Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back to the Future shoes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Back to the Future shoes Empty
PostSubject: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Has anyone heard about this yet. Nike made 1500 pairs of the BTTF shoe from part 2. They will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.

The first pair went for $37,500. Right now the lowest bid for the ones in my size is $3,000.

That's a little too rich for my blood.

http://nikemag.ebay.com/shoes

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/michael-j-fox-marty-mcfly-shoes-back-to-the-future-david-letterman-233434
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 pm

I saw a video clip with Michael J Fox on the Letterman show. That looks like a very cool piece of memorabilia to own. For some reason I expect that later pairs of the shoes will probably not sell for nearly as much as the first pair ($37,000), but I am pretty sure they will all be too expensive for my wallet.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm

That is possibly the most ridiculous waste of money I've ever seen. You know how many needy kids could be fed and clothed in Rwanda and Indonesia from just 1 pair of those stupid shoes ?
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
That is possibly the most ridiculous waste of money I've ever seen. You know how many needy kids could be fed and clothed in Rwanda and Indonesia from just 1 pair of those stupid shoes ?

There was an episode of Castle(I believe) on TV last year that had a burglary of a "collectable" pair of shoes. The burglar broke into a house and took only one pair out of a whole safe filled with one of a kind shoes.

What are your thoughts on collection of pairs of shoes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 pm

I think it's cool. Parkinson's research is not a frivolous cause at all IMO. Of course, I could never afford them...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:03 am

If it will benefit someone else in need, then I have no problem with auctioning these shoes. If I had the money, and a foot small enough to wear them, I'd do it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Sorry, I'm slow as molasses... I went to the sight and looked at the prices without even reading a word about "raising money for Parkinsons"... that's what I get for opening my mouth before getting all the facts.
Yes, I think it's a great idea, especially if you have that kind of money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Future shoes   Back to the Future shoes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to the Future shoes
Page 1 of 1