Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian Rap and the conservative Church

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Fundy
endlessfuneral2003
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Christian Rap and the conservative Church Empty
PostSubject: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 4:47 pm

I know this isn't about hard music, but it is about music and Jesus and opposing views. You might find it interesting, you might not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaZBXFKIkzg&feature=dir
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:34 pm

What a ridiculous comment from Dr Garlock: "I don't think we should be judging by results necessarily". What is wrong with these people? If the results bring people to Christ how is that wrong? Then his daughter is going to say "worldly music and bible words don't mix" then when she is asked how she would represent the music to the young generation she starts playing some easy listening classical piano...."Hello!? that is also "worldly music"....
Where do they find these people? Hypocrites the lot of them.

I can't stand rap music, but more power to anybody who wants to share the gospel through rap music, may God bless their ministry. I'm pretty sure I would let my children listen to any style of music as long as the lyrics glorify Christ (yes even country).

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:13 pm

"I can't stand rap music, but more power to
anybody who wants to share the gospel through rap music, may God bless
their ministry. I'm pretty sure I would let my children listen to any
style of music as long as the lyrics glorify Christ (yes even country)"

Same here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 6:27 am

"even country" lol Very Happy

I agree too.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:48 pm

OK, maybe not country! lol!

Seriously, though, ALL styles of music have been used by worldly people. So, if you're gonna shy away from one style or another like that old man & his daughter in the video, then shouldn't ALL music be thrown out? I mean, you can't glorify God with it if it's worldly, right? I am just being faceticious.

I think that God is honored whenever anyone is trying to honor Him with their lives and the words that come out of their mouths. To the young guys in the video, I say keep up the good work of spreadin' the Good News!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 12:08 pm

I look at it this way. Your young child brings you a terrible looking painting they created. You know what I mean, all the colors run together, it looks like someone may have had an accident on it, and you couldn't describe what it was supposed to be if your life depended on it.
So you ask your child "What is it a picture of?" They answer proudly; "It's a picture of you and me holding hands." But nobody else could ever see that in the picture. You are given more joy from that single picture than if the Mayor of your town erected a statue in your honor.
Why? Because your child did it in love to honor you, and your love for each other.
I am sure that is how God looks at our music (and art for that matter). I am sure it is just as amaturish and unappealing as that painting from your child. But when we do it to honor him, it must be a joy to him regardless of how ugly it is compared to the glory of Heaven.
Nothing we create on earth can come close to reflecting the true beauty of our Lord and his plan for us.

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 2:29 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I look at it this way. Your young child brings you a terrible looking painting they created. You know what I mean, all the colors run together, it looks like someone may have had an accident on it, and you couldn't describe what it was supposed to be if your life depended on it.
So you ask your child "What is it a picture of?" They answer proudly; "It's a picture of you and me holding hands." But nobody else could ever see that in the picture. You are given more joy from that single picture than if the Mayor of your town erected a statue in your honor.
Why? Because your child did it in love to honor you, and your love for each other.
I am sure that is how God looks at our music (and art for that matter). I am sure it is just as amaturish and unappealing as that painting from your child. But when we do it to honor him, it must be a joy to him regardless of how ugly it is compared to the glory of Heaven.
Nothing we create on earth can come close to reflecting the true beauty of our Lord and his plan for us.

I agree i think that was a great explanation Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:09 pm

It's not the music style you use to honor God.
It's your heart that sings on that moment words of worship to God.
For God your words counts, the condition of your heart on the moment you worship Him.
I don't think God is thinking im music styles like we do.
God sees your heart when you worship Him.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 7:47 pm

Staybright: Christian Rap and the conservative Church Applause_smiley

EXCELLENT way to put it. Right on !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 9:20 pm

avdb11 wrote:

I don't think God is thinking im music styles like we do.
God sees your heart when you worship Him.

I agree completely.

