Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flyleaf - Who We Are EP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Flyleaf - Who We Are EP Empty
PostSubject: Flyleaf - Who We Are EP   Flyleaf - Who We Are EP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Flyleaf have decided to release and EP with their new singer.  There appears to be only one new studio track "Something Better" that features a guy on guest vocals (from POD I think).  The rest of the tracks are live.

Here is the new song.

I actually think their new singer sounds pretty good, but the guy on vocals does absolutely nothing for me.
You can hear samples of the whole EP at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Who-We-Are/dp/B00DOLTHN8/ref=sr_1_12?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1373383183&sr=1-12&keywords=flyleaf

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23468
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf - Who We Are EP   Flyleaf - Who We Are EP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:33 pm

While it sounds pretty good, this song is so poppy compared to their other stuff.  If this is the direction they are going in for the future, they may alienate some fans.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf - Who We Are EP   Flyleaf - Who We Are EP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:51 pm

I thought several tunes from their last two LPs were pretty poppy (but certainly not all).  Heck I thought pretty much the entire "Remember To Live" EP was pop and ballads.  All that to say I guess the song didn't surprise me that much, I think much of the pop sound comes from the singer.  I think the change in vocalist will probably hurt their fan base more than the musical direction, but it's not as if the rest of the band could help that.

PostSubject: Re: Flyleaf - Who We Are EP   Flyleaf - Who We Are EP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flyleaf - Who We Are EP
Page 1 of 1