Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

john Schlitt - The Greater Cause

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

john Schlitt - The Greater Cause Empty
PostSubject: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:24 am

I am listening to the new project by Petra frontman John Schlitt. Man, I've got to say that John sounds as good as ever! He might be getting older, but he still has the voice for rock. The new songs seem like a mix between his better songs from his first two solo projects and Petra's "Wake Up Call". I wouldn't call this metal, but it does rock. Fans of the Schlitt era of Petra will definitely love this.

You can get the download now for $10 if you pledge to the project. Although his Kickstarter program is officially over, you can PayPal or mail your pledges in and still get the Kickstarter rewards. This way, if you want the MP3s of the album, you don't have to wait. However, there is no cover artwork with the download. I made my own for now from a poster John had in his pics on Facebook.

Here's the track list:

1. Live It Loud
2. Take Me Home
3. Love Won't Leave Me Alone
4. One Of These Days
5. Faith & Freedom
6. End Of Fear
7. Where I Want To Be
8. Hope That Saves The World
9. Run
10. The Gift
11. The Cross Remains

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:28 am

hafta give that a listen. While being a bigger fan of Volz, I still like the heart of Schlitt (and the dude does know how to rock!!)
Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 pm

I sent $$$ thru Paypal and didn't get the download. I have access to tgc site, but Sue said only the Kickstarted folks get the download. The samples ound good.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm

I certainly wouldn't expect a "metal album" from Schlitt. I will probably give it a listen when it is avalible to the greater public. But I had copies of both his first two albums that I ended up trading away.

icon_red wrote:
I sent $$$ thru Paypal and didn't get the download. I have access to tgc site, but Sue said only the Kickstarted folks get the download. The samples ound good.

Hey that stinks.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:16 pm

icon-red, maybe you have to contact John Schlitt about this.
It's not cool to pay for the download and never get them.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:27 pm

icon_red wrote:

That's not right. I did my payment through Paypal, not Kickstarter, and I got the download.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
icon_red

icon_red

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:56 pm

I guess I chose the wrong payment option I was supposed to have paid another $...whoops...my fault I can't type apparentlyalayalay lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 am

I'd email Sue, see what you need to do, and get that download.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:57 am

You only can order the MP3s of this album?
When you don't gave $$$ via the Kickstarter you have to e-mail/contact John Schlitt to get the downloads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: john Schlitt - The Greater Cause   john Schlitt - The Greater Cause I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

john Schlitt - The Greater Cause
Page 1 of 1