Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

election

Go down 
+6
Fundy
bassdude
Staybrite
sabidoo
unworthy
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

election Empty
PostSubject: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:49 am

It now appears that all the candidates are in place. Being a constitutionalist this will be a very hard election for me. I do not like the republican ticket at all. I just cant favor their ideas. The thing is I do kind of like some of obamas ideas. I say tax the heck out of the rich. I did not a favor the individual mandate in the obamacare bill but the rest of the bill really helped out the medical situation and healthcare for my wife. On the other hand , Obama has the worst immigration policy I have ever seen. What is difficult choice . Any thoughts.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:45 am

I think taxes are too high for everyone--especially the rich. If you tax them too much, do you think they are going to invest in the USA which creates jobs? Less capital to spend on expanding your business insures that more and more jobs go to China. We don't need higher taxes. What we need is a government who can learn to live off what they already take in. We also need to stop sending trillions of dollars in aid to countries that don't need it. We are in debt to China for over $14 trillion dollars. Yet last year alone, we sent them over $19 trillion in aid. Why are we giving them that money? Pay off our debt and let the Chinese worry about the Chinese. Why should we be helping a country with the highest rate of human rights violation, that uses slave labor in the factories making the goods we buy, and favors the child sex trade?

Don't make the rich or the poor pay more. Make Uncle Sam learn to spend responsibly. I say we take the whole lot of Washington butt-heads out and restart the Constitution.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 am

steal from the rich and give to the.. middle class? .... I didn't know that was part of living in a democracy...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:04 am

Also, we need to be cleaning out the welfare ranks as much as possible. It is not the place of the government to provide health care, food stamps, etc. to people who are ABLE to work. We need to find ways to get businesses here who will employ them. The more people that are working and contributing to the nation's coffers will empower us as a nation to get out of debt and stay out of debt. But, right now, our gov't. seems more like they want to buy votes with services rather than try to make America great again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:18 am

2012 election:

1. Barry Soetoro (Obama)
I can go on for days about why I would never vote for this piece of filth, but yall would be tired of reading by the 147th paragraph. NO CHANCE!!!!!

2. Mitt Romney
He is simply Obama, sans pigment.

Looks like the globalist have pretty well ended the American election process as there is NOBODY to vote for. I knew in 2008 that we may have had our last TRUE election and it seems I may have been right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:34 pm

I hate to say it but I feel like the dems and republicans have given us nothing but "dumb" and "dumber" to vote on for the last several presidential elections. My opinion is that both Obama and Romney suck (bad) and I don't want either of them as president. Problem is, if I throw my vote away on some third party candidate then Barry will be a shoe-in for a second term.

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Quote :
If you tax them too much, do you think they are going to invest in the
USA which creates jobs? Less capital to spend on expanding your
business insures that more and more jobs go to China.

Jobs are leaving anyway. Many CEO's have said even if they didn't have to pay any tax they still would not invest in America. Why...they say because the American workers are lazy and expect to much. There was a time when Americans worked hard for pay alone...no benefits. Most of our geandparents were part of that generation and some of our parents as well. Now people want tons of perks...lots of paid time off, Cadillac insurance, bonuses, clothing allowances, transportation, free daycare and the right to loaf at work and not have to take the blame for anything. Half the people at work are high or drunk. You get worthless service in stores and restaurants, and most sales people know nothing about the products they sell.

Quote :
We need to find ways to get businesses here who will employ them. The
more people that are working and contributing to the nation's coffers
will empower us as a nation to get out of debt and stay out of debt.

See comment above

Quote :
But, right now, our gov't. seems more like they want to buy votes with services rather than try to make America great again.

True, our government is horrible..both party's...but the majority of U.S. citizens (especially the younger ones) are just as worthless. The thing is us older generations raised them this way. We babied them and spoiled them and abused them and now look what we got.

Quote :
I didn't know that was part of living in a democracy

We don't live in a democracy anymore. We live in a nation of special interest groups and bribes. He who has the most money to bribe with wins. Our political party's are more interested in towing the party line than working for the people. How many times have you heard your own rep. say "I didn't like this bill and knew it was bad for the people but I voted for it anyway because the party told me to."

Quote :

Looks like the globalist have pretty well ended the American election process as there is NOBODY to vote for.
Twisted Evil

Quote :
I hate to say it but I feel like the dems and republicans have given us
nothing but "dumb" and "dumber" to vote on for the last several
presidential elections. My opinion is that both Obama and Romney suck
(bad) and I don't want either of them as president. Problem is, if I
throw my vote away on some third party candidate then Barry will be a
shoe-in for a second term.

I agree...the question is since we now use electoral votes instead of the peoples vote does it even matter anymore...and does it really matter who we vote for...no benefit to the American people will happen. As the last 4 years have shown congress is worthless.. I am considering the possibility of not voting this year at all. At least then I can say I voted for none of the canidates because they all have unconstitutional citizen damning ideology.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 pm

According to the IRS's own figures, the top 10% of earners already pay more than 60% of the taxes........in what universe would that be considered fair?

