Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joshua Perahia news.

Go down 
+5
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
Timshell64
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Alldat just out of curiosity what was yours numbered?
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Got mine today!!! Man, that first track comes out and its like I've come home. It's way too early to give my overall thoughts on this album, but so far, it is awesome!!!

BTW, my CD is numbered #44.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Timshell64 wrote:
Alldat just out of curiosity what was yours numbered?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Cool I am excited to get mine !!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I am really diggin' the songs "Divine Intervention" and "Miracles". Good stuff!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Divine Intervention, Blood on the Nile, Miracles, Promises and Sing Hallelujah would be my favorites. I tend to like the more melodic stuff than the blues-based stuff. I like the whole album, but those five songs above are my clear favorites.
Back to top Go down
heath777

heath777

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:28 pm

You guys here and over at the CMR are saying such great things about this I decided to take the plunge and buy it. Can't wait to hear it!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 pm

You're gonna love it. Clearly one of my top 5 for the year.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 am

I hope there's one left for me to order today.
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:55 am

I got mine Yesterday!! His version of sing hallejuh I really love. There are some great cuts on this cd!! I was wondering the singer Mark Boals has allot of stuff out as well. Does anyone know if he is a believer or was he just a hired gun on this cd!!

God bless and have a good one!!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:49 am

Funny you mention that...I just listened to the album again, and I came back to this thread to say how much I love "Sing Hallelujah"! I was wrong - Joshua does sort of let loose on this track. The lead guitar on this song is amazing, but not just its technical proficiency. It makes the song soar to the point of giving me chills when I hear it. I think that's my favorite song on the record now. "Divine Intervention" is easily #2, followed by Promises and Blood On The Nile.

Great, great record!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Mark Boals is on this record? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Yes he did the vocals!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:28 pm

What is joshua's heaviest album?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:48 am

Heaviest? Probably "Intense Defense" (which is comparable to Winger or Ken Tamplin's solo work) and "Chapter One" (which has a Whitesnake/Red Sea groove to it).

Back to top Go down
SethMorgan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Team Joshua appreciates your interest in the album, and we are offering the Collectors Edition CD (jewel case), a very special arrangement with bonus items (handsigned and numbered, bonus tracks, gift card and guitar pick used by Joshua). We are not planning any downloads for the moment, for this album took many years and is truly Joshua's best work yet. Orders are being taken at Joshua's personal website only. We thank you for your understanding and support.

SethM
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 am

Welcome SethMorgan to CHM.
I think many CHM members have ordered "Resurrection" of Joshua.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 am

The album is great. But, even with the goodies, the price is too high. I think Joshua will sell more when he puts out the non-collector's version with a more stripped down price tag.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:34 am

I have the same thoughts about this album,.
It's a bit expensive.
Back to top Go down
SethMorgan

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:38 am

We have been receiving wonderful comments on the album, and we hope more people will appreciate the added-value of the Collectors Edition. With it being personally handsigned and numbered by Joshua, with two additional never-before-released bonus tracks, a beautiful gift card with a guitar pick, a 12-page booklet covered with fabulous artwork, not to mention the incredible music from start to finish, we feel $21.95 is a deal.

Seth
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 am

I understand Seth the extras are cool and all. I purchased it and i have to say it is the most I have spent on a cd ever. It is an awesome cd the music is right up my alley. But times are tough as you know economically. So it is hard for people to shell out that kind of dough for a non neccessity. Also some people are not into autographs and such. It places people on a pedestal so to speak and causes pride to develope, which I would not want for anyone.

His music is awesome and it stands on its own without any of the extra's. I know you have already invested in this and this is the route you have to go. But for future reference, trust in the music and not all the xtras and that way the cost is lower and people will be more likely to grab it up!! joshua's reputation alone will sale the music!!

God Bless you and tell Mr. Perahia thanks for such an awesome disc. I has been is constant play at my house!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
SethMorgan

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Yes, Sir. Thanks much, and Joshua sincerely appreciates your thoughtful message and the support you have given him.

Seth
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:26 am

SethMorgan

You are very welcome Brother!!! I am glad my 2 cents of info amounted to something lol!!

Be Blessed
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:36 am

Listening again to "Resurrection".
The more I listen to this CD the more I like it.
This CD will end in my top 5 of CDs of the year.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm late as usual but I now have Resurrection and it is awesome. Makes me wonder about Boals singing these lyrics, what are his beliefs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia news.   Joshua Perahia news. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joshua Perahia news.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next