For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 My music problem.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

avatar

Number of posts : 15119
Age : 89
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: My music problem.   Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:41 am

For years I've bought music I like.
But for some years it's harder for me to find music I really like.
Some of my favorite bands don't make CDs anymore, others are not a band anymore.

I'l searching for new cool music.
I love hard rock, metal and blues.
No, I'm not a fan of cookie monster music.

Can you help me to find some cool new bands, so I can order CDs again?
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3708
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:12 pm

I, to am having a hard time as a lot of new music just doesn't grab me.† Not to mention I like physical product over digital.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

avatar

Number of posts : 4026
Age : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Rather late, but I've just discovered Diviner.† The album is 2 years old, and they're working on a new one.† But Fallen Empires is a great album (which I've now ordered).

_________________
My Christian Metal Website.........
Silence Is Madness

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19150
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Seems like we are going through a bit of a musical drought with regards to melodic Christian metal.† The last 3-1/2 years I have only picked up between 10-20 albums from Christian metal/hard rock artists.† In the previous years (2006-2013) I was regularly collecting 25-30+ albums.† Part of that might be because I've pretty much given up on modern rock and power metal...but there just isn't as much out there in the melodic rock/metal category from Christian bands (but there seems to be a ton of it from secular groups).

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2542
Age : 31
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Rocker, how particular are you about lyrics?† Christian only, "Christian safe" secular, etc.?† And how about the language(s) the songs are sung in?

Do you like power metal, doom metal, and thrash metal or are you only looking for hard rock/heavy metal?
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

avatar

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 am

Iím with you! Thereís so little new music that interests me, secular or Christian. What little Iíve found is almost entirely in the secular realm. Thereís almost no such thing as Christian melodic metal anymore, unless itís poorly produced and nearly unlistenable.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 3049
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:11 am

I am content with with I have.

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19186
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:15 am

As people switch mostly to streaming, you will see less and less music put out by indie bands.† Why?† Because they A) know they won't get paid for their work from streaming, and B) won't get heard on there much anyway as the labels have pretty much taken over those mediums.† Sirus/XM won't play you either.† For many artists, why even bother making music?† If you could find some like-minded musicians, you would be more likely to be heard if you were just a cover band.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3708
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:57 am

alldatndensum wrote:
If you could find some like-minded musicians, you would be more likely to be heard if you were just a cover band.
I would rather find something else to do than play covers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

avatar

Number of posts : 15119
Age : 89
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Quote :
Rocker, how particular are you about lyrics?† Christian only, "Christian safe" secular, etc.?† And how about the language(s) the songs are sung in?

†Christian only, but will check out "Christian Safe".
I prefer English.
I want to understand where I'm listening too.

Quote :
Do you like power metal, doom metal, and thrash metal or are you only looking for hard rock/heavy metal?
I'm looking for hard rock/heavy metal, but don't mind doom metal.

Does this mean that there comes less and less Christian music in the future?


Last edited by rockerVu2 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2542
Age : 31
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Gotcha.† Well here are a few recommendations I can make:

Jachin - rock
https://jachin82.bandcamp.com/
This is a side project of one of the guys from a couple great Christian death metal bands but there is no death metal to be found here.† Very melodic, upbeat, and emotive.† They only have two songs so far, but definitely keep an eye on them.

Dream Patrol - hard rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjY2zqxfmeo
Not really my style, but it sounds pretty good nonetheless and you know that if Ronnie from Signum Regis is involved, it'll be quality.

Under The Sun - doom metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xyRZRCi3E
Great traditional doom metal that's somehow upbeat too.† They only ever released one album and it's stellar.† It has a member or two that played in Place Of Skulls (which I assume you're familiar with already).

[newer] Wovenhand - rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ea8ygfsZgE
While Wovenhand's earlier stuff is "gothic americana," their latest three albums (The Laughing Stalk, Refractory Obdurate, and Star Treatment) are all much more rock oriented.† They're still a bit "different" and won't be as straight-forward as more traditional rock, but there's lots to love here.† I'd start with The Laughing Stalk which is IMO their most straight forward rock album - and one of my favorites of theirs.

Four Star Revival - heavy metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUr59trbjzw
I won their full-length in an online raffle and it turned me into a fan.† I really enjoy their stuff.† Their EP is quite good too.

Knights Of The Revival - rock/metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SAtyeRa674
I also won these guys' album online (and later a t-shirt of theirs haha).† They're a young band but show a lot of potential.

Sardis - heavy metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLq-lveqxzo
These guys blend a few styles together (heavy, power, thrash, a little death) and do it very well.† They're working on new material which I'm stoked about too!

Sardonyx - thrash/power metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQK_QO9ZgLY
Maybe not quite your cup of tea, but I somewhat recently discovered these guys and love the very up-front and bold lyrics, melody, and heaviness.

Wytch Hazel - metal/rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEaWijlrPw
Upbeat, melodic, and somewhat folksy: these guys are great.

Those are all Christian bands or at least have Christian members and/or themes.† Also the above recommendations are all English-singing bands.† Upon marrying a Slovak woman, I've greatly enjoyed getting to know some Slovak music.† Probably my favorite is a band called Sexit.† Their first album is Maiden-esque but their later albums are what I'd call "eclectic rock."† They're very good.† Their lyrics are extremely poetic and clean.† Some of their songs have Christian themes but they're certainly not a "Christian band."† This song is a good representation of their style, though like I said, they're quite eclectic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npNN_AzZFdE
I have their entire discography which was purchased in Slovakia.† I don't know how easy it is to find their stuff here, but if you like them, I could maybe make a mix CD for you to enjoy until you're able to track down their CDs.† Smile

I hope you enjoy and find something new in this list that you like!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19186
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Xid wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
If you could find some like-minded musicians, you would be more likely to be heard if you were just a cover band.
I would rather find something else to do than play covers.