(thanks apofreak and drums)Smile

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:05 pm

I wanted to chime in on this topic, because I have always been a part of "the conservative church". I worship where I want to because I think that it has ever-lasting benefit for myself and my family......but, I have been struggling with "modern music is of the devil" for my whole life.

I have avoided these threads on all the boards that I frequent, but, maybe that is due to a lack of faith, or immaturity, or both and more Idea .

First of all, the very negative side of me says: "20 years from now there will be threads about churches/preechas' dissing modern music and saying it is straight from H, EEE, Double Hockey Stick Laughing ."

I was wrestling with this topic at age 17, just like I am now at 43. I am more confident in my beliefs now, (and more callous).

Anyway, I just hope that my comments aren't taken as wreckless, I have deep feelings and many thoughts about this topic, I don't want to offend.

I just don't see how the devil has created Anything, period. The devil didn't create music,.....or styles of music,...or genres ( Very Happy ) or beats,...or rhythms,....or time signatures,...or modes,....or scales,....or etc.,...etc....

What saddens me is that I see this completely as an issue of taste. Period.

I appreciate that our creator made us in His image, and with a wonderful amount of diversity and varying tastes. Just because I don't like something (that does not contradict the truths and teachings in God's word) does NOT make it wrong.

(Side-Bar Here: The same Holy Spirit that unifies us, gives us diversity)

Any-hoo, my kids are into rap, and I am working on finding them Christian rap for Christmas presents. I have found that no matter what the style, if it is God-honoring and God-centered it puts a smile on my face. So, I enjoy and appreciate styles, genres, modes, time signatures, rhythms etc, etc,...that may not be my taste.

(Sorry this post is so short Smile ) .
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:28 pm

Quote :
I just don't see how the devil has created Anything, period.

VERY good point !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:50 pm

LateFortheParty wrote:
What saddens me is that I see this completely as an issue of taste. Period.

Agreed!

Great post Late!

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:43 pm

I find it ironic when it comes to music. I know of several people that claim hymns are the only real music of God. That drums and guitars should not be allowed in the church, but at the same time these same people will go see concerts of The Rolling Stones, Hank Williams Jr, Shania Twain and so on.
It seems a lot of people have different criteria for their faith and their lives.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:36 am

Quote :
these same people will go see concerts of The Rolling Stones, Hank Williams Jr, Shania Twain and so on.

I relate to that. When I was a teen, some of my friends were like that, they said that Christian rock was wrong, but would listen to lyrics that clearly contradicted God's word...it was somewhat confusing for me.

Country music tends to get a free pass in my circles, it always has. I greatly appreciate the history and roots of CW, but, just like any style of music there is plenty of songs that are just wrong, but, because the style is more acceptable, it gets a seal of approval Mad .
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:22 am

I was completely opposed to country music before my wife and I married. I hated country, and still hate the twangy hick stuff. However, my wife was raised with country so I inevitably listened with her... and was I surprised at some of the clever thought and Christian values of many (not all). I now can not only listen to some of it but songs like "where were you when the world stopped turning", "what if Jesus came back like that" and "Three wooden crosses" can actually bring a tear to my eye. I thought I'd never see that day !

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still a ROCKER throughout the very fiber of my being ! and always will be !
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Just to be clear, I am not dissing' CW, or any other style/genre of music. I was just saying that CW is a little more acceptable in "the conservative church" than other modern music styles.

This reminds me how my college roomate used to sing "Whole Lotta' Rosie" in a very slow and operatic voice, just to see if people were catching the lyrics Smile .

People/We/Me Laughing are more tolerable of things we like and less tolerable of things we don't like. Like I said, IMO it is just a matter of taste, and if it "tastes good to us" we will defend it....if it "tastes bad".....it must be wrong. Laughing Many people use this last argument as a defense, saying, "you are just justifying it because you like it". I don't completely disagree with this but to me this argument can be applied to ALL of us, including Hymn lovers. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rap and the conservative Church   Christian Rap and the conservative Church I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Rap and the conservative Church
Page 1 of 1