Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two hidden gems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Emil

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 am

Are there any fans of the albums below here on this forum?

Nouveaux - s/t
The Brave - Battle Cries

Two of my favourite christian albums for sure, but somehow quite rare/unknown stuff, at least today. I love the production on both albums, top notch stuff all the way in my eyes. Smile

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:39 am

I have both of them. The Nouveaux has kind of the pop metal feel that Def Leppard fell into.

The Brave is a cool CD, but the keys are too thick in the mix. The band was never happy with the final mix. I far prefer "Trust".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:49 am

Yeah these are two band that do not get mentioned very often. I have and like them both.
I like the Noveaux cd a lot. I also have both of the Brave releases, but The Battle Cries cd is my favorite from them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Both those albums are fantastic.
I would also recommend the Faith Nation album "Ordinary People" that has Jamie Salters (sp?) from "The Brave". I beileve it is more of a "secular band", but I never noticed anything "bad" in the lyrics. Not quite as good as that first Brave album, but pretty decent.

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Yeah both excellent albums. Alldat's right about the Nouveaux it really does have that pop metal Def Leapard sound. The Brave, fantastic album as well. Those were the days
Back to top Go down
Emil

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:27 am

Alright, people here with good taste. Smile I often hear that people enjoy "Trust" more than "Battle Cries", and I figure it's got to do with personal taste. I don't enjoy "Trust" at all.. but I really enjoy that slick, poppy early 90's production on "Battle Cries". Smile

Have to check out Faith Nation as well, thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:34 am

Emil wrote:
Alright, people here with good taste. Smile I often hear that people enjoy "Trust" more than "Battle Cries", and I figure it's got to do with personal taste. I don't enjoy "Trust" at all.. but I really enjoy that slick, poppy early 90's production on "Battle Cries". Smile

Have to check out Faith Nation as well, thanks for the tip!

I liked Battle Cries better then Trust as well. Battle Cries had more of that Arena Rock sound that I like while Trust they went a little more grungy. Not that Trust wasn't a bad album, it's just an example for me where the debut was better then the 2nd which usually isn't the case
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two hidden gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two hidden gems   Two hidden gems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two hidden gems
Page 1 of 1