Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?

Go down 
+6
Fundy
MikeInFla
Xid
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? Empty
PostSubject: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 8:39 am

I am looking at getting a new phone.  I switched to Moto phones a few years ago.  I have had the Moto G6 and the Moto One Action and have been pleased with both.

I am now looking at the new Moto Edge--their closest to flagship model they've done yet.  I don't want to pay the price for it, but Amazon has knocked $200 off for a short while.  I have $250 in my apps where I can earn gift cards to go towards the $499 price.

Why then am I feeling anxiety about it?  My fear is that I will buy it and hate it.  So, I am having issues pulling the trigger and buying it.

Also, one of the apps where I have $200 in gift cards saved up is acting wonky for the past week and the problems are widespread.  I also fear that my reward cards won't be processed or lost while I am waiting for them digitally.

Do you get anxiety when buying a phone?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 1:37 pm

I personally don't, since I always buy the Galaxy Note by Samsung. Never had any issues ever in the last 12 years from the Note 2 to the Note 10. However, I DO have anxiety when the Missus buys a new phone, as she gets something, anything cheaper. She got a weird brand called ONE or something like that and it's junk, can't send pictures, terrible reception, hard to transfer music back and forth, etc. I keep telling her to go back to the Note despite it's high price, it's worth it

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 3:53 pm

I tend to get angry with the last phone I had (usually for crapping out too soon...is it just me or should something that cost around $1000 last for more than 2-1/2 to 3 years?).
So I'm usually just grumpy when I go to buy a new phone.

alldatndensum, Guilty/Forgiven and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 9:16 pm

I haven't bought a phone yet so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 6:02 am

I also have the Moto One Action and still love it's I think it is 3 years old. Really not time for an upgrade yet but it would be nice to have a phone that uses 5G. My last few phones have also been Motorola unlocked phones from Amazon. 

Really my only complaint is that it's a hassle to move everything over from an old phone to a new one but that's a one time deal. I'll prob keep this until it craps out or if my wife needs a new one. Might even go to an actual service instead of Straight Talk just to get upgraded phones faster. But Straight Talk has been good for us and it's fairly cheap you just have to buy the phones outright from them and many of them don't allow system upgrades. That's why I get an unlocked phone so I can get the Android updates.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 8:38 am

I don't get anxiety when buying a new phone.
I only get anxiety when answering the phone!

The last phone I bought was a Samsung, and all my data was transfered by the shop from my old phone to the new one.  No troubles what so ever.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 9:18 am

MikeInFla wrote:
I also have the Moto One Action and still love it's I think it is 3 years old. Really not time for an upgrade yet but it would be nice to have a phone that uses 5G. My last few phones have also been Motorola unlocked phones from Amazon. 

Really my only complaint is that it's a hassle to move everything over from an old phone to a new one but that's a one time deal. I'll prob keep this until it craps out or if my wife needs a new one. Might even go to an actual service instead of Straight Talk just to get upgraded phones faster. But Straight Talk has been good for us and it's fairly cheap you just have to buy the phones outright from them and many of them don't allow system upgrades. That's why I get an unlocked phone so I can get the Android updates.

With Google, most of the things you have on this phone will transfer easily to the next.  Just back up and sync your contacts.  Your saved passwords will transfer over as well.

We left Straight Talk.  They were good for a long time.  Then, I paid my bill and then they deleted my account and said they couldn't find it.  I managed to get them to refund my money, but I was going to have to get a new number since the old one was gone.  If you read on the Better Business Bureau's site, they are notorious for things like this.

Since I was using GMA towers anyway, we left and now do the pay-as-you-go plan from AT&T.  There is a store near me, so I can go there if I have tech problems.

