Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cornerstone.

Go down 
+3
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 am

Cornerstone announced to stop with the festivals.
I never could make it to go to Cornerstone.
Maybe you have been there and will tell us how that was.
What made Cornerstone so cool?
I'm interested to read all you have to tell me over Cornerstone.
The bands ... maybe you have met members of bands and had a good talk with?
Other things that made Cornerstone unforgettable for you.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:16 am

I have never been and will never get to go. Sad Sad Sad

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:32 am

You are not the only in this Sad Sad
I only have seen what others told about Cornerstone and what a great bands played there.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I've never been to Cornerstone, but I go to Ichthus Festival almost every year. It's pretty much the same as Cornerstone, but not quite as big. DEFINITELY a great experience!
Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 am

I went in '96, '97 and 2003...Hot, dirty, high prices for a bottle of water but I wouldn't trade it for anything...got to meet SF59, Chris Colbert, Andy Prickett, Mikee from Sometime Sunday, the guys from Cush, the Curious Fools and many more...saw Poor Old Lu, the Prayer Chain, Bride, Blackball/Precious Death, the violet burning, Elder, Fluffy/Duraluxe, Common Children, Mike Knott, the Choir, Lost Dogs, Rocketboy, SF59, Steve Taylor (x3), 7 Day Jesus, Sometime Sunday, Twin Sister, PFR, DA, 77's, Rez, Hoi Polloi, Dime Store Prophets, Black Eyed Sceva/Model Engine, the Call, Adam Again, Spy Glass Blue, Bloomsday at the Purple Leopard Lounge (hosted by chain smoking Wayne Everett lol ), and so many I can't remember,,,every artist we hung with were cool, grateful to be there and were having a ball...we all got a candle in 2003 for some reason I can't remember (at the Mainstage reunion)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Great icon_red, this are the stories I love to read.
Was Cornerstone a festival with Christian bands and seculier bands?
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 pm

I went for the full fest from '91 through '02, then went one day, usually Saturday until '06. Saw lots of great bands, especially in those earlier years, Believer, The Crucified, P.O.D, Whitecross, Mastedon (awesome show), Living Sacrifice(too many times to count), Bride, Guardian(Fire and Love era), Crimson Thorn, ..........

I saw a lot of changes in the fest over the years, some good, some bad, sorry to see it go, but I can understand why they're shutting it down. I have some opinions as to why it's not successful anymore, but I'll keep them to myself for now.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:16 am

Lucky you bassdude to see Mastedon live.
I've seen Whitecross twice.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:47 am

I got to go in 2006. Fun experience. LOTS of CD's for sale.
Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 am

RadRockers had an awesome tent of cds and tapes...I will revel in my Cstone memories...All the bands were Christian bands or Christians in a band (ie: The Call was there)
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:35 am

icon_red wrote:
RadRockers had an awesome tent of cds and tapes...I will revel in my Cstone memories...All the bands were Christian bands or Christians in a band (ie: The Call was there)

I always came home with a big haul of new music from Radrockers every year.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 pm

bassdude wrote:
icon_red wrote:

I always came home with a big haul of new music from Radrockers every year.

Radrockers was always at Ichthus festival too! I'd always go home with a slew of new music as well.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:24 pm

The one year I did go, I spent close to 500 bucks on CD's. I came very close to not having any gas money for the trip home because I was going crazy. Thankfully, common sense got the better of me.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Welcome joker to CHM.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Joker wrote:
The one year I did go, I spent close to 500 bucks on CD's. I came very close to not having any gas money for the trip home because I was going crazy. Thankfully, common sense got the better of me.

That sounds exactly like something I would have done. Laughing

Cornerstone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone.   Cornerstone. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cornerstone.
Page 1 of 1