Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jobs, Money and the Future

Go down 
+2
topshot rhit
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Jobs, Money and the Future Empty
PostSubject: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Just have to get this off my chest to anyone brave enough to listen:

So in a nut shell (and I'm the nut) - and as many may know some of this already... my boss, the owner and Dr of this office, has decided she wants to do something different.
Her goal was to sell the practice, and while she would go work under someone (so as to have less responsibilities), the rest of us would have to hope and pray the new owners would keep us on staff, or fend for a new job.

Game changes a bit:

The "Mother" company of this whole outfit has heard the Dr's plan and will be placing her in a position that she actually didn't want (so because she wasn't content with her current job, she sought out something "better" only to be thrust into a position where the grass is not greener at all - ironic how that happens). Where's that leave us ? =
The head mucky mucks are in a back room right now, they are interviewing each employee for continued employment here. We have a great crew, so I don't see anyone getting the boot.

Now to me. On my Resume they noticed I've been a licensed and certified pharmacy technician for 26 years, as well as my abilities on their vast software... they have therefore decided to interview me separately and want me to come aboard their operation in Palm Springs as one of the techs there (and yes, the pay would increase).

My thoughts:
I LOVE my current job - it's 5 minutes from home (as opposed to a daily 80 minute round trip drive that would be murder on my spinal disc problems).

I've mastered the job and enjoy it.

If I left, all my duties would fall on others working here and they're already maxed out on what they have to do.

I have stress issues, and my current job is 80% stress-less. I don't know what their job would entail.

At this stage in my life, I'm less interested in money and more interested in comfort for my health conditions.

My concern is, my wife thinks it's great that I could get a new job and make more money. I don't want to upset her in any way... but frankly, I don't want another job. I like where I'm at and what I do. I don't want to mingle with a new group of people and be stuck in a rigid job compared to my current flexable job.

Much of my life has "just happened to me", I feel like I'm just along for the ride sometimes. So, I've prayed that God's will is done in this and that Lisa, me and the corporation can all be happy... but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 pm

I (figuratively) feel your pain. I've actually been looking at getting a real job again for a couple months and a variety of options (including other contracts) have presented themselves, but nothing has panned out so far. My wife would like it (the main reason I've seriously been looking honestly) so I'm not sure if God is trying to indicate I should stay put or not. However, aside from my wife, the other reason I'm looking is my client advertised essentially the position I've been doing for them the past 9 years so I figure if they do eventually fill it (been open since March), I'd lose what I get from them. I have applied for it, but they seem to be in no hurry to interview. It would require me only coming home on weekends instead of working from home so it's not my ideal though I'd enjoy the work. So I'm being proactive and trying to find other income in case I'm not offered the job with acceptable pay and benefits.

I pray God makes the path clear for both of us though I honestly don't think it matters to Him what we do as long as He gets the glory in all we do.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Amen. Yeh this is a crazy time career-wise. I've never been in this position - thus the frustration.  But I know God always works things His way for His own, so, I need to try to just be chill about it and accept whatever is thrown my way.

Looks like I'll be last in line for the interview... they've been here for 3+ hours and already finished with about 6 people. (Bummer is, my lunch is at noon... and I can't go anywhere until they call me  Sad sigh... these first world problems are the worse !) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Praying that things will work out for you (at least with regards to your health issues).  

I am in a tough position work-wise as well....and the wife isn't necessarily making it easier.  

My company shut down about 2 years ago, and I was basically put in the position of going to work for one of the old partners I didn't usually work for as he was starting a new firm, or convince the partner I did typically work for to start a new company.  I managed to convince the partner I typically worked for to start a new company and along with another old guy the three of us have been doing ok for the last two years.  Sadly this partner wants to retire in a few years....and he wants to start easing his way towards it now.  This leaves the other engineer and I in a position of having to start a new company (or taking over this one).  Not at all sure if I am suited to running a company (even with a partner)...so I am very hesitant and apprehensive.  The new company will mean more responsibility, more work, and a financial "gamble" (at least for the first few years).  The alternative is either going to work for myself and keeping things smaller (something my wife would love) or just going to work for another firm (which I would hate).  Problem with going to work for myself is that every engineer I know who has done it has to live on a yo-yo budget (up one year, down the next....or next two).  At this point I was kind of wishing to just get out of this game...but I cannot afford to.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Sounds a lot like "Construction". My brother worked construction for several months and said it was so unorganized. He never knew if today would be his last day, or if he'd be out of work for a few weeks until they got another contract. He quickly went back to being a mechanic for some stability.

Well, I have great news !  I had my meeting, and they looked over my list of job duties here as well as asking me a bunch of questions.... AND THEY NOT ONLY DECIDED TO KEEP ME HERE, I'M GETTING A RAISE !!! Whoooo Hoooooooo !!!!
I just have to wear a uniform, which I could care less about. And they may add some other responsibilities to me, which I also don't mind !

