Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Old Vinyl

Go down 
+10
unworthy
Ahlitah
Ascension
topshot rhit
Staybrite
Hardkore
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Driven
Guilty/Forgiven
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:55 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Nice HardKore !  I have the first 2 vinyls, but not the 3rd yet (is that "The Reckoning" ?)
Yes ,that is The Reckoning.

I almost also picked up Margaret's vinyl for Simple House. That was until I saw how much they wanted for Shipping. What I would really like to find tho' is the one for Immigrant's Daughter.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 am

I have Immigrant's on mp3 only and I have Simple House on CD. Simple House was the first song I ever heard by her on the radio. Have always loved it. Most songs on the album are great. I just love her vox - she occasionally gets this Nancy Wilson of Heart thing going which can give me chills.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:26 am

Latest scores:

Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 New_lp10

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Ooh, love that Trytan.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:50 am

yeh, that Trytan wasn't cheap ! The other 2 were 4 bucks a piece, the Trytan was 20 bucks.... but OH so worth it  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:25 am

Isn't that 911-Time Will Tell, kind of like a White Heart/Petra almost AOR kind of band?  I don't think I have ever heard their music

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 am

Yep, quite AOR... not one of my favorite albums, but at 4 bucks I couldn't pass it up.

You might dig "The Way", it's from 1972 and sounds pretty cool. Kind of jangly rock, a little psychedelia, tastes of the America, Eagles sound. Kind of an acquired taste, you hafta go back in time to enjoy it. From what I've read, their albums are pretty rare. I have both of them on vinyl now.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Never heard of 911 curious to hear their stuff. Speaking of vinyl I need to check eBay for a cheap vinyl copy of On Rock by DB.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:33 pm

I scored DB's On Rock on vinyl for less than 10 bucks. Just stay vigilant and wait for the right price.  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 4:48 pm

I ditched all but a handful of my vinyl in the early 90's, but I started collecting again around 2005 and I've got it all back and a LOT more...

Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 31

Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 32
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I scored DB's On Rock on vinyl for less than 10 bucks. Just stay vigilant and wait for the right price.  Thumbs Up

If I can, I will find all the DB albums on vinyl. Like I've said before, I'm restricting myself to thrift shop/pawn shop/garage sale deals for vinyl. I wouldn't go out of my way (ie: online) to find a record, but if it comes to me, I'll take it.

I only have 4 DB albums to go, though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Nice collection TrogDawn ! 

What would you say your most valued album is ?  Either financially or rare-factor... or both ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Nice collection TrogDawn ! 

What would you say your most valued album is ?  Either financially or rare-factor... or both ?

Hmm...that's a tough question as I have a LOT of rarities in the collection, but I'd have to say

OWEN MARSHALL - Owen Marshall as Captain Puff in 'The Naked Truth' (still in original shrinkwrap)

The above is probably the most valuable item in the collection. It's an album of Jazz/Funk fusion that I only bought in order to sell.
A friend works at a second hand store and this came in. He was going to list it on eBay, but his boss wouldn't allow it. He told me
he had it and asked if I wanted to grab it as an investment. He paid $1000 for it and was selling it for $1500 (yes, it's that rare).
He was able to get me a smoking deal on a sale day and gave me a 50% off coupon to use, so I got it for $750. I've only tried to
sell it once so far on eBay at a reserve price of $1000, but the closest I got was an $800 bid.  I haven't listed it again, but at this
point, I'd be happy to just get back my original investment or maybe a little more.  Highest price copy sold on eBay listed at Popsike.com
went for $1575 in 2011, but it seems to be coming down quire a bit in price since then:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=OWEN+MARSHALL&incldescr=&sortord=ddate&thumbs=&currsel=

But how about a few highlights off the top of my head? (remember, these are all VINYL):

