Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newsboys - God is Not Dead

Go down 
+2
Driven
silentthunder89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Newsboys - God is Not Dead Empty
PostSubject: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:02 pm

So Newsboys just put up the pre-orders for the new album a short time ago and it turns out it's going to be a worship album. Some of them are recognizable, some aren't covered very often, and others are originals. Here's the tracklisting:

Quote :

1. The King is Coming
2. God's Not Dead (Like A Lion)
3. Your Love Never Fails
4. Here We Stand
5. Savior of the World
6. Forever Reign
7. More Than Enough
8. Revelation Song
9. Pouring It Out
10. Mighty To Save
11. All The Way
12. I Am Second

Here's the link where you can either pre-order the album or just listen to samples (click on the cd only tab)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Mighty to Save? Didn't they already do that on Born Again?
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Mighty to Save? Didn't they already do that on Born Again?

Yep. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 pm

From what I understand, "Mighty To Save" was totally re-recorded for this project.

I listened to the clips, and it sounds almost as drab as the new MercyMe project.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:56 pm

WANTED: Creativity
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

ALSO WANTED: rock bands to do rock records....worship bands do worship records. The two can mix, but only if they do this all the time. I Christian rock/pop group should stick to what they do best and leave the worship to people who that best.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Here here !
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I agree. I don't mind a worship song on a rock record, or vice versa, BUT I dislike a worship record from a rock band.

Adoration and Devotion are old albums, right? So I guess they wanted a third one.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Why do rock bands do worship albums? Because they are cheap to throw together and helps a band fulfill contractual obligations with your label. It also give the band time to write for another project. Also, it brings in revenue that can be used to record that next original project.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Unless this just blows my sox off, I am going to pass. For the most part I just don't dig these "worship projects".

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Oh, I like the Kutless ones and even the Seventh Day Slumber one. However, I would have much rather had NEW tunes than just rehashed worship music.

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Here's the title track off the new album (featuring Kevin Max):

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

nice background music, but kinda boring

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:35 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I agree. I'm just not into modern worship music.

Classic hymns, on the other hand, are great!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I agree. I'm just not into modern worship music.

Classic hymns, on the other hand, are great!

In 100 years, a lot of what you call "modern worship music" will be considered classic hymns. The hymn book we use at church already has songs like "You Are My All In All" and even "Awesome God" in it. Those came out in the early 80's, and they are already considered "hymns" by the church.

I actually like this version of this song, but I do hope there is more than just this to offer on this disc.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:54 pm

I loved born again, I'll be interested to hear how all the songs come out on God Is Not Dead. Although based on that one song I think I'll pass.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - God is Not Dead   Newsboys - God is Not Dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newsboys - God is Not Dead
Page 1 of 1