Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!

Go down 
+6
Follower of Jesus
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Xid
Staybrite
fishingd
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! Empty
PostSubject: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 9:52 am

The Brave speaks out about New vocalist, New album and much more!
Interview with The Brave!
http://untombed.com/interview-the-brave/
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 10:51 am

Nice interview, thanks for posting.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Nice interview!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 pm

Great interview!  I love the new singer and think she's a great asset for the band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 2:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Great interview!  I love the new singer and think she's a great asset for the band.

I agree. I finally listed to the sound files this weekend (wanted to wait until I got the physical album but just couldn't).  I will say the production isn't up to the "slickness" that the Elefante brothers did with the band's first two albums, but it isn't at all horrible like some are suggesting, it sounds a little rougher and a little more honest IMO.  The new singer sounds absolutely fantastic on those older songs, looking forward to giving this album repeated spins.

fishingd

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I agree. I finally listed to the sound files this weekend (wanted to wait until I got the physical album but just couldn't).  I will say the production isn't up to the "slickness" that the Elefante brothers did with the band's first two albums, but it isn't at all horrible like some are suggesting, it sounds a little rougher and a little more honest IMO.  The new singer sounds absolutely fantastic on those older songs, looking forward to giving this album repeated spins.
I agree I don`t think the production is bad at all!!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 am

Nice interview Dale.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 6:09 am

The production is just not as Elefante slick as it was way back when.  The guitars could have been a bit higher in the mix.  The overall mastering could have been a bit better.  However, this is by no means a horrible sounding production.  I've bought CDs from other artists, and produced a few myself, that didn't sound this great.  I miss the slickness they had while on Pakaderm, but I think its a great effort from a band to get back together, take a chance with a female singer, and learn how to use their own studio equipment.  It shows us what they would sound like if Amanda Z had been with them all along and where they are headed in the future.  On that note, its a strong project alone.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 7:36 am

I'm more a fan of the old The Brave.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 am

alldatndensum wrote:
The production is just not as Elefante slick as it was way back when. 
 I don`t think all of Elefante production where the Slick!! Razz  I do agree Chris!
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:17 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Nice interview Dale.
Thank you Young Lady!!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Had it since its release a few weeks ago, and frankly I hate it. Battle Cries is MILES better than this. Trust is way better. The production really holds it back, and I'm not a fan of the singer.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Had it since its release a few weeks ago, and frankly I hate it. Battle Cries is MILES better than this. Trust is way better. The production really holds it back, and I'm not a fan of the singer.

Bummer, I can certainly see any fans that were expecting a male lead singer along the lines of Jamie or Randy (or somewhere in between) would likely be disappointed with pretty much any female singer.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:50 am

Staybrite wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

Bummer, I can certainly see any fans that were expecting a male lead singer along the lines of Jamie or Randy (or somewhere in between) would likely be disappointed with pretty much any female singer.

That's partly true. I like Ransom and HB, so it's not automatic that I won't like a female singer. But the fact that the band hid this really bugs me. Had they been forthcoming, I would not have pre-ordered, and after hearing samples I would most definitely not have purchased this. The band very likely knew that.

However, it is more than the singer that brings this down for me. She's not a terrible singer at all, but just not my style. But the music itself is just not that great.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 12:55 pm

When did The Brave become The Letter Black?  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:

Sorry the latest Brave album is miles better than the latest Letter Black album (and I'm fans of both bands).  But I get what you are suggesting (I think) but I don't see it.  The Brave album is blues based hard rock with a female singer.  The Letter Black is typical modern rock (by the numbers).

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 2:49 pm

I was kidding. mostly. I hear the blues but it's also more modern sounding then i'd like from The Brave.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

Sorry the latest Brave album is miles better than the latest Letter Black album (and I'm fans of both bands).  But I get what you are suggesting (I think) but I don't see it.  The Brave album is blues based hard rock with a female singer.  The Letter Black is typical modern rock (by the numbers).

um ... don't you mean "by the letters"? Specifically, the letter black?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Redeemed Fool wrote:
I was kidding. mostly. I hear the blues but it's also more modern sounding then i'd like from The Brave.

I can understand that.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:26 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Redeemed Fool wrote:

um ... don't you mean "by the letters"? Specifically, the letter black?

The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! Rim-sh10

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Ya know, I had never even heard of this band until literally 2 days ago when I finally got around to listen to the Roxx 2014 Sampler that was sent out with the Jupiter VI release. When it came on I thought maybe it was a new Ransom song. I really liked what I heard but thought the production was a little weak (not bad by any means, just something was missing). And since I have never heard any of these songs I liked what I heard. I don't have the originals to compare to so it would be interesting to hear the originals with slick production compared to the track I heard (Killing Floor and I am not even sure if it's a remake or a new song).
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Their original two albums were pretty different sounding. The first one, Battle Cries, was big hair pop metal while the second one was more bluesy, almost a Badlands sound and I like it better.
That is a new song.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 pm

I like the new one.  I think that a better mastering job would have made these songs shine.  I like the new songs and the new singer and look forward to hearing what they do next.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Yes "The Killing Floor" was a new song.  Great album (despite the less than perfect production).  I hope to see more music from this line-up in the future.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 7:15 am

If I didn't have so many different irons in the fire with trying to make cigar box guitars, recording again, and different other types of artwork, I'd sit down and try my hand with my mastering software and see what I could do with this.  I just don't have the time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!   The Brave speaks out about New vocalist! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Brave speaks out about New vocalist!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next