Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance

Go down 
+8
BearDad
Livna
MikeInFla
metaldude
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Ok, not really but I have been using it quite a bit to listen to new albums before I buy them....and for some reason I'm deciding not to buy a lot of them.

I have listened the newest albums by these artists in the last few weeks and have just decided not to buy the albums...does this happen to anyone else?

Flyleaf - streamed their new album and have to say that it doesn't stink...but without Lacey they just sound like any other generic modern rock band to me....and I'm not that big a fan of modern rock.

Rhett Walker Band - I really dug Rhett's first album and was very much looking forward to his latest release.  But after hearing the entrie album on Spotify I have to say I am a bit dissappointed with his current direction.  The first album was very radio friendly southern rock/modern worship kind of stuff...but to me the new album sounds like it has more in common with modern country than southern rock.

Chaotic Resemblance - I was happy to hear about this band getting Oz Fox to produce their new album (the production on their previous EPs wasn't the best).  But after a few spins it seems very unmemorable and something just seems to be missing (can't quite put my finger on it).

On the plus side I did decide to purchase Messenger's "Perfect Storm" after listening to it on Spotify.  I also streamed the album by "Four Star Revival" and have decided that I will certainly need to add it to my collection.

Who else is using Spotify to check out new music before you buy it?  Can our friends in Europe and outside of the U.S. even use Spotify?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Kind of...

I use Spotify sometimes at work when I just want to listen to something I don't already own (and would NOT own) - reason: I occasionally want to hear an old song/album by DIO, or Metallica, or any other bands that I refuse to own an entire record by, due to the lyrical content.

That's the main reason I listen to spotify. Although sometimes I will listen to a Christian band to see if I'd like it enough to buy. So, similar to what you do, I will "test-drive" an artist to see what all the hoop-la is. And yes, I have bought a couple albums over the years after hearing them on Spotify.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 pm

You guys using the free or paid version?

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
You guys using the free or paid version?

I couldn't see paying for it, as I don't use it often enough. (so the free version)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 6:29 am

I should do that.  I bought the Flyleaf album and like some songs but cannot remember any of them right off the bat.

I also bought the Rhett Walker Band Cd.  However, I love what he's doing and it seems to be pretty much the same direction that the first album went.  It's just longer and a bit more slow song filled.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 am

I use a few different outlets to preview new music . There aren't too many bands I'll buy without hearing first.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:37 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I also bought the Rhett Walker Band Cd.  However, I love what he's doing and it seems to be pretty much the same direction that the first album went.  It's just longer and a bit more slow song filled.

I have to confess that I listened to that album again last night and my earlier "country" condemnation probably isn't fair...it does however not rock nearly as much as the first album...and I'm probably still not going to get it.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:40 am

metaldude wrote:
I use a few different outlets to preview new music . There aren't too many bands I'll buy without hearing first.

I'm starting to think there is nothing I want to purchase anymore without hearing first.  Tough part is that not every band I am interested can be streamed, and the 20-30 second sound bites just don't seem like enough anymore (except to weed out the stuff I obviously won't dig, like metalcore, black metal etc.)

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 1:22 pm

I paid but cancelled. It did help me decide NOT to buy Michael Sweet's solo album tho. Otherwise I would've gotten it then been disappointed.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I'm starting to think there is nothing I want to purchase anymore without hearing first.  Tough part is that not every band I am interested can be streamed, and the 20-30 second sound bites just don't seem like enough anymore (except to weed out the stuff I obviously won't dig, like metalcore, black metal etc.)
Exactly. That's why I never bothered trying Spotify before as I figured so little of what I would consider buying (mostly independent labels) would be offered there.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:25 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Exactly. That's why I never bothered trying Spotify before as I figured so little of what I would consider buying (mostly independent labels) would be offered there.

You might be surprised what is on there now.  But I certainly wouldn't recommend paying for it unless you are going to use it as your main source of music.

Livna

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2014-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 2:35 pm

WooHoo I'm number 44! Oh yeah get some cold cuts get some cold cuts! HEY IM NUMBER 44!!!! Gonna get some cold cuts today!!!!

Seriously I never cared much for spotify. I only have the free version but I've heard that they rip off the artists that are on there.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 3:12 pm

^^ actually, Icky, you're number 47.  Smile

As for Spotify, I'm in agreement with you. I refuse to use it or Pandora because I feel we should do what we can to support artists, in the Christian market or otherwise. Especially these days, when so many of them have to rely on their fans just to produce the CDs. It's one thing if the artist has been around a long time and was able to make some money before the Internet killed the video star (which, as we know, killed the radio star), but there are so many independent artists that are getting practically nothing from the streaming sites, if anything, and need CD sales just to survive.

Even if I did use Spotify, I would not use it to determine if I should purchase a CD. Many times I don't like a CD on first listen, or even the first ten spins, but after a while it grows on me and I start to like it. And the opposite is true as well; sometimes I think a CD is great, but after a dozen or so listens I wonder what possessed me to buy it. Then there's the "I liked / didn't like this CD two years ago" factor.  So i still take my chances and buy the CD, or sometimes the digital download. Even if there are only one or two good songs on the CD, as sometimes those songs are worth the cost of the CD.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm

I do not pay for Spotify or Pandora. A few commercials never hurt anyone. Besides, I'm CHEAP !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 4:42 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I've noticed that several independent bands use bandcamp and/or soundcloud.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:03 pm

You saved money on car insurance by switching to Spotify.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm

metaldude wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I've noticed that several independent bands use bandcamp and/or soundcloud.

You can also find many on Reverbnation.  I found a new blues band today through the Reverbnation site.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:50 pm

xenonlion wrote:

You silly non-Canadian lion-girl!  lol!

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Staybrite wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Do they not have Geico in Canada?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:32 pm

xenonlion wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
xenonlion wrote:

Do they not have Geico in Canada?
IDK, I'm not Canadian either.....Driven does the Geico Lizard sell insurance in The Great White North?

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 8:21 am

In Europe we can use Spotify too. but I don't use it.
Sometimes that's not cool when I would like to listen to music on Facebook.
Some bands use Spotify for their songs.

I've ordered Messenger - Perfect Storm too, it can be here today or tomorrow.
I'm intereted in CDs from the Rhett Walker Band too, but can't buy mant CDs now. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:40 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
In Europe we can use Spotify too. but I don't use it.
Sometimes that's not cool when I would like to listen to music on Facebook.
Some bands use Spotify for their songs.

I've ordered Messenger - Perfect Storm too, it can be here today or tomorrow.
I'm intereted in CDs from the Rhett Walker Band too, but can't buy mant CDs now. Crying or Very sad

I hope you like the Messenger album.  Thumbs Up

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:33 pm

Listening to some Crimson Moonlight via Spotify right now Rockin'
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:33 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Dude, I've was cranking The Covenant Progress in my car just today!  I need to get Veil Of Remembrance...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 4:34 pm

kerrick wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Dude, I've was cranking The Covenant Progress in my car just today!  I need to get Veil Of Remembrance...

Yes.  Yes, you do Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance   Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotify Saved Me a Ton of Money on My Car Insurance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next