Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attitude or bitterness problem ?

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Redeemed Fool
kerrick
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Attitude or bitterness problem ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude or bitterness problem ?   Attitude or bitterness problem ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I wish my friends (all of you guys and girls) lived a lot closer.
I don't know. I drove all the way across the country, and Jim wouldn't bend over backwards to drive a few measly hours to see me. Smile

But seriously, I'd likely hang out with most of you (maybe even the youngsters LOL), but not sure we'd have any great discussions beyond hobbies. I'm in general a very quiet person unless it deals with a hobby. Even my wife and I don't have many deep talks (thankfully she's quiet, too). I have very few people that I hang out with now. I can be very outgoing when I need to be or think I should be, but I'd just as soon be alone.

Hopefully, I'll get to meet up with the few here that may be near national parks (or along the route to get there) I'll visit in the future. If anyone finds they'll be traveling I-70 at the IN/IL border, let me know.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Attitude or bitterness problem ?   Attitude or bitterness problem ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Quote :
but I'd just as soon be alone

My life's motto.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Attitude or bitterness problem ?   Attitude or bitterness problem ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:35 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Reverence is a word that churches like mine use to keep the younger generations quiet while they lock themselves into traditions that they enjoy.  Sadly, it puts a church into death mode as the only new people you attract are like-minded elderly people.  The youth with go to a more vibrant church with their parents if they are not feeling like there is anything for them at your church.  I am watching this happen and no one wants to listen.
 I went to a Baptist church about 20 years ago, and I swear, about 90 percent of the membership were over the age of 70. Every single Sunday, before the sermon was preached, the pastor would announce brother/sister so and so went to be with the Lord last night/last week.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Attitude or bitterness problem ?   Attitude or bitterness problem ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Samson wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Reverence is a word that churches like mine use to keep the younger generations quiet while they lock themselves into traditions that they enjoy.  Sadly, it puts a church into death mode as the only new people you attract are like-minded elderly people.  The youth with go to a more vibrant church with their parents if they are not feeling like there is anything for them at your church.  I am watching this happen and no one wants to listen.
 I went to a Baptist church about 20 years ago, and I swear, about 90 percent of the membership were over the age of 70. Every single Sunday, before the sermon was preached, the pastor would announce brother/sister so and so went to be with the Lord last night/last week.

Sounds a bit like my old church. There used to be a couple dozen youth, but most either moved or graduated. Now, there's practically no one there. Interestingly enough, I went back there last night to play drums for a hymn sing (Shocked), and I think I was the youngest one there, barring infants. OK, so it was a hymn sing, but still.

I've since joined another church, with a decent-sized youth group (where I've made a few friends) and a balanced demographic. Music there is usually newer P/W songs, but with some hymns added, and I think the balance works. My parents go to a different church, which was never very big to start with and has been shrinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitude or bitterness problem ?   Attitude or bitterness problem ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attitude or bitterness problem ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2