Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"

Go down 
+7
nazpastor
rockerVu2
Driven
Follower of Jesus
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Dynamis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:31 am

Matt has told me this CD will be available on CD-Baby too.
It's to bad I can't order the CD on Amazon or e-Bay.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy

Cliffy

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:13 am

It's a great album...I was happy to have handled the remastering for it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Who would you recommend it to, Cliffy? (bands)
Back to top Go down
Cliffy

Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:50 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Who would you recommend it to, Cliffy? (bands)

Musically it's the chording and flair of early Queensryche combined with the edge of the first couple Skid Row albums. Vocally it's equal parts Michael Sweet, Dale Thompson and Mark Slaughter.

It's worth owning.

Last edited by Cliffy on Tue May 31, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:52 pm

All right. This is going into my collection. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 pm

I've listened to it once already, and it's awesome! These guys should have been huge! I don't care for track 12, though. But, since there are 13 tracks, one out of 13 being yucky-icky-blech ain't bad!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 am

Bummer I have to wait till I can order Broken Slilence on CD-Baby.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:50 pm

I got this, based strictly on the word-of-mouth that has been buzzing around this supposed masterpiece. Well, I have to say, I don't see (well, hear) what the big deal is. There are MANY other bands that sound way better than this. I'm not doubting their heart, and I understand all of them are still in the ministry in one form or another. I'm strictly speaking of the music and vocals, not lifestyles or lyrics, both of which seem impeccable.

To me, the vocalist is trying too hard and is out of his range for much of this record. I grimaced at several points listening to this. The drums sound like tin cans. They are weak. Had this album had those over-produced big drums of the 80's, it has some potential. The guitar and bass playing are solid, but are unfortunately victims of the vocals and drums in my opinion.

I'll give it a few more tries before it gets put away; but at this point, I don't see it hanging on in my CD player very long. I'm bummed. After the way everyone has gushed about this band, I was expecting something much better.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy

Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:05 pm

Drums definitely have better tone in some songs than in others...the guitar and bass tones are consistently strong throughout the record. I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to your complaints about the vocalist...I do not hear what you're hearing at all.

Not at all.

later...Cliffy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:17 pm

FOJ, I am sorry that you just don't enjoy it. However, for me, I am enjoying this enough that it is definitely going to be in my top 10 for 2011. I think the vocalist is great, and knowing that this was an indie release (i.e. full length demo), the drum levels aren't really an issue for me. The songwriting is great, the leads are more than adequate, the rhythm section is tight, and they have a strong voice carrying the project. That's what my ears hear.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"   Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Silence - "Discerning The Times"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2