Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

election

Go down 
+6
Fundy
bassdude
Staybrite
sabidoo
unworthy
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:22 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance. This election has already been decided long before the vote.

How come?

(I'm pretty sure the Canadian system is different - everybody votes at the same time here)
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:58 am

brokentulsa wrote:
ishmael81
Quote :
I have two good friends who are obsesse with politics. I refuse to vote,
or complain about it. I'm only posting this because it offers a view
different from what eveyone else is saying and may help someone
struggling with it.

I see your point...being in this world and not of this world and trusting God with my life and future does make me wonder if I should care about this election. God is my source...not man.

Here is another interpretation of the verse you listed..see what you think..
[url=http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/baldwin1.html
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/baldwin1.html[/quote[/url]]

It's actually a very similiar view to mine. I don't vote, but I sure as heck pray for our leaders, that they would be guided to do good and not evil (which doesn't always happen, obviously...) and if the government got to be too unjust I would gladly stand up to demand justice

Frankly, people say that it doesn't matter who we vote for president because the electoral college is who really decides. I agree with this article that there are lots of lazy people that use this verse as a cop-out. I see it more as soverignty that I can't change.

Like I said, I pray for our leaders. I think that makes more difference, for me personally, than voting. If I want to change our country, I have to start in my community - by loving those around me, helping the homeless, praying with people at my church (as a Prayer Partner) that are broken and desperate and so forth.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 am

DBF-Canada, the U.S. and all other countries that have elections are the same. While we get to 'vote', the results are tallied long before we ever step into the voting booth.
While there is no PROOF of this, just look at the offerings we have to vote for and wonder why there hasn't been an honest politician in well over 100 years. An honest/moral man would be eaten alive and spit out by the global government system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 am

We are having elections on September 12th.
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Just read the official GOP platform. Over half of it is unconstitutional. I am now to the point of voting Obama or not voting at all.

Last edited by brokentulsa on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Check out this interesting article called "The Conservative Christian Case For Supporting Obama"

http://opinionstreams.com/blog/?p=65
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:41 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Check out this interesting article called "The Conservative Christian Case For Supporting Obama"

http://opinionstreams.com/blog/?p=65

…from 2008. I think the situation has changed since.
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Quote :

Yeah...the Gop wants us to vote for a member of a cult...Mormons. Laughing

Obama...not the best but not the worst either.
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:31 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

Yeah...the Gop wants us to vote for a member of a cult...Mormons. Laughing

Obama...not the best but not the worst either.

Zero possibility that I will vote for Romney, but SERIOUSLY?!? Soetoro?

Choices:
1. Mormon

2. Filthy, dog eating, ILLEGAL ALIEN, America hating Muslim.

I see no real difference in the two.
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Quote :
2. Filthy, dog eating, ILLEGAL ALIEN, America hating Muslim.

Can you prove he is a filthy dog eating muslim? Razz
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm pretty sure he bathes regularly... Razz
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:22 pm

LOL @ BrokenTulsa
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 am

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but there's relatively so little hue and cry over Canadian elections…
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:58 pm

I decided who I am voteing for. I am voteing obama..

I think the republicans want to turn things backwards and obama wants to go forward. I think all this conservatism is unconstitutional and bigoted. I think religion and government should be seperate.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:40 am

You think that driving homosexual marriage and abortion is unconstitutional? You think that driving the USA another $8 TRILLION in debt and to an economic collapse is constitutional? You think that driving off more industry and jobs so that even more people are on food stamps (1 out of 7 people now) and welfare is what this country was getting at with the Constitution? EXPANDING the already unconstitutional Patriot Act and getting things changed by executive order without getting a legal congressional vote is constitional?

Man, I'd hate to see where we're headed in the next 4 years when the Obamiation gets back in and he's no longer holding back for fear of not getting reelected.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:51 am

yeah.. when Obama has "more flexibility" ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:43 am

danielbandfan wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but there's relatively so little hue and cry over Canadian elections…

I don't know about anyone else, but I never really hear much about it. A Canadian friend posted on FB about PQ (or something like that) the other day, but I had no idea what he was talking about.
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Gee Chris..you must not read anything I have posted here or when I was on the cmr...If you did you would understand why I feel the way i do and what I believe both as an American, a Constitutionalists and my free grace theological views. Laughing

Quote :
You think that driving homosexual marriage and abortion is unconstitutional?

