Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+19
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
xenonlion
MikeInFla
metaldude
BearDad
Samson
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Through The Dark Radio
LRW
Driven
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Hardkore
alldatndensum
Staybrite
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 3:54 pm

This weekend I wasted time watching a few "older" movies.

Escape from L.A. - love these campy movies and wish they would do another
Darkman - Wow what a cheesy film! (I'd never seen it before)

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Darkman is great!  Haha one of the best parts is when Frances McDormand is talking to the main bad guy and says, "If you're not going to kill me... I have things to do."

Escape From L.A. is pretty good though not near as good as Escape From New York IMO.  Gotta love that classic Carpenter camp!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:49 pm

kerrick wrote:
Darkman is great!  Haha one of the best parts is when Frances McDormand is talking to the main bad guy and says, "If you're not going to kill me... I have things to do."

I have to admit that was a rather funny line, and overall the movie wasn't horrible....just hard to take seriously.

kerrick wrote:

Escape From L.A. is pretty good though not near as good as Escape From New York IMO.  Gotta love that classic Carpenter camp!

Nothing could top escape from NY! But I would still love to see another Snake Plissken movie (before Russell gets too old to play the part). Maybe Escape from Moscow...or Escape from Detroit...one can only hope.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:09 pm

I loved the Darkman series back when they came out.  I don't think you are supposed to completely take them serious. 

Over the last couple of days, we've watched:

90 Minutes In Heaven

Captive

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:10 pm

We just watched Captive tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:07 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

I have to admit that was a rather funny line, and overall the movie wasn't horrible....just hard to take seriously.

kerrick wrote:

Nothing could top escape from NY!  But I would still love to see another Snake Plissken movie (before Russell gets too old to play the part).  Maybe Escape from Moscow...or Escape from Detroit...one can only hope.

A third one would be cool!  I would definitely watch it.  Moscow or Detroit are good ideas!  You should write to John Carpenter... afro

p.s. cool avatar!

alldatndensum wrote:
I loved the Darkman series back when they came out.  I don't think you are supposed to completely take them serious.

Agreed.  Definitely not to be taken too seriously but rather just a fun ride!  I don't think I ever saw the others, but they weren't directed by Raimi nor did they have Liam in them so I didn't bother.  Are the others any good?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:21 am

Xid wrote:
We just watched Captive tonight.

What did you think of it?  I am planning on showing to my youth group on the 30th.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 9:57 am

It was all right.  A little slow.  But being based on true events it was interesting enough to keep me awake.  My wife read the book so she knew where Hollywood took creative liberties.  I haven't read the book but from what I understand, as usual, the book is better.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 3:51 pm

kerrick wrote:

A third one would be cool!  I would definitely watch it.  Moscow or Detroit are good ideas!  You should write to John Carpenter... afro

Well instead of a third film in the Snake saga, it looks like someone is working on a reboot of Escape from New York......not sure how I feel about it.  I think they are going to have a difficult time finding some to fill Kurt's boots for a new Plissken

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Escape-From-York-Reboot-Has-Plan-87997.html

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I think they are going to have a difficult time finding some to fill Kurt's boots for a new Plissken
They'll also have to find a new landing spot for the glider.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 7:24 am

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:54 am

alldatndensum wrote:

How was it?  I heard it was good but Guy Ritchie has been a little hit-or-miss for me in more recent years.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I think they are going to have a difficult time finding some to fill Kurt's boots for a new Plissken
They'll also have to find a new landing spot for the glider.

That too (totally forgot about that).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 5:22 pm

kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

How was it?  I heard it was good but Guy Ritchie has been a little hit-or-miss for me in more recent years.

It was good.  It wasn't the best film I've ever seen.  For the most part, it is just James Bond with a team.  There is plenty of action, and for the teenage boy, one gratuitous nearly naked chic that was totally unnecessary for the plot.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 5:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

It was good.  It wasn't the best film I've ever seen.  For the most part, it is just James Bond with a team.  There is plenty of action, and for the teenage boy, one gratuitous nearly naked chic that was totally unnecessary for the plot.

Right on.  Well, maybe I'll check it out if I get the chance!

My girlfriend and I are going to see The Revenant tonight.  I think it looks pretty good and have been looking forward to this one for quite some time.  We'll see how it is!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:03 am

First two episodes of Gotham.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 11:46 am

alldatndensum wrote:
First two episodes of Gotham.

Excellent show, tho dark, as one might expect from a Batman related series. I am eagerly waiting for season 2 to become available on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 7:49 am

I'm about to watch episode three!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 12:01 pm

I watched the second half of the Cardinals vs Packers game yesterday.  I'm not a huge fan of football but that game was a knuckle biter.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Stayed up late to watch "The Ridiculous 6".  Holy cow that was awful, even for an Adam Sandler film.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Stayed up late to watch "The Ridiculous 6".  Holy cow that was awful, even for an Adam Sandler film.

I think I made it three minutes in before I decided my time would be better spent digging a hole in the sub-zero weather we are having.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 2:06 pm

I watched The Revenant on Friday.  It was pretty good!  I'd definitely recommend it.  It's pretty violent though so be forewarned.  Great acting, script, characters, and visuals.  My only complaints are that it was a bit longer than necessary and that the CG animals looked pretty phony/fake which took away from the gritty nature of the scenes IMO.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 3:47 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I think I made it three minutes in before I decided my time would be better spent digging a hole in the sub-zero weather we are having.

I should have done the same...it was not worth the loss of two hours of my life.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Some Star Wars movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 1:35 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Some Star Wars movie Very Happy

Is it "Attack of the Revenge of the New Hope?"

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 37 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next