Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things that sound like other things

Go down 
+6
xenonlion
Readi_Sketti
kerrick
Xid
metaldude
Driven
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Things that sound like other things Empty
PostSubject: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Ever listen to a song and think, "my, that sounds familiar…"? As if the song had been very heavily inspired by another song?

I've noticed a few samey-sounding (love that word!) parts from songs:
- "One" by Bride: the intro riff is reminiscent of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
- "Two Roads" by Daniel Band: the intro riff is reminiscent of "Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent
- "Crush The Head Of Satan" by Stryken: the intro growl-y sound is reminiscent of "Tom Sawyer" by Rush

And an honourable mention, because the author has confessed to plagiarism (Razz):
- "Moo Moo Clank" by Derek Close: the intro cowbell rhythm is almost identical to "YYZ" by Rush

Any others?
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Love Comes Down by Rez sounds more than a little like Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC.
Petra's Seen And Not Heard sounds like Heaven's on Fire by Kiss.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Driven wrote:
And an honourable mention, because the author has confessed to plagiarism (Razz):
- "Moo Moo Clank" by Derek Close: the intro cowbell rhythm is almost identical to "YYZ" by Rush

It's not plagiarism, it's Morse Code.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Xid wrote:
Driven wrote:

It's not plagiarism, it's Morse Code.  Laughing

Alrighty then, what's it mean? Eh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Probably the letters Y, Y, and Z!  What a Face
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:24 pm

So every time I played that song, I was playing morse code metal? Cool! I'm tellin' Corzine.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 pm

metaldude wrote:
So every time I played that song, I was playing morse code metal? Cool! I'm tellin' Corzine.

lol! You Rock  Derek should probably trademark that genre before someone else does!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:14 pm

kerrick wrote:
Probably the letters Y, Y, and Z!  What a Face

Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:20 pm

rendeer
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:23 pm

I refuse to let this degrade into an emoticon war. Wink
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Why, because you know I'd win?  farao Stupid   Haha ANYWAYS... back to the topic at hand...  I like how Derek Corzine (see how I'm bringing this full circle?) used the same riff on Whisper From Heaven's single Into Eternity as one of the songs from his past band Syringe.  Not sure if that counts since it's obviously fully intentional...
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Some have remarked that "Rip Van Winkle" by Trytan has a structure vaguely reminiscent of "Tom Sawyer" by Rush.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Driven wrote:

It is Morse Code for Y-Y-Z which are the call letters for the Toronto Airport.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Xid wrote:
Driven wrote:

It is Morse Code for Y-Y-Z which are the call letters for the Toronto Airport.

It's funny, the call letters for one of the international airports close to Toronto, that is to say the Ottawa airport, are YOW. Must hurt to land there!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:44 am

I have thought that so many times that one song sounds so much like another, but I cant think of any off the top of my head Stupid
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 pm

"Prowler" and "The Mercenary" by Iron Maiden always merge together in my head. They are a little similar.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Was very INTO "Sounds Like" songs a while back... planned to make a huge website with song clips, but never finished it, just have a few on there.

There's a few cool ones to ponder here:
http://guiltyforgiven.com/sb/soundBITES.html
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Led Zeppelin - Trampled Under Foot

Angelica - The Fire Inside
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 6:17 am

Bloodgood's "I Want To Live In Your Heart" sounds a lot like Foreigner's "I Want To Know What Love Is".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:20 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Bloodgood's "I Want To Live In Your Heart" sounds a lot like Foreigner's "I Want To Know What Love Is".

Spot on!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Was very INTO "Sounds Like" songs a while back... planned to make a huge website with song clips, but never finished it, just have a few on there.

I remember when you talked about doing this a little while back but never saw the results.  And I totally agree with you regarding the Wes King and Led Zep "sound alike", it HAD to be done on purpose..it's a carbon copy.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 am

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I remember when you talked about doing this a little while back but never saw the results.  And I totally agree with you regarding the Wes King and Led Zep "sound alike", it HAD to be done on purpose..it's a carbon copy.

Yeh, somehow life has this way of getting in the way of all my frivolous pointless endeavors.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:51 pm

I hear ya man.

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Gah, that pesky "life" thing, eh… Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that sound like other things   Things that sound like other things I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things that sound like other things
Page 1 of 1