I would agree.† I could have been getting paid a long time ago if I would have just joined up playing in cover bands in Nashville's club scene.† I would rather not.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3708
Age : 49
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Xid wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
If you could find some like-minded musicians, you would be more likely to be heard if you were just a cover band.
I would rather find something else to do than play covers.



I would agree.† I could have been getting paid a long time ago if I would have just joined up playing in cover bands in Nashville's club scene.† I would rather not.

†I get bored playing covers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19186
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:12 pm

I don't know if it will interest you or not, Vonnie, but the Altar Boys have a new album that will be releasing VERY soon.† I did the pledge drive for it and received the MP3s today.† The CDs will be available in the next couple of weeks.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 1995
Age : 47
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:36 am

I have a hard time finding new Christian Metal as well that sounds classic. When I do find a band I'll usually pick up a release but it is mostly classic bands that I purchase.

Have found some good secular bands that sound like classic stuff, Greta Van Fleet, Airbourne, Night Demon, '77, etc but none of it is Christian, just has a classic sound.

One band in particular has that AC/DC sound down pat. In fact the singer looks like Malcolm and sings like Bon but their latest release they have moved from the AC/DC sound to a Black Sabbath sound. I'll go ahead and post one of their songs here. It isn't Christian but it isn't offensive either.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 19186
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:21 am

There are actually TWO problems I have finding new metal.† First, it doesn't have that classic sound anymore.† I know--we are old and times have changed.† I get it, but I don't have to like it.

Second, the messages just don't mean as much to me.† While early Christian metal is supposedly "cheesy" these days, the messages were easily understood.† I don't find myself singing along with newer music as the messages just don't touch me much anymore.† But, I can put on some of the old stuff and I feel like heaven is touching earth.† I was walking through the kitchen this morning singing the chorus to "Kingdom Man" from the Newsboys.† You won't hear me singing anything from most newer bands and they lyrics just don't have the cheese or lyrical directness that I would love to hear again.† We have better musicians, but the lyrics just aren't as good to me.

Those are the problems I have with music.† I have other problems or so my shrink says.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

avatar

Number of posts : 4026
Age : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:25 am

Whilst there is room for every kind of lyrical approach in the Christian metal genre, I tend to agree with alldat.† I enjoy listening to cheesy music more than the "music with a hidden message."† Sometimes the songs that aren't clear can be taken two ways, and sometimes that waters it down a bit.

For instance, Disciples songs that are plain and simple are quite often knocking around my head, but the vague ones (like from S/T or Scars Remain...) I tend to forget.

Everyone shout..." BYYYY GODDDD" or "What makes you different from one another..."

_________________
My Christian Metal Website.........
Silence Is Madness

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

avatar

Number of posts : 15119
Age : 89
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:18 am

Quote :
I don't know if it will interest you or not, Vonnie, but the Altar Boys have a new album

I'll check the Altar Boys out.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

avatar

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
There are actually TWO problems I have finding new metal.† First, it doesn't have that classic sound anymore.† I know--we are old and times have changed.† I get it, but I don't have to like it.

Second, the messages just don't mean as much to me.† While early Christian metal is supposedly "cheesy" these days, the messages were easily understood.† I don't find myself singing along with newer music as the messages just don't touch me much anymore.† But, I can put on some of the old stuff and I feel like heaven is touching earth.† I was walking through the kitchen this morning singing the chorus to "Kingdom Man" from the Newsboys.† You won't hear me singing anything from most newer bands and they lyrics just don't have the cheese or lyrical directness that I would love to hear again.† We have better musicians, but the lyrics just aren't as good to me.

Those are the problems I have with music.† I have other problems or so my shrink says.

This is why I like Letter 7. He writes very accessible lyrics that are easy to sing along to. Some of those hooks get stuck in my brain for weeks! I wish JD could record more often.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 19150
Age : 50
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:26 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
There are actually TWO problems I have finding new metal.† First, it doesn't have that classic sound anymore.† I know--we are old and times have changed.† I get it, but I don't have to like it.

Second, the messages just don't mean as much to me.† While early Christian metal is supposedly "cheesy" these days, the messages were easily understood.† I don't find myself singing along with newer music as the messages just don't touch me much anymore.† But, I can put on some of the old stuff and I feel like heaven is touching earth.† I was walking through the kitchen this morning singing the chorus to "Kingdom Man" from the Newsboys.† You won't hear me singing anything from most newer bands and they lyrics just don't have the cheese or lyrical directness that I would love to hear again.† We have better musicians, but the lyrics just aren't as good to me.

Those are the problems I have with music.† I have other problems or so my shrink says.

This is why I like Letter 7. He writes very accessible lyrics that are easy to sing along to. Some of those hooks get stuck in my brain for weeks! I wish JD could record more often.

YES!† This exactly.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

avatar

Number of posts : 15119
Age : 89
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Kerrick, I need some time to check all those links out.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2542
Age : 31
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Kerrick, I need some time to check all those links out.

No you must check them out NOW!†† Razz

Haha take your time, but I'll be curious what you think!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My music problem.   

Back to top Go down
 
My music problem.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dennis Chambers Clinic - Daddy's Junky Music, Boston
» For those with music boomerang account
» WTB: The Royal Scots music book...
» Fresh new music for you
» I Hate EMI Music

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: