Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
rich71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album Empty
PostSubject: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 6:31 pm

If I recall correctly there aren't many Joshua fans here but for the ones who do. Have any of you heard the 2 songs he posted from the new album. If I remember corrected this is a re-record. He mentioned that he wanted to fix it up and re-release it. The 2 songs sound great. Best songs I've heard in awhile. If the whole album is like the 2 songs he posted this album is going to be great imho.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 6:34 pm

I don't have the album (because he was selling it for more than I was willing to pay when it was new), but I was under the impression that it was all new (or at least mostly new) songs.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 8:40 pm

I love his music!  He is a little on the volatile side, though.  He kicked me off his FB page because we had a minor disagreement.  He was angry about something in the news and was being insulting towards a group of people that slips my memory at the moment.  I asked him if Jesus would have slammed people in such a derogatory way.  He sent me a fiery private message on Facebook and then kicked me off his page.  For a long time I was blocked and couldn't even see his page.  I see that this has changed.  I thought it was rather sad that he couldn't take criticism when I was just trying to get him to dial it back a bit.  I wasn't the only one who saw what he was doing and how it could hurt people.

Anyway, "Resurrection" has been out now for a couple of years.  It was a new album and I thought Joshua was happy with how it sounded.  I was!  I thought he was re-recording parts of "Intense Defense" after he finally won his rights to the masters from MCA.  I don't know if he ever finished it or not.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 10:08 pm

He went postal on Stryper not so long ago...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 8:28 am

He's had issues with them for a long time and has threatened to write an expose' about them in their old L.A. days.  He will blast you if you confront him to forgive and just let it go.  It is one of those areas where you either have to ignore that or ignore his music.  That's just what is.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

I hope it is "Intense Defense" that will be rereleased.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 12:44 am

It was a mistake on my part. Its Intense Defense that he's going to fix and remaster and rerelease.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 7:54 am

Joshua and I have made peace.  He has studio time booked and musicians lined up to fix "Intense Defense" but did not know how to finance it.  All this will cost around $10,000.  So, I suggested that he look into Kickstarter or PledgeMusic or GoFundMe.  He may try it to get this out.  I'd love for him to raise enough to fix this record and record a new one, too.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 8:39 am

That's good Joshua and you have peace now.
That's a lot of money to redo "Intense Defense".
It's my favorite Joshua album.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 am

From what I've heard of the album Resurrection is my favorite. World at War and Blood on the nile are great songs
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 1:43 pm

rich71 wrote:
From what I've heard of the album Resurrection is my favorite. World at War and Blood on the nile are great songs

We almost agree on this one.  My favorite release of Joshua's is "Chapter One".  While not as lyrically bold as "Resurrection", it has that cool Whitesnake sound.  So, it wins for me.  "Something to Say" would rank higher because of that same style, but they re-recorded too many songs from "Chapter One" and did not do them as well.  So, it goes to the bottom.

Of what I have, I would rank them like this:

Chapter One
Resurrection
Intense Defense
Surrender
Something to Say

I should probably get "Hand Is Quicker Than The Eye" just because I don't have it.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 5:02 pm

Surrender all the way for me. I love that record! Resurrection would be #2 on my list.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Josh did lay it on heavy a few months ago when Mikes Blabbermouths interview with Mike was posted. He had a lot to say about Mike saying he was a christain in a rock band and that Stryper was a christain band but a rock band made of of christains. Almost everyone that commented on the thread agreed with Joshs critizism. I also agreed to a point. He also said he had backstage information on Stryper that painted them as not the innocent band that the claim. At a certain point it got so heated that I got uncomfortable with what was being said and I stop commenting. He doesn't do it as much but at one point it did feel. like he's. Mike was.getting obessessive. with his promotion of merc. I don't know how you can justify saying we need the cash to take care of thier familied because sales are low then post about thier Aruba vacations cars being bought and showinh off there big houses.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:00 am

I've had my own issue with him... To me he comes across as jealous of Stryper's success... period... 

I appreciate and enjoy his music, but as a person... not so much...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album   Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joshua Perahia The New Resurrection Album
Page 1 of 1