Your Moto One Action is capable of 5G.  You just need the proper sim card.  My sim was crapping out on me, and I got a new one through AT&T for only $5.  I now have 5G.  It isn't much better than my old 3G/4G.  I really don't see much of a difference except for videos don't lag.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 3:15 pm

Interesting I will look into getting a new sim card. Will check with Straight Talk. I have heard people having issues with them but I never have. Other than after the hurricane all the providers were giving free people unlimited data. I ran out and ST would not give me free data so I had to buy a plan because I had used up all the "unlimited" that was on my plan.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 9:57 pm

I despise looking for new phones since they never have anything that pleases me so I hold onto mine 5 years. My Moto G5 Plus is 4 years old now. It annoys me to no end that even unlocked aren't supported longer than 2 years. My last Android security patch came in Feb 2019.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 5:53 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I despise looking for new phones since they never have anything that pleases me so I hold onto mine 5 years. My Moto G5 Plus is 4 years old now. It annoys me to no end that even unlocked aren't supported longer than 2 years. My last Android security patch came in Feb 2019.

Yeah, I think it is time for an upgrade.  I do hope you have good antivirus and malware app since the security updates are gone.  Fortunately, I am still getting those. 

To be honest, I am surprised that the phone is still working properly after 4 years.  My Moto One Action is doing okay, but my wife's loses charge much faster than it used to and charges much slower.  We are both nearing the two year mark.  If the phones we are wanting were not on sale right now, I would hold off two more months.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 7:38 am

Well, we will see how I like the new phone.  I had $250 in gift cards available from apps that I had earned.  I added $300 to my Amazon gift card balance.  They gave me an extra $10 for reloading!

So, the phone cost $548.74.  Out of pocket, the phone cost $298.74.  While that is expensive, it isn't like I had to pay the whole amount!  Plus, I still have $11.26 left on my gift card balance!

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 1:32 pm

I don't anxiety when I get an other phone.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 8:30 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I don't anxiety when I get an other phone.

Oh, I stress about whether I will like it as much as my current phone.  Will it perform as advertised?  Should I sell my old phone or keep it as a backup?  Will the case I bought really protect it?  

I know--it's silly.  I just get nervous buying big ticket items even if I do have digital gift cards.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 8:53 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Yeah, I think it is time for an upgrade.  I do hope you have good antivirus and malware app since the security updates are gone.  Fortunately, I am still getting those. 

To be honest, I am surprised that the phone is still working properly after 4 years.  My Moto One Action is doing okay, but my wife's loses charge much faster than it used to and charges much slower.  We are both nearing the two year mark.

No extra security or malware (cr)app sucking the life out of it. I rarely go to sites I don't regularly visit. Battery still lasts 3 days usually unless I decide to listen to music while working away from my laptop.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 7:38 am

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

To be honest, I am surprised that the phone is still working properly after 4 years.  My Moto One Action is doing okay, but my wife's loses charge much faster than it used to and charges much slower.  We are both nearing the two year mark.

No extra security or malware (cr)app sucking the life out of it. I rarely go to sites I don't regularly visit. Battery still lasts 3 days usually unless I decide to listen to music while working away from my laptop.

I have never had a phone that would hold a charge that long unless it was completely off!  Even without extra security, I am on mine enough that I put it on the charger on the way home from school and then really charge it overnight.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 9:13 am

I still have my old Blackberry, with lots of music on it.
I use it when we're going away.

The iPhone I use now is the old phone from my husband.
The wifi is not always working very good.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2021 12:14 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
I still have my old Blackberry, with lots of music on it.
I use it when we're going away.

The iPhone I use now is the old phone from my husband.
The wifi is not always working very good.

I don't know about anyone else, but since my area went 5G, connectivity everywhere (even on my home wifi which shouldn't be affected) isn't as good as it used to be.  Get those 5G transmitters up high enough to really throw that signal, folks!

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 8:16 am

My new phone is ordered and on the way.  The extra screen protectors I like and the new Otterbox case is already here!

Moto must be making a comeback in the market as Otterbox doesn't typically make a case for their phones.