Personally i think Homosexuality is wrong but it is constitutional and states and federal law do not have the right to ban it. I have several homo friends and it doesn't bother me at all. They are Gods children and I do think Homosexuals can get to heaven. Anyone who believes, regardless of their lifestyle goes to heaven (free grace 101 Very Happy)...
I do not think the government should regulate morality. The Constitution says we all have the right to live as we want without repercussion...I think I said that earlier in this thread.
I do think abortion as birth control is wrong..but in the case of incest or rape..not so much. The supreme court however has ruled on it and what they rule is law! (Constitution 101)...Everyone should have the right to make their own decisions.

Quote :
You think that driving the USA another $8 TRILLION in debt and to an economic collapse is constitutional?

Actually the constitution says the government does have the right to spend whatever they want. The republicans voted yes on raising the debt limit and all presidents spend the heck out of the money to. I could care less how much they spend and I do not think it will cause a meltdown. Bad banking like giving people loans who couldn't afford it and charging all this money for atm usage and things like that and then not taxing the rich more is what destroys our economy and leads to collapse.

Quote :
You think that driving off more industry and jobs so that even more
people are on food stamps (1 out of 7 people now) and welfare is what
this country was getting at with the Constitution?

Companies have been leaving for years...long before Obama came along. No one buys American even when they have the chance...including republicans. American products cost ten times as much and the quality of stuff made over seas is usually better. American ceo's blame the American people saying we expect to much pay and benefits (typical rich republican thinking...hold the average guy down while they get richer) Anyone who thinks these company's will ever bring the jobs back under a republican president is either foolish, naive or just stupid. If anything its the rich greedy ceo's that are driving people to welfare.
Some jobs are just not needed and this "redneck" we have always done it this way thinking alot of people have is foolish. America has to roll with technologies and advancements and change our way of thinking to compete in this world and those not rolling forward will be left behind. I am excited to see our world changing and I like the newer ways. I think alot of what I was taught as a kid about God, country and the American dream was a lie!!

Quote :
EXPANDING the already unconstitutional Patriot Act and getting things
changed by executive order without getting a legal congressional vote is constitutional?

I don't see that Obama expanded the patriot act anywhere (enlighten me)...
All presidents use executive orders to change things without a vote of congress. (our current congress is worthless and wouldn't agree anyway and won't compromise...they would rather tow the party lines) It is 100% constitutional for the president to use executive orders as they please.

Quote :
Man, I'd hate to see where we're headed in the next 4 years when the
Obamiation gets back in and he's no longer holding back for fear of not
getting reelected.

I dont want Obamacare to go away...I don't want the rich to pay less taxes...I want them to pay more and I want the wars to stop. I don't want war with Syria or Iran unless they attack us first... I am not willing to fight in a war over there. (of course I read the end of the book and know that All will turn on Israel and WW3 is coming but i am convinced that I will be raptured before then...anyway Jesus said not to sweat it...so I don't) I think privatizing Social Security and medicare is horrible and doing away with Medicaid is worse. My republican Governor gives all illegals in Texas free college tuition while the democrats here tried to stop him. Razz Razz So much for the republicans "we will stop the illegals" ideas.
I am not pro Republican or democrat...I am pro constitution and to be honest I am voting for the person whose policy's are best for me and my wife! In the end its my four walls that matter and Obama seems to be the person who benefits my family situation the most.
Clinton's speech last night really helped us decide...I like him and think he spoke all truth.
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Most People need to actually look at and study the constitution...Religious Christians in general probably would not like what they find. (I thank God I was delivered from religion into true relationship) The constitution says we are not a Christian nation and never will be....we are a free nation to live by your own individual religious morality. God gives everyone the same right...to live and believe as they want. thats an awesome gift and i thank him and our forefathers for this right. I think America (especially religious America) has been living a lie for a long time...trying to force her ways on other country's and everyone trying to force their individual ways on each other....and when she can't she labels those who resist as terrorist, outlaws, immoral, rebellious " Filthy, dog eating, ILLEGAL ALIEN, America hating Muslim" or worse.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
blah, blah, blah MINDLESS LIBERAL JARGON blah, blah, blah

Thank you for boring us with your CNN talking points du jour.
I hate to be THIS rude, but your political analysis is the most incredibly stupid, asinine, ridiculous CROCK OF poop that I have ever read! (sorry for the language folks)

The people who have done well for themselves (rich) already pay nearly 50% income tax. How much more do you want? For those who use tax breaks and loopholes to lessen their tax burden, remember that it was your beloved CONgress that passed the laws that allow such activity.

