Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!

Go down 
+3
kethdredd
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:28 am

The blues rock band Cornerstone is making a comeback. It has been 10 years since they released "Jesus Rides Harley Too". After a couple of years off, they have regrouped and are continuing to take their blues metal sound several steps higher. They are returning this year with a new CD and new name: Stonefuze. The new disc will be on CM/Rivel Records.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=137485710

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:42 am

The music is a killer.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:51 pm

I like the music, not so big on the vocals...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:51 pm

I like the vocal style with this music. But, it makes is VERY hard to understand the vocals at first.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Maybe that is because they have an accent?
True some vocalists are hard to understand.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Loving this, having just discovered the band last year it all sounds new to me.
I wonder why the name change though?

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:36 pm

Sweet! His vox don't bother me at all. Not too hard to make it to me.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Quote :
I wonder why the name change though?

I would guess it's mostly because of the confusion the band name gives. You say "Cornerstone" in the USA, and we assume you're talking about a festival.

Back to top Go down
GODSWIZARD
Play It LOUD!!!

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:09 am

lol!

I just posted about this over on the CMR. Twisted Evil

I said (as I can remember it) that this was great to hear--I liked their sound--and thanks for turning me onto them Chris. Twisted Evil

I'd listened to the songs on the MySpace and when the new STONEFUZE came out.........

Whoosh.......in the vault it goes.

I also said that i'd gone off looking for their earlier releases as CORNERSTONE and i'd only been able to find JESUS Rides Harley Too. Crying or Very sad However, that i'd bought it and it was on the way to meeeeee. cheers

I think that was all I said in my CMR post. scratch

Let me just add this. Twisted Evil

I love Islam.

KISS
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 pm

GODSWIZARD wrote:
lol!

I also said that i'd gone off looking for their earlier releases as CORNERSTONE and i'd only been able to find JESUS Rides Harley Too. Crying or Very sad However, that i'd bought it and it was on the way to meeeeee. cheers

I sent you a p.m. (at the CMR) about how you can get your hands on a copy of their first album "Dust". Not sure if it would be "heavy" enough for you though.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:06 am

I would love it to read the lyrics of the songs available on their MySpace page.
You have to listen and listen again to this songs.
But ohhh the music is cool ... so cool.
The music is a bit to loud to understand the voice of the vocalist.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 3:41 pm

The first album of Stonefuze will be released on June 20th 2008.
Back to top Go down
GODSWIZARD
Play It LOUD!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Quote :
The first album of Stonefuze will be released on June 20th 2008.

Whoosh.....in the vault it goes.

2. Staybrite said:

Quote :
I sent you a p.m. (at the CMR) about how you can get your hands on a copy of their first album "Dust". Not sure if it would be "heavy" enough for you though.

First off, because of Staybrite's PM I was able to get ahold of Dust. Twisted Evil Second, it was plenty "heavy" for me. Twisted Evil I liked it a lot. cheers

3. I now have Dust and JESUS Rides Harley and......they both slay. Twisted Evil There is a lot of blues on Dust, but it is nice, and honestly.....it is less blues than I had thought it was before I heard it. Dust has a lot of just fine hard rock on it. Twisted Evil Both albums have a nice sound to them and the "vibe" and music from them both is cool. Cool Love the guitar tone in them both. cheers

KISS
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:34 am

Now you'll have to track down their CD "Flying Gasoline", GW.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:00 am

I have all of their "Cornerstone" albums, and personally I like Flying Gasoline the best I think. Great bluesy-rock album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:44 pm

I like the sound of "Jesus Rides Harley Too" the best. But, for the lyrics and overall feel, I like "Dust" and "Flying Gasoline".

It will be interesting to hear the new Stonefuze and see where they are at lyrically. Musically, they sound much closer to the "Jesus Rides Harley Too" disc.

Back to top Go down
GODSWIZARD
Play It LOUD!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Alldat said:

Quote :
Now you'll have to track down their CD "Flying Gasoline", GW.

My eyes are open. Shocked

Just......not that far. Evil or Very Mad

KISS
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 1:29 pm

GODSWIZARD wrote:
First off, because of Staybrite's PM I was able to get ahold of Dust. Twisted Evil Second, it was plenty "heavy" for me. Twisted Evil I liked it a lot. cheers

Cool, glad to hear it, always a little leary when I recommend an album to someone. I feel bad if they don't like it.

For some reason I haven't been able to track down a copy of "Flying Gasoline" yet. But it is definately on my list along with the new release (which should be out now, anyone have it?).

PostSubject: Re: Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!   Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cornerstone returns as Stonefuze!!!!
Page 1 of 1