Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)

Go down 
+4
ChosenOne
Staybrite
alldatndensum
silentthunder89
8 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) Empty
PostSubject: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:53 pm

So here's the first single from Newsboys with Michael Tait on lead vocals. I must say, Im liking this a lot more than I expected. Now that I've actually heard the two put together, it sound like a pretty good fit.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 pm

It sounds even more generic to me than the Newsboys were getting on their own. Their last couple of projects have just not been what they once were. After hearing this, I am even more convinced that the Newsboys are finished without Furler. Maybe it's time to put this one on mothballs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Not to completely show my ignorance, but wasn't M. Tait one of the guys in DC Talk?

At this point are than any original members even in Newsboys (not that there has to be, just wondering).

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 am

Yes Michael Tait was a member of DC Talk. As far as original members I don't think so. I know that Jody Davis (guitar) came back to the Newsboys. I believe he was in the Shine era of newsboys. He was also a member of the old arena rock band JAG. If I remember right Peter was the last orignal member.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:58 am

I'm a fan of the original Newsboys - from the second I heard "Simple Man" on KLRD in 1990. There are no original members anymore and therefore are no longer Newsboys. The new band is good, they're just not the original band... in fact the original band =

• John James - lead vocals
  • Sean Taylor - bass guitar
  • Peter Furler - drums
  • Phil Yates - guitar
  • George Perdikis - guitar, vocals

changed with each album until just Peter Furler was left.
I lost interest in the band and their lack of creativity around the Thrive album period.
I saw the originals in concert about 5 times.
I was way devastated to hear of John James difficulties with falling into the world of drugs, alcohol and other stuff. But I'm inspired that he's repented and has a lot of Believers around him now helping and lifting him up in prayer as we should do when a brother falls.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I was way devastated to hear of John James difficulties with falling into the world of drugs, alcohol and other stuff. But I'm inspired that he's repented and has a lot of Believers around him now helping and lifting him up in prayer as we should do when a brother falls.
Wonder if that was the same guy I saw on one of those MTV dating shows who said he used to be in a Christian band called Newsboys? He was all about women and booze in the show.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 pm

I absolutely LOVE Tait's voice, and I think he's a perfect fit here. He's one of the few that could have filled Furler's shoes. (In fact, I think he's better as a vocalist. Time will tell if he's as good a songwriter, though I suspect he is.)
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:49 pm

I wonder if the album he was working on, Loveology, will see the light of day through newsboys?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:52 pm

I have to confess to never really being a Newsboys fan, a little to "pop" for my tastes.
My wife wanted me to download the single "Born Again" for. But I noticed it was only $7.99 for the entire album (at amazon), so I talked her into just downloading the whole thing.
I listened to the whole album and I have to say I was rather impressed. I have to say this rocks better than most of the Newsboys music I remember hearing in the before. With the exception of a few very "pop" sounding songs, I would say this is a pretty decent rock record.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
There are no original members anymore and therefore are no longer Newsboys.

So, Petra wasn't Petra after 1994? After all, once Bob Hartman stepped away, there were no more original members.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Quote :
So, Petra wasn't Petra after 1994? After all, once Bob Hartman stepped away, there were no more original members.

To a lot of people, no. For us Schlitt fans, it was very much still Petra--albeit weaker without Bob.

I have the new Newsboys CD. I must say that my opinion has turned full circle. Tait & the boys bring the goods. I still think, from hearing some of the older songs at Winterjam, that Tait will struggle with the older material. However, the new stuff shows that these old dogs still have some old tricks.

I apologize for judging prior to hearing this CD in full.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:48 am

I agree with Staybrite in that this seems catchier than their older stuff (not that I've listened a lot to that)

As for Petra, I thought that God Fixation was Petra at it's weakest, but didn't Bob write some of those songs anyway?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:15 pm

I think at that time that Petra was John's band totally with no Bob influence. Had Bob not come back, that would have been the death blow to Petra.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:51 pm

In my opinion, Petra was at their best with Greg X Volz. I've never cared much for John's vox (although Beyond Belief is one of fav albums)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:37 am

Back to the boyz - stumbled on this one yesterday and was really touched by it (course my wife's been trying to tell me for years that I'm "touched")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)   Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newsboys - Glorious (with Tait on vocals)
Page 1 of 1