Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
MikeInFla
Fundy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... Empty
PostSubject: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 am

Quote :

It looks like I’ll be able to start sending out mp3 files Saturday!!!!
On the song Desperate Night we are introducing our new singer Brian Miller.
it’s my hope that you will welcome him into the fold. As for Josh he has moved away
and that makes it next to impossible to do things like music videos, photo shoots, etc. We haven’t parted ways completely as he has agreed to do live performances when possible. He and I talk it over and he completely agrees that it the best way for Saint to continue producing CD’s. The good news is that he did most of the vocals on this project.

Rich

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:37 am

Majorly disappointing news but I thought something was up because Josh is no longer active on his website (2009 was the last update i think) and has dropped out of cyberspace. I'm glad they're goin on and he new stuff sounds awesome but I am just a bit disappointed. Strange thing about the whole thing is that I have seen that clip of Bryan before while I was searching for DragonForce. I had no idea at the time he'd be replacing Josh.

Doesn't mean Saint won't be as good, just different like Arnel in Journey or VH without Michael Anthony.

Bottom line: I can't wait for Desperate Night and I thank Saint for continuing to release great Christian metal.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 am

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 am

That's how it sometimes goes in bands, members leave and new members come.
for me Josh was the "voice" of Saint.

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

Go to 2:56 in this clip to hear Brian on vocals "Desperate Night" title track.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:54 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
That's how it sosmetimes goes in bands, members leave and new members come.
for me Josh was the "voice" of Saint.

I know what you mean. I feel a bit of sadness. Listen to the above sample around 3:44 or so Brian is a screamer like Josh. As I said before, to me, it is like VH without Michael Anthony. I like the new VH very much but it isn't the same without Mike on bass and especially backing vocals.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:04 am

I like Brian's voice. While I will miss Josh, I think Brian can add a new dynamic to this band and help them continue making great music. It won't be quite the same, but I think I can get used to it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:16 am

I think it will be great with Brian as vocalist. It'll be interesting to hear the next album, as his vocals with Saint seem to work briliantly.

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Can I ask something?
Is Josh doing the vocals on the new Saint album, or is this Josh?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:59 am

I am a bit bummed to hear that Josh will not be recording with the band, but that samples with Brian on vocals sound very very good. So I am optimistic about future Saint albums.

I does look like Josh is doing most of the vocals on the new Saint album.

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Brian sings one song on Desperate Night, Josh sings the rest.

Smile

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 am

You can hear the difference on the one song Brian sings. Actually, he is a stronger singer than is Josh. He has more of a Ronnie James Dio vibe to my ears.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Joe C

Joe C

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm

I think Brain has a more melodic style, a different harmony, but not stronger than Josh.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:21 pm

He holds his notes longer than Josh seems too. Josh seems to cut off quickly in a lot of places. Brian hits higher notes without kicking into a falsetto range. To me, those things make for a stronger singer.

Back to top Go down
Joe C

Joe C

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 pm

I think Brain is significantly younger than Josh. Josh did not seem to cut off quickly in the higher notes back in the 80's (Too Late for Living). But I do understand what you're saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Josh has always been somewhat separate, even while he was in the band. I don't claim to know why, but it's always been that way.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:25 am

I know Josh has moved all over the place in the last 25 years even working in a country band at one time. I used to email him from time to time but haven't heard from him in ages. He asked me one time if I'd be interested in an ebook on Saint and of course I said yes but lost contact with him shortly after that. He was also working on a writing about the Mormon church. His website hasn't been updated in over a year. I ordered an odds and end cd from his website I think it was called Beyond The Basement Tapes and it was hours upon hours of odds and ends. Saint band practices, guitar lessons, Nicholas audio, commercials and him playin in cover bands. I think in 99 when it came time for The Perfect Life he was just too far away to work with the band, much like John Perrine who is still around too and I think living in Illinois. I hope that even while he is away he can still contribute to the next Saint album in some form. However if he can't I'll still be a fan and will buy anything with Brian on it.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm on the fence. I love Josh's vocals but Brian sounds good too. Depends how the songs go, I guess.

Sometimes when a band changes singers, they get better. I like Tourniquet with Luke more than with Guy (probably in the minority...).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
....Sometimes when a band changes singers, they get better. I like Tourniquet with Luke more than with Guy (probably in the minority...).

I know some people won't agree about Tourniquet (I'm really on the fence about that one).
But I do agree some bands can actually improve with a new singer.

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:21 am

I have a good feeling about Brian as vocalist, as I think I prefer his voice to Josh's (not that Josh's is bad at all!!!) One thing I did notice was that Saint (Rich) found Brian and paid him to sing the song, so maybe Brian won't do any touring or such like, but only be there to record songs if the money is available? What do you reckon?

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Having the singer as a full band member versus just hiring the singer to sing on the bands albums could be good and bad.

Depending on what that "hired gun" is requiring for payment it could be very difficult for a band like Saint to perform live (or even record). However, if the singer isn't a Christian (which he may or may not be...I don't know) then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to make him a full member of a band with such an upfront Christian message.

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 am

Regarding Saint singers I read some totally bogus Saint news on a unofficial Saint video that looks like it would be from the Saint camp but it just somebody going rogue again and done so unprofessional it's embarrassing. It sounds like it's from the horses mouth but it's really coming out the other end. I believe loose cannon comes to mind.

Unless you hear it from Richard Lynch or saintsite.com the status of singer for Saint is Brian. He won't be playing guitar or singing back up for other singers he will be singing lead vocals.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:31 am

Wow Jerry I hate to hear that. A video? Not only is it misinformation it's just bad to do something line that. Believe me if Rich says something we know it's from the horses mouth. Rich is very good about keeping us up to date on the official site and on the forums.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am

Cool video that Josh made:

Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:35 am

as long as they keep putting out stellar music like Desperate Night.. I'm in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...   Josh Kramer Leaving Saint... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Josh Kramer Leaving Saint...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next