Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Kutless single.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New Kutless single. Empty
PostSubject: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:41 pm

new Kutless single.

Check out the link to listen to the new Kutless single "Carry Me To The Cross".
Do you like it?
Are you a bit disappointed about this new single?
Tell it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:03 pm

It's a bit mellower than I usually listen too, but it's not bad at all. I'm gonna need to hear more songs from the album before I could commit to buy it.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Now I hope there's only one mellow song on this CD.
I hope the other songs really rock.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:39 am

I can't blame them for releasing this type of song as a single. Most Christian stations don't play that much hard rock, and Kutless has had great success with mellower tunes on WAY-FM, The Fish, and KLove. I am not going to pass judgement on this until there are more clips closer to their release date.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:43 am

Maybe this kind of song sell better than hard rock songs.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 am

Most Christian radio stations are aimed at people in their 30s and 40s who buy the goods or service they advertise. So, most people don't dig the heavier stuff, so the stations ignore it and play the pop side of most rock bands. Moms appreciate it, and the kids at least get to hear SOMETHING from some of their favorite rock bands.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:33 pm

The one (and only) Christian music station we have here in western Washington state specifically claims to play "stuff that wont upset your mother". So 99.9% of the stuff they play is pop or watered down CCM. Sadly they also play on a top 40 format....which means you hear the same 40 songs over and over and over again.

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:08 pm

I think the new single is a great song, and I love Kutless' music whether it is mellow or harder. If you ever listen to their live CD, it is really pretty telling about who they are and what their ministry is all about. I don't listen to exclusively heavy music, so I find them a great ministry band to support as well as musically diverse enough to hold my attention for more than one or two albums.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:16 pm

I just got through listening to clips of the new album. If you are looking for a return to the heavy side of Kutless, then keep on looking. Although this is an album full of original tunes, this new project is going to have more in common with their worship discs. Of course, if my worship music out sold my rock records, then I would probably be tempted to slide that direction musically--which is exactly what Kutless seemed to do on the new project. There are 12 new songs, and only 2 of them would really be considered "rockers". This definitely completes the transformation of Kutless into a top 40 pop band.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Ah bummer. Crying or Very sad

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I just got through listening to clips of the new album. If you are looking for a return to the heavy side of Kutless, then keep on looking. Although this is an album full of original tunes, this new project is going to have more in common with their worship discs. Of course, if my worship music out sold my rock records, then I would probably be tempted to slide that direction musically--which is exactly what Kutless seemed to do on the new project. There are 12 new songs, and only 2 of them would really be considered "rockers". This definitely completes the transformation of Kutless into a top 40 pop band.

I think I'm starting to accept the fact we will probably never see a return to their heavier side, just like I've already accepted Pillar will never go back to their rap/rock style from Fireproof. But I think I'm ok with it now that I've had time to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:45 pm

I don't want to see the rap/rock side of Pillar ever again. I kind of like where they are now.

As to Kutless, though, they could easily change their name to Cut Less as they don't have that modern rock edge anymore.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 am

So no rock songs from Kutless anymore.?
I wonder if thet change of music style is better to sell albums, or it's a personal choice of the band?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Kutless single.   New Kutless single. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Kutless single.
Page 1 of 1