I found an article showing the top 10 phone brands in the USA by market share.  Moto are number 4 and should see a bump up next year with LG having stopped manufacturing smartphones.

http://www.mobilecellphonerepairing.com/top-10-mobile-phone-brands-in-usa.html

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 9:31 am

I just replaced my old Motorola with the Motorola G9 Power and it's great. They are the best cheaper phone imo.

alldatndensum and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 12:47 pm

I don't get too anxious. I do a LOT of research tho. Lately I have been sticking with the lower tiered Samsung phones and they have been nice to me. The one thing that ticked me off, is I bought new phones for my wife and I and my son last year. A couple of months back they started acting weird. Come to find out that Boost got bought by Dish and switched from Sprint to T-mobile and the phones were becoming obsolete. so I had to buy all new phones.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 12:54 pm

deathisgain wrote:
I don't get too anxious. I do a LOT of research tho. Lately I have been sticking with the lower tiered Samsung phones and they have been nice to me. The one thing that ticked me off, is I bought new phones for my wife and I and my son last year. A couple of months back they started acting weird. Come to find out that Boost got bought by Dish and switched from Sprint to T-mobile and the phones were becoming obsolete. so I had to buy all new phones.

They couldn't simply change out your SIM cards, or were they made for Boost and not unlocked as most proprietary phones are?

Luckily, I buy unlocked phones so I can take them to whatever carrier I want.  When the SIM craps out, and they will, you can replace them.

SINCE MY STUPID QUOTE THINGIE DOESN'T WORK RIGHT:

"I just replaced my old Motorola with the Motorola G9 Power and it's great. They are the best cheaper phone imo."

I have loved mine!  My wife, her mom, her sister & brother-in-law ALL have Motos now.  Even AT&T and Verizon now offer them in store.  While the highest costing Samsung and Apple phones do have better chips, for what most of us use them for, we don't NEED what little the extra pricing brings.  We want something we can get online with, do some shopping, watch a movie now and then, and play a few games.  We like that we can make calls and text with them.

Personally, I won't have another "status symbol" phone.  Even the new Moto Edge, had I not had the gift cards to take off so much of the purchase price, was a more pricey purchase than I would have made otherwise.  I would also have gone with the G9 Power to save some money.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 1:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I assume you mean only the multi-quote. What are you doing that nobody else is?

Was there a reason given for LG getting out of the market?

BTW, I've never had a SIM card fail.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 5:28 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I assume you mean only the multi-quote. What are you doing that nobody else is?

Was there a reason given for LG getting out of the market?

BTW, I've never had a SIM card fail.

I used to be able to hit the quote button in one message and reply.  I could also copy another message, use the quote button in the body of my other reply, and then reply.  They may have broken that to give us the multi-quote feature.  I will try to try remember to try that next time as my old way isn't working.

I have had a SIM card die and so has my wife.

LG is getting out of the game, according to this snippet from a CNN news piece, because:

"On Monday, the South Korean tech giant announced that it would close down its mobile phone unit after years of losses, marking the end of an era for a trailblazer in the Android world.

The division is expected to be wound down by July 31, although the company may continue to sell some of its existing models after that, according to LG Electronics.

The "strategic decision to exit the incredibly competitive mobile phone sector will enable the company to focus resources in growth areas such as electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, artificial intelligence and business-to-business solutions," the company said in a statement."

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 7:26 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I used to be able to hit the quote button in one message and reply.  I could also copy another message, use the quote button in the body of my other reply, and then reply.  They may have broken that to give us the multi-quote feature.  I will try to try remember to try that next time as my old way isn't working.

So if you hit the Quote button (between Multi-quote and Edit buttons) on my (this) post, what happens instead of going to a reply textbox with my post quoted?
How were you quoting from my prior post?

And it seems you are saying the Quote button within the reply itself doesn't work for you?

Abe wrote:
Four score and seven years ago...

For Multi-quote, you click that button on each post you want to quote, which should cause each button selected to turn light red, and then hit Reply on the top or bottom of the page.

deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2021 10:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
They couldn't simply change out your SIM cards, or were they made for Boost and not unlocked as most proprietary phones are?

Luckily, I buy unlocked phones so I can take them to whatever carrier I want.  When the SIM craps out, and they will, you can replace them.

I had gone into the store and they couldn't do the sim switch out. I've looked into buying unlocked phones, and it sounded like a gamble with the no contract phones, but my daughter got a new iphone unlocked and was able to do it.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?   Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kwestion #60 - Do you get anxiety when buying a new phone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next