Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decemberadio

Go down 
+2
BrideFan
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 9:22 am

This is what I found in Myspace as a bulletin from Decemberadio.

Quote :

On November 13th we're releasing an expanded edition of our last record, which in addition to the original song listing, will contain our new single, "Find You Waiting," an acoustic video performance of "Drifter," a previously unreleased audio recording of "Love Found Me (Love's Got a Hold)," behind-the-scenes interview footage, a special fan sticker and new packaging. Go pick it up on November 13!
Back to top Go down

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 am

I hate "Expanded Editions" that come out AFTER the original release. If you have that much extra stuff, release an EP...don't make your fans buy the album again...
Back to top Go down

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 9:58 am

Forgot to say, I like Decemberadio...
Back to top Go down
BrideFan

BrideFan

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-21

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 3:27 pm

I just want that acoustic track. I love that song though, has a mix of Billy Squire meets John Cougar Mellancamp's "Little Pink House"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 3:55 pm

I really dig this band, but there is no way I am buying the same album again for what amounts to one new song, and a different version of an album track.

Put out a new album.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:28 pm

An expanded edition is an EP released after an album?
A new Decemberadio would be a wonderful idea.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:51 pm

i agree Shawn. I think it is just the record companies trying to milk the consumers. If there is an extra song or so I will just download it from Itunes or something. I know that skillet is doing this as well with a reissue of "comatose" and a new song called "live free"
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 pm

I've won't buy reissues of discs like this. I don't usually have any use for the one or two bonus tracks.

But, don't slam the bands for doing this. This reeks of the record company just trying to stir up sales.

I also think that Decemberadio would be best served to release a new CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 9:27 pm

I know this topic is very similar to other threads, in that, they are closely related, meaning the wacky-ness of the record industry. I purchased the "Table" and "Love Found Me" downloads, but I didn't really want the rest of the lp. These addittional songs will not even tempt me if they can't be individually downloaded...
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 11:15 pm

I don't blame the artist at all. I think it is strictly from the record companies. Ever since file sharing became big the record companies have had to find a way to make sure people spend thier hard earned cash on the product rather than individual songs. hence the re-issue age. I mean it's getting to the point to where you should just await a few extra months before buying a cd since it will be re-issued. As long as the extra songs are made available thru Itunes or something I will just pay the $.99 for the song and skip the dvd's.
Back to top Go down

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:50 am

Yeah, I know its the labels...I don't know why I worded it like that...I meant "THE fans"...not "YOUR fans"...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:49 pm

And this seems to have become the standard for record companies with young Christian modern/hard rock acts.
Pillar, Disciple, Barlow Girl, Seventh Day Slumber etc. I have seen bonus track reissues for all those artists and there are probably tons more.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:14 pm

I will at least defend Seventh Day Slumber. They added 6 bonus tracks to the reissue that they released. I know--they were from their demo days, but they mastered those to the standards of the studio recordings. So, you were getting an EP length of extra songs.

But, the rest that you mentioned, Staybrite, didn't add enough to warrant getting excited over.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:22 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I will at least defend Seventh Day Slumber. They added 6 bonus tracks to the reissue that they released. I know--they were from their demo days, but they mastered those to the standards of the studio recordings. So, you were getting an EP length of extra songs.

That is true. I think I just saw that reissue really cheap somewhere too (like less than 8 bucks).

Decemberadio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio   Decemberadio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decemberadio
Page 1 of 1