Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 Empty
PostSubject: Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2   Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:36 pm

Has anyone heard this?

Is it worth the $13-15 for me to buy it?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2   Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:29 am

I've never heard it, but that's not surprising as I'm not really a fan of live albums.  I have (or had) their Live '05 album, but didn't really like it.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5322
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2   Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm with Staybrite on that one.  I have their Live '05 album, and whilst I thought it was great, I really don't have much time for live albums so I never bother buying many.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2   Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:41 am

Live '05 is OK, not great. And consider it features the actual musicians from Saint. Then consider this solo release of Saint songs only has Josh and no Saint members so it probably isn't as good as Live 05 (which was played a few times and never again, but I need to dig it out). Maybe to get an idea of how it sounds, listen to Live 05 on Spotify, it is on there. 

From NoLifeTilMetal:

This is an unusual disc in that it is basically Saint live, but it isn't really Saint. Basically Josh Kramer flew out to Germany to perform with members of other bands filling in for missing Saint members. The rest of the band was comprised of members of Ivory Knight and Adorned Grave drummer Stefan Lang. The album was recorded on October 22, 2005, at the Headbanger¹s Night festival in Nanzdietschweiler, Germany. This is basically the equivalent of a bootleg made by fans for fans. The only reason it is not a bootleg is because it was officially released with Josh Kramer's permission and therfore it is not illegal. The sound quality here isn't terrible, but isn't exactly top quality either. One major annoyance for me is that there are spaces between each of the songs, almost like a cheap CDR bootleg you might trade for. To me this is just worst part of this CD. Otherwise, the perfmance is fairly tight and Josh sounds good. This is 100% live, so there are the minor issues like rim shots, voices tweaking, etc., but to me that only adds to the oveall live sound. The set list is also quite good with songs spanning Saint's entire catalog, minus the abysmal "Perfect Life". Personally, of the two almost simultaneously released live albums I prefer the "Live 05".
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2   Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 pm

By the way is this CD even still available? I used to see it on the Josh Kramer website but it hasn't been updated in around 5 years. I order Live 05 from his site and the also sent a bonus disc with Nicolas audio (which I haven't played yet) and it had TONS of outtakes and other Saint practice sessions and some Josh solo stuff. Kind of a strange disc but pretty cool. It's all mp3's and there are hours upon hours of listening on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2   Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 5:52 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
By the way is this CD even still available? I used to see it on the Josh Kramer website but it hasn't been updated in around 5 years. I order Live 05 from his site and the also sent a bonus disc with Nicolas audio (which I haven't played yet) and it had TONS of outtakes and other Saint practice sessions and some Josh solo stuff. Kind of a strange disc but pretty cool. It's all mp3's and there are hours upon hours of listening on it.

I found a web site that still had it, Nordic Mission

I decided not to buy it. I already have Live '05
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2   Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Josh Kramer of Saint Live in Germany: Headbangers Night 2
Page 1 of 1