I say do away with the IRS entirely and do an across-the-board flat tax of 15%, regardless of income, whether from salaries, investments, corporate, or whatever. No death tax on inheritance, because that money has already been taxed and should be allowed to pass from one family member to another, or to a trust or charity.

Oh, and state and local taxes should not total more than an additional 10%, so that no one pays more than a maximum of 25% in total tax bills.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:30 am

It's a similar thing in the UK. The rich are taxed so much it's unfair, that's why a number of them live outside the UK. They get taxed 50%. If they earn £150,000 then they only see £75,000. Still bringing home £75,000 sounds a lot but when you consider half of your hard earned cash is going to a greedy government then it just seem rather unfair.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Now that I think about it, I tend to disagree with a lot of your thinking chris. Maybe the government wouldn't have to help out so many people if the church got off there tails and did their part.
A lot of the mentally ill need to be on government programs. also a lot of people are on government programs because they were forced there. A lot of people that are on welfare programs don't really want to be there. There's just not enough jobs anymore because all the rich ceo's sent them out of the country.
Maybe a flat tax would be good. maybe doing away with tax exempt status would be good... including churches.
everyone talks about we need to go back to the constitution. As a constitutionalist I have studied it. Under the constitution gay marriage should be legal. Under the constitution morality should not be a legal issue. We have no business legislating morality.. under the constitution the government can impose any amount of tax on anyone they want. Under the constitution no certain religion has any special rights over any other. That means if they wanna build a mosque in downtown new york and they have the money to build it then build it. That means if the kids in your local town want to have a satanic fun club it's their right. Under the constitution everyone has a right to say anything as hateful as they want in public without retribution. Now what do you think of your constitution? I like it. God doesn't force anything on anybody and people shouldn't either. God gives everyone the freedom to live as they want and so should man , and that's the idea behind the u s constitution.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:15 pm

I think a lot of negative thoughts regarding welfare come from what we see around us. I personally only know of three people on welfare....and all three seem like a bad idea, and in two of those cases the people are abusing the system. So just based on that I see the welfare system as being over used. Don't get me wrong, I still think we need a welfare system, I just think it needs to be more discriminate.

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:58 pm

True, some do abuse the system and that is hard to deal with. Some people abuse the church also...and that is hard to deal with also. I think a certain amount of abusing the system is just going to happen and is to be expected.
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Abuse of the system only happens because the people that are supposed to be watching for it don't care........because it's not their money that's being wasted.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am

I don't think we need a welfare system anymore... because I think it is the churches job (and nonprofits) to help... most of the government money that goes to welfare goes to pay salaries and operating costs.. far exceeding most reputable non-profits... it is a lot of money that is being sent down a drain... and doesn't help the people who need it and just enables the people who don't...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:34 am

One thing: RON PAUL 2012!

that, or move to Canada. apparently, Southern Ontario's pretty warm. Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 am

Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance. This election has already been decided long before the vote.

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 am

Not to mention that Ron Paul's foreign policy will get us all killed.
Back to top Go down

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 pm

This guy was my governor for eight, prosperous years. He's a real
person, not a politician. A guy who built a one man handyman business
into one of the largest contracting businesses in the state. I saw his
second inaugural speech live in Santa Fe, after he had been reelected in
a landslide as a Republican in a Democratic state. You want another
Ronald Reagan? Here he is.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 pm

The problem with Johnson is that he cannot win. At this point, a 3rd party candidate will just draw votes from Romney and give King Obama his second term and all he needs to finish wrecking the USA. When Obama is done, he will be a dictator in the U.S.S.A.

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 am

Alldat is exactly right, 3rd party candidates mean only one thing.......Dems win. Every time.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:36 am

I have two good friends who are obsesse with politics. I refuse to vote, or complain about it. I'm only posting this because it offers a view different from what eveyone else is saying and may help someone struggling with it.

Romans 13:1-7

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also [/size]for the sake of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.

And 1 Peter 2:13-14:

Be subject for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, 14 or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good.

This is why I don't vote, complain or generally care about politics. If we are to believe the Romans passage, Barack Obama is in office, not because he was voted in, but because God put him there. By complaining about Obama, or any other politician, in my mind we are complaining about what God has done in our country and lives.

I could be totally mistaken about this though...
Back to top Go down

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Sorry, I just don't think that Romney will be all that different from Obama, who is not all that different from Bush who was not all that different from Clinton... Et all... ad nauseum...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/glenn-hubbard-ben-bernanke_n_1820362.html
Back to top Go down

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 pm

I agree tt. This brings up the question.

Has obama done anything unconstitutional and if so what?
Why should we vote republican and how do you explain bush's unconstitutional patriot act?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 am

I was reading someone's blog who posted that Romney was his second to last choice for president.....his last choice for president was Obama.

Kind of sums up my feelings as well.

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:57 pm

ishmael81
Quote :
I have two good friends who are obsesse with politics. I refuse to vote,
or complain about it. I'm only posting this because it offers a view
different from what eveyone else is saying and may help someone
struggling with it.

I see your point...being in this world and not of this world and trusting God with my life and future does make me wonder if I should care about this election. God is my source...not man.

Here is another interpretation of the verse you listed..see what you think..
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/baldwin1.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

election Empty
PostSubject: Re: election   election I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

election
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next