albums I buy them. If not, I don't bother letting them take up space.

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Cd buying habits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cd buying habits   Cd buying habits I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 2:16 am

If it's not good I won't buy it. Period. I am not a completist either. However, with changing tastes, I must admit I have bought things that I thought were pretty decent only to dislike them years later after my tastes had changed.

This is one of the few reasons I truly love the internet and digital downloads. We can now listen to albums or at least decent samples before buying the disc. I remember back in the 70's and 80's you really didnt have a clue what the new vinyl LP you held in your hands was going to sound like until you got it home and placed it on the turntable.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Cd buying habits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cd buying habits   Cd buying habits I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:00 am

I used to buy everything from a bands catalogue just to complete the collection, and I've still got 95% of them now. But in the last couple of years I only buy albums that I like and keep clear of stuff I'm not so keen on.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Cd buying habits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cd buying habits   Cd buying habits I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:32 am

I am somewhat of a completist. If I like a certain band, I keep buying their stuff until they really lose me. For example, I love the rock era of Mad At The World, but I no longer have their final CD. It was just too radical of a departure from that sound.

I will get rid of stuff if I don't really like it or really just grow bored with it. I just swapped out two Atomic Opera discs on Lala. I never play them and haven't in years. Time to make space for some new stuff!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Cd buying habits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cd buying habits   Cd buying habits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cd buying habits
Page 1 of 1