Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+19
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
MikeInFla
metaldude
BearDad
Samson
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
LRW
Driven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Watching Sliders Season 4.  Holy cow this show tanked hard after the second season, I can't believe it lasted for 5 seasons.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 am

Staybrite wrote:
Watching Sliders Season 4.  Holy cow this show tanked hard after the second season, I can't believe it lasted for 5 seasons.

Yeah,the first 2 seasons were the best. Season 3 was OK. Season 4 and 5 bombed.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 11:40 am

Dune (1984)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Yeah,the first 2 seasons were the best. Season 3 was OK. Season 4 and 5 bombed.

It all went down hill fast when they killed off Professor Arturo.  It looks like by the time the last seasoned filmed (haven't seen it yet) "The Cryin' Man" was the only original character left.  For some reason I cannot seem to remember the character's name for the "newer female lead" and she looks so much like the last actress that I just keep calling her "Wade 2.0" 
Laughing

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Dune (1984)

Most excellent film, but I have to confess I got a little tired of all the "voice overs" to handle the character's "thoughts".  Loved Sting in this movie.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Re-watching the entire Harry Potter collection of films on Blue-ray.  Currently up to #3.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Re-watching the entire Harry Potter collection of films on Blue-ray.  Currently up to #3.

I think I have only seen the 1st half of the 1st movie.It looked pretty good from what I remember. I never did get around to watching them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I think I have only seen the 1st half of the 1st movie.It looked pretty good from what I remember. I never did get around to watching them.

They are fun to watch, but get really dark after about the 3rd film.  Certainly not good for younger children, and the whole witch/wizard thing may not be right for some families.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Just a handful of years ago, I was in the anti-Potter camp, thinking that the movies were encouraging kids towards the occult and witchcraft... but as I grew in Grace and realized I have too much of a "black and white" perspective on things in life as a believer, I then decided to watch all of them and decide for myself.  My daughter has all of them on DVD, so I borrowed them and watched every one in less than 2 weeks.... and I dug them !  They weren't super high on my list of loved movies, but I did like them quite a bit. And as for the evil conspiracy side that church folk have boycotted ?  I can see how young'uns without a good compass in life could be sucked into the excitement of having powers like that... and may not be able to separate the fantasy from reality.  As believers (here at CHM), we've laid solid foundations in Christ for our kids, so when they watched these flicks or any other for that matter, they know what the truth is and how to separate truth from fiction.
So overall, my thoughts are this: There is a slight danger with these kinds of movies and kids without a solid foundation.. but not far removed from kids who just simply wanna have powers as inspired by The Avengers movies.  It shouldn't warrant a bunch of church people making fools of themselves as they protest the movies and books, but it should also have a bit of parental guidance as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
So overall, my thoughts are this: There is a slight danger with these kinds of movies and kids without a solid foundation.. but not far removed from kids who just simply wanna have powers as inspired by The Avengers movies.  It shouldn't warrant a bunch of church people making fools of themselves as they protest the movies and books, but it should also have a bit of parental guidance as well.

I am pretty much along the same side of thinking as you expressed here.  I do think there is a serious danger in people dabbling in the occult. But if taken as pure entertainment value I don't see these movies as terribly harmful (assuming your children understand that God explicitly condemns the use of witchcraft).  

Where I run into trouble is trying to reconcile with other fathers why they think one thing is bad but the other is good.  I knew one dad who strictly forbid any of the Harry Potter stuff, but loved The Incredibles (Pixar's superhero movie).  I asked him one day if he didn't see a conflict in what he was comfortable with.  His reply was: "Well we didn't know where The Incredibles get their power from, for all we know they could have come from God."  I didn't ask my follow-up question (because I didn't want to start an argument), but I thought is rather poor logic to suggest that "If super natural powers come from some ambiguous source, then they are ok, but if they obviously come from Satan/the occult...that they are bad."

My partner at work has also completely forbid any Harry Potter books or films in his house.  However he has encouraged all of his children to read all of Tolkien's Hobbit/LOTR books and has taken them to see all of the films.  I didn't even bother to point out the blatant contridiction in his logic as it would just start a needless argument.  I also don't see the need in suggesting that a parent is doing "something wrong" in raising their child (so long as they are not harming them physically or mentally).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23468
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 6:58 am

Currently working my way through Star Wars Episodes I-VI in preparation to see the new one today!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Watched Star Wars last night.

What are you watching? - Page 36 Wow11
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Watched Star Wars :The Force Awakens last Friday. Saw it again this morning in Imax 3D.

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Star Wars:  The Force Awakens

Man, that was good!  It wasn't as good as the originals, but it sure FELT like a Star Wars movie.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 5:36 pm

X-Men:  Days Of Future Past (Rogue Cut)

If you haven't seen this version, you should.  The scenes with Rogue just made the movie to me.  While not in tons of scenes, she was integral in the survival of mutants in this film.  I hate that they cut her out for the theatrical version.  This version was so much better.  It was cool to see her finally be more than just a whiney lovestruck teenager and actually one of the most important X-Men thus far as were Kitty Pride, Wolverine, and Professor X.  Without them in this movie, mutants would have all died.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Sunday: Star Wars - The Force Awakens....totally agree with Alldat, a fun film that actually felt like it really belonged in the saga.

Monday: Inside Out - another fantastic Pixar film. Loved the emotion characters and the different version in all the peoples heads.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:32 pm

We watched Inside Out a couple of nights ago!

Lazy night, I watched The Maze Runner.  My wife and her mom just didn't get it.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 3:14 pm

My parents, girlfriend, and I started watching Twin Peaks.  What a great show!  It's such a bizarre combination of being dark, zany, atmospheric, soap opera, surreal, and just overall very entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 4:37 pm

kerrick wrote:
My parents, girlfriend, and I started watching Twin Peaks.  What a great show!  It's such a bizarre combination of being dark, zany, atmospheric, soap opera, surreal, and just overall very entertaining.

Bizarre show indeed.  There is a movie as well.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Yup.  The movie is a prequel to the series, though was released later.  I intend on watching the movie, but after I finish the show - as it was released originally.

Have you seen it?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:07 pm

kerrick wrote:
Yup.  The movie is a prequel to the series, though was released later.  I intend on watching the movie, but after I finish the show - as it was released originally.

Have you seen it?

I remember watching a couple of the shows (way back when it was new on television).  I have to confess to not being a huge fan of Kyle MacLachlan so didn't stick with the series (I also was very bummed about him being in the first film adaptation of Dune).  Rumor has it they are filming a new television series for Twin Peaks.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Gotcha.  I think he's pretty fantastic in the show but haven't seen Dune (also directed by Lynch).  I heard about the new series!  I'm curious how it'll be.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 3:15 pm

The Red Road series on Netflix. Probably my favorite series since Longmire, and very much in the same vein.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2505072/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 7:16 am

Age Of Adeline

For a chick flick, it was really good!  I always like Harrison Ford who is in this film as well.  The story was well done, and they do take a little time to explain why Adeline doesn't age.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 8:54 pm

War Room
Hobbit Trilogy (extended editions)
LOTR Trilogy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next