Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how do you like your albums broken down?

Go down 
+6
Guilty/Forgiven
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Fundy
Bsax
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bsax

Bsax

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-06-25

how do you like your albums broken down? Empty
PostSubject: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:18 pm

I've been listening to a bunch of CDs lately, where there are some great hard and fast tunes on the album, but only a few easy-going tunes/ballads. It seems to me that a lot of the stuff being putting out these days especially CHM stuff is mostly made up of hardcore tunes that are more up-tempo. Personally I love ballads or even mid tempo tunes but I'm wondering if maybe a lot of other people aren't as big on them? that would explain why a lot of CDs contain few lol

I guess it depends on mood too, sometimes I need a good up-tempo song to get me pumped for something or put me in a happy mood and I always listen to ballads for a relaxing effect.

What do you like to see on your CDs mostly slow? mostly fast? equal amounts?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:21 pm

For me a 10 track album should have 1 or 2 ballads in them, but the rest should be hard rockin' metal thumping tunes. A well placed ballad can really make an album though!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I like the up-tempo rocking tunes, but I really like the mid-tempo and ballad tunes too. It's great to have variety in the tempo, or else the album seems really "samey" (if you get my drift).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:19 am

I like a little variety myself. I love the rocked out tunes, but I think a CD need some mid-tempo stuff and a couple of ballads to really add some flavor. However, if there are too many ballads, I feel cheated. I can hear slower songs on CCM radio all the time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:35 am

I would normally say I like variety; but invariably, the heaviest and faster songs on any given record are usually my favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:17 am

Quote :
"samey"

Question Rolling Eyes
Suspect Laughing
From "Staybrite's Unabridged Dictionary"
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I like a little variety myself. I love the rocked out tunes, but I think a CD need some mid-tempo stuff and a couple of ballads to really add some flavor. However, if there are too many ballads, I feel cheated. I can hear slower songs on CCM radio all the time.

Don't be talkin' about Way FM like that!!! Just teasin'. You can say whatever you want about them. Boy, have they not changed over the years. I think they are still playing the same songs they did back in the beginning.

For Christian albums, everything was 10 songs with song 5 and either 9 or 10 as a ballad. Everything was always predictable. Now days, at least since music changed in the late 90's to the modern rock, nu metal, metal core and beyond, the type of cd someone puts out has changed as well for the most part. There are so many praise albums out now too, which most of those are somewhat slower than the bands normal stuff (i.e. new Seventh Day Slumber album -- nothing wrong with it), as praise songs normally are. That is where a lot of bands decide to do slower stuff, though still upbeat.

I like a good ballad too, key word being good. If the tempo is just slow to make the song a ballad, there has to be something to it. Petra was always good at it. Red seems to do a decent job with it, especially using the DD cover on the new album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:03 pm

For me, I like albums that have an overall...consistency is the word I'll use (I'm not sure how else to put it). In my opinion, Angelica's "Walkin' In Faith" is a good example of what I mean.

I don't like for albums to be varied, from song to song: one song is heavy metal, one song is AOR, one song is bluesy, etc... At the moment, I can't give an example of an album that's like that, but I'm just not a big fan of variety, from song to song...

Ballads? I'm picky about those... For the most part, if the music or lyrics come across to me as being sad or depressing, I don't want it; throw it out. In the Christian hard rock/metal world, I could give a number of examples of ballads I don't like, but...I'm rather certain my dislikes would cause an upset!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
"samey"

Question Rolling Eyes
Suspect Laughing
From "Staybrite's Unabridged Dictionary"

As much as I would love to claim "authorship", I'm sure I saw/heard someone esle use the word first.
geek

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:42 am

I don't buy a whole lot of modern rock albums anymore but when I do I like them 9 hard songs and one ballad. The main reason I've gotten turned off to so many modern rock bands is they don't follow my formula. Kutless comes immediately to mind. With hair bands and thrash bands I always like a ballad or two. My hardcore albums needn't have any.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 am

I'm opposite of FoJ. I like the variety but usually the mid-paced and sometimes slow-paced songs are my favorites on metal albums at least. For modern rock it's a tossup.

silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:19 pm

I agree with Fundy. I like most of the tunes to be fast and upbeat, but a well placed ballad or two really makes the album. For example: Disciple: Southern Hospitality. All the songs but the last couple were hard and rockin'. But even one of those slower songs (Lay My Burdens) had more guitar and drums than the average ballad. You can do a ballad and it still be hard and rockin' if done properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you like your albums broken down?   how do you like your albums broken down? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you like your albums broken down?
Page 1 of 1