God SO answered prayers on this one. I couldn't be happier !
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:13 pm

We had this happen in 2009, but luckily at work we have a "succesorship clause" which stated that anyone who bought us out had to keep all the current employees.

Glad to hear it worked out AND you're getting a raise!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Well, I have great news !  I had my meeting, and they looked over my list of job duties here as well as asking me a bunch of questions.... AND THEY NOT ONLY DECIDED TO KEEP ME HERE, I'M GETTING A RAISE !!! Whoooo Hoooooooo !!!!
I just have to wear a uniform, which I could care less about. And they may add some other responsibilities to me, which I also don't mind !

God SO answered prayers on this one. I couldn't be happier !

Fantastic news!  I would almost relish the idea of getting a uniform...it would mean I wouldn't have to worry at all about what I was going to wear to work the next day.

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Sounds a lot like "Construction". My brother worked construction for several months and said it was so unorganized. He never knew if today would be his last day, or if he'd be out of work for a few weeks until they got another contract. He quickly went back to being a mechanic for some stability.

Yep, 100% of my work is directly related to the building construction industry (I hate it).  Talk about a temperamental mistress.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 pm

My job at the school is still up in arms.  If they force me to become a personal aid to the one kid who gets violent and has to be restrained, I am leaving.  My wife has given her blessing.  If they tell me that I have to do it, then I am going to tell them that they will need to fire me for insubordination because I just ain't gonna do it!  Income wise, it would not be the best move, but I do still have my salary from the church.  Luckily, we've just paid our house off and can live on less if need be.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:54 pm

That's good. You obviously have to think about your bills, mortgage, etc... but at the same time, your sanity and health should come BEFORE any job. I was in retail pharmacy for years and it was brutal. I finally snapped one day and threw stuff all over the place, clearing off counters with my arms, kicking trash cans on my way out, all the while cussing and chewing out the pharmacist manager. It was not pretty, nor am I proud of what I did 6 years ago... but he had worse coming to him. He was the most evil person I'd ever met or worked with. About 3 years after my outburst and quitting, I got news that the same evil pharmacist dude was caught on film stealing Morphine - he not only lost his license, he was taken out of the pharmacy in handcuffs !

But back to the point, God took care of me by hooking me up with the job I have now.. I was able to start 1 week after leaving Vons pharmacy.
So stand your ground and wait on God, He'll take care of you.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 6:22 am

It isn't the first time I have threatened to walk off the job somewhere.  I had a major disagreement with a supervisor at Bridgestone years ago.  I knew that I was right and he was definitely in the wrong.  I told him that he could make it right, or I was leaving and going home.  He responded that if I left that I would be walking off the job and considered quit.  I told him that he'd better stop me before I got to the door then.  I collected my personal things and headed towards the door.  The factory was huge (64 acres INSIDE) and my dept. was literally 1/2 mile from the door!  I made it to the door before he caught up with me and apologized.  He never again did anything wrong and we had a great mutual respect for one another after that.  I worked there for 3 more years before I volunteered for the layoff that I enjoyed so much that I made permanent.  That life change brought me to my current youth group placement and working for the school system now for 5 years.

My wife and I have discussed this and are unified.  If forced into becoming this student's personal aid, which is a big possiblity, then I am going to attempt to peaceably force them to fire me for refusing the assignment.  I will tell the principal that I refuse the assignment regardless of what consequences come.  She will either have to take action and fix the situation or release me from my duties.  If she fires me, I will be job hunting within the week.  Sadly, I enjoyed being a substitute teacher when I first started with the school system.  If released from duty, I will be unemployable by our county school system ever again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 am

Some great news in there g/f! I'm happy for you.

I never threatened to walk off a job before, but if I ever find one to replace the one I have... people will not have any questions about me leaving...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 am

God's promises are always 100%... (without sounding like a "Precious Moments" figurine) He comes thru on His promises. And He promised if we don't worry about our needs in life and simply trust and rely on Him, He will take care of us and fulfill all our necessities in life.
I've always trusted Him and have never worried about where I was going to work, sleep, eat, wear, etc... I have been like the Israelites in the wilderness and griped and complained during my wanderings in these jobs over the years. To my shame.

Though this has been tough for the last few months not knowing if we're gonna have jobs or where we were gonna work, I've always trusted that God would take care of us. And not only has He taken care of us, we both get to keep our jobs and will be getting RAISES !!! That's how our God works, that's how He loves us... I am so humbled by His grace and love for us.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 am

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight"  Prov.3:5-6

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."  Matt.6:33

"Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith!  And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."  Luke 12:22-31
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jobs, Money and the Future   Jobs, Money and the Future I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jobs, Money and the Future
Page 1 of 1