Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
ChosenOne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) Empty
PostSubject: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 am

Went to a Goodwill to look thru their cds. Found 3 early 90's cd's that I bought. Mostly for nostalgia reasons. Got me:
Geoff Moore & The Distance - Pure & Simple. I think I once had this one and got rid of it when I was into hard rock/metal only mood. Now that I am older, learned to appreciate these guys.
Amy Wolter - Hit Me In The Heart. Fighter is one of my all time favorite bands. I remember when this came out and I passed on it for some reason. Haven't listened to it in depth yet, but sounds like Fighter if all their songs were sung by Amy
Brian White & Justice - Livin In The Sight of Water. Little less known AOR band from back in '93. Knew who they were but never had the CD back in the day but it is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:28 am

Very cool ! I'd love to find an Amy Wolter at a thrift store.

My wife and I went to San Diego for our anniversary last week and she unleashed me on the local Goodwills and record stores.
Came home with 30 new LPs and 20 new CDs. The biggest haul was at a Thrift store we stopped at called "The Rock" - my inclinations were spot on, it was a Church's Thrift store- they had a couple hundred CDs and 90% were Christian !! At 2 bucks a peice I got me a good dozen albums.

It's so fun ! My daughter and her man will be moving back down where we live in June right after she graduates with her Masters. When they do, me and my son-in-law are gonna tear up Southern California in search of every Thrift store out there ! I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

It's always great when you are able to find your favorite music.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Very cool ! I'd love to find an Amy Wolter at a thrift store.
I'm not sure if Amy even frequents thrift stores, but I'm willing to bet your chances of finding her at one would increase substantially if you hung out at thrift stores nearer to where she lives.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) Hardy10
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:26 pm

nothing quite like a good thrift store haul...

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Sorry I couldn't resist. Laughing

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:24 am

Back in the late 90's while still in college, I came across Joshua's Intense Defense for $1 at a thrift store. I didn't buy it because at the time I was into punk and had no idea who it was. Rats.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Back in the late 90's while still in college, I came across Joshua's Intense Defense for $1 at a thrift store. I didn't buy it because at the time I was into punk and had no idea who it was. Rats.

Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) Shocked-smiley
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 pm

ChosenOne wrote:

Brian White & Justice - Livin In The Sight of Water. Little less known AOR band from back in '93. Knew who they were but never had the CD back in the day but it is pretty good.
I got both of their cds on Amazon for less than $10.00.
I had forgot about these guys. Thanks for bringing them up.
These are very good discs. Fans of Liaison, Petra, Whiteheart should really like them. It is a shame that they have pretty much been forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)   Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found some gems agin (well mostly for nostalgia)
Page 1 of 1