Abortion because of rape or incest? Both of these things are horrible, but if God didn't want that child inside that womb, that little sperm would never have entered that egg. So we allow ourselves to be so egotistical as to second guess God's will and MURDER one of his children so that we can feel better about the aforementioned tragedy?

You know, we can argue about all these points for years and nothing will change, so I'll make this simple. As I type this, I have prayed for you and will continue to pray that someday God will show you the err in your thinking and allow you to come to your senses. I have a feeling that that will happen during the next four years of dictatorship and suffering.

Have a nice life...
Back to top Go down

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:07 pm

I did not disrespect you sabidoo...I merely stated my opinion. You are acting like a jerk and you are out of line. You say you prayed for me...after you called my views stupid and asnine and a crock of poop. Laughing You proved my point about how conservative religious people like yourself respond to those who don't see things your way.
We may disagree politically and theologically (I am not a conservative or a baptist and want no part of that...but I still call ya'll brothers in Christ) but I respect that you have views and rights and I don't walk all over them.
I will have a nice life regardless of what anyone thinks or what happens. God bless you man and have an awesome day!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:07 pm

I had several comments of some of the counter remark you made, but I am only going to address one. Because of this one remark, I don't feel that the rest of your statements qualify for a response.

Quote :
Most People need to actually look at and study the
constitution...Religious Christians in general probably would not like
what they find. (I thank God I was delivered from religion into true
relationship)

You are the one accusing those that disagree with you (both in this thread and several at the CMR before you left) of being "religious" and not having a "true relationship" with Christ. Be careful how you judge others, dude.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:29 pm

If any one was offended by my comments...sorry. that was not my intention. I am not judgeing any individual...only God can do that. I will however judge theological views. All of us should. I asked alldat to kill this thread. Politics and religion theology are hardcore issues that usually cause division...even among friends. I will move on now and keep things light on this forum when/if i post.
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think taxes are too high for everyone--especially the rich. If you tax them too much, do you think they are going to invest in the USA which creates jobs? Less capital to spend on expanding your business insures that more and more jobs go to China. We don't need higher taxes. What we need is a government who can learn to live off what they already take in. We also need to stop sending trillions of dollars in aid to countries that don't need it. We are in debt to China for over $14 trillion dollars. Yet last year alone, we sent them over $19 trillion in aid. Why are we giving them that money? Pay off our debt and let the Chinese worry about the Chinese. Why should we be helping a country with the highest rate of human rights violation, that uses slave labor in the factories making the goods we buy, and favors the child sex trade?

Don't make the rich or the poor pay more. Make Uncle Sam learn to spend responsibly. I say we take the whole lot of Washington butt-heads out and restart the Constitution.

QFT
Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/candidate-match-game

Play the game, compare your views.

Mine, incidentally, came up as 100% in line with Romney.
That being said, I'm not a Romney fan. Other than Ron Paul, he was the LEAST Conservative of all the choices we were given and he's flip-flopped his stance on several key issues.

HOWEVER, Obama is the most evil, anti-American, anti-God/Christian, destructive and dangerous choice we could have ever been presented with. That our nation has fallen so far out of God's favor to have allowed this anti-Christ to take over, rips my heart to shreds. That some call themselves Christian and still support anything this man does is frightening.

I dont think 'the rich' should pay more than their fair share. This petty class warfare that Obama has started in order to rip the nation apart is a lie.

I'll make it simple.

Example: Suppose I have $10 and you have $100. The tax rate [for everybody] is 10%. Out of my $10, I'm paying $1 in taxes. You're paying $10 in taxes. $10 is more than $1, so while the person with more money will still be 'better off' after paying their taxes, the fact remains that they still have paid a lot more in taxes. They've paid their 'fair share.'

Our system was set up to reward hard work and initiative. We should continue to encourage that, not punish people for success, in an effort to bring everyone down to the same level of misery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

election
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next