ARKANGEL - Warrior (2 copies, Joyeuse Gard & Star Song pressings)
BANG - Bang (2 copies, original pressings on Capitol)
BANG - Mother/Bow to the King (original pressing on Capitol)
BANG - Music (original pressing on Capitol)
THE BEATLES - White Album (with four 8x10 photos & fold out poster)
BLACK SABBATH - (at least 70 pieces of vinyl from the Ozzy years: catalogue, compilations & bootlegs)
ALICE COOPER - Love it to Death (uncensored "penisthumb" cover)
ALICE COOPER - Killer (with fold out calender cover)
ALICE COOPER - School's Out (with fold out desk cover & blue panties)
ALICE COOPER - Billion Dollar Babies (with pic sleeve, billion dollar bill & cards)
ALICE COOPER - Muscle of Love (with pic sleeve and book cover)
KEMPER CRABB - The Vigil (2 copies, Joyeuse Gard & Star Song pressings)
DEATH ROW - Death Is Alive: 1981-1985 (independent pressing given to me by Victor Griffin)
DIAMOND HEAD - White Album/Lightning to the Nations (original pressing with autographed plain white cover on Happy Face label)
KISS - Kiss (original 9 song pressing on blue Casablanca label - "Kissin' Time" was added for the second pressing)
KISS - Alive! (2 copies on blue & tan Casablanca labels with booklet)
KISS - The Originals (with pic sleeves, booklet, cards & Kiss Army sticker)
KISS - Rock and Roll Over (with pic sleeve, stickers & order form)
KISS - Love Gun (with pic sleeve, pop gun & order form)
KISS - Alive II (with pic sleeves, tattoos, booklet & order form) 
KISS - The Originals II (Japanese release with pic sleeves, booklet & Japanese lyric insert - missing cutout masks)
KISS - Double Platinum (with platinum record award & order form) 
KISS - Gene Simmons (with pic sleeve, puzzle poster & order form) 
KISS - Ace Frehley (with pic sleeve, puzzle poster & order form) 
KISS - Peter Criss (with pic sleeve, puzzle poster, credit insert & order form) 
KISS - Paul Stanley (with pic sleeve, puzzle poster & order form) 
KISS - Dynasty (with fold out poster & order form) 
KISS - Unmasked (with fold out poster & order form) 
LED ZEPPELIN - In Through the Out Door (all 6 different covers with water activated pic sleeves unused, all still in paper bag outer wrappers)
PENTAGRAM - Pentagram [later titled Psalm 9] (original pressing on Pentagram Records - very rare)
PENTAGRAM - Day of Reckoning (original pressing on Napalm Records - very rare)
PENTAGRAM - Be Forewarned (original pressing on Peaceville - very rare and probably my second most expensive purchase)
QUIET RIOT - Quiet Riot I (Japanese pressing on Columbia)
QUIET RIOT - Quiet Riot II (Japanese pressing on Columbia)
SAINT VITUS - V (original pressing on Hellhound)
SAINT VITUS - C.O.D. (original pressing on Hellhound)
THIN LIZZY - Thin Lizzy (2 copies with different cover art, original pressings on Decca & London labels)
THIN LIZZY - Shades of a Blue Orphanage (original pressing on Decca)
THIN LIZZY - Vagabonds of the Western World (original pressing on Decca)
TROUBLE - Trouble [later titled Psalm 9] (original pressing on Metal Blade, white vinyl)
TROUBLE - Run to the Light (original pressing on Metal Blade)
TROUBLE - Trouble (1990 album on Def American, rare)
TROUBLE - Manic Frustration (1991 album on Def American, rare)
VELVET UNDERGROUND - The Velvet Underground & Nico (banana cover with sticker only partially removed, very rare)

Just to name a few...  What a Face 

I also have a lot of really cool and well packaged, brand new 180 gram releases by bands like:

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, CLUTCHOM, ORCHID, SHEAVY SLEEP

But the three records from my original collection that I have not recovered and still miss:

THE BEATLES - White Album (with four 8x10 photos & fold out poster, Japanese pressing on white vinyl)
BLACK SABBATH - Sabotage (on WB, signed by Ozzy when I met him in 1991)
METALLICA - Kill 'em All (on Megaforce, signed by entire band when I met them in 1983...including Cliff)

Last edited by trogdawn on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:34 pm

trogdawn wrote:

METALLICA - Kill 'em All (on Megaforce, signed by entire band when I met them in 1983...including Cliff)

Shocked Wow, signed by the whole band including Cliff!!!  Don't get rid if that one unless you get a pretty penny for it.  Several 'Tallica fans would give their left arm for that.

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
trogdawn wrote:

Shocked Wow, signed by the whole band including Cliff!!!  Don't get rid if that one unless you get a pretty penny for it.  Several 'Tallica fans would give their left arm for that.

Too late...I got rid of it back in 1991  pale 
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 am

Bummer, I was never much of a fan, but that is a great collector's item.  I hope someone still has it and it isn't in a landfill somewhere.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:56 am

I saw the Kiss reissues this weekend. 45.99 each. Rediculous! No extra of any kind just paying Gene and Paul way too much money for these. I guess some fans will buy tho regardless of price. I thought the Zep remasters at 22.99 was a fair price for vinyl. Looks like I won't be buying any Kiss.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 10:12 am

I prefer originals with all their classic LP sounds and character. I don't have the money or even the desire to collect reissues on the 180 gram vinyl and stuff.... The only new vinyl I buy are albums that are new and coming out now, or once in a blue moon I'll buy a reissue of an album I could never find an original of (or at least find an original I could afford)
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I prefer originals with all their classic LP sounds and character. I don't have the money or even the desire to collect reissues on the 180 gram vinyl and stuff.... The only new vinyl I buy are albums that are new and coming out now, or once in a blue moon I'll buy a reissue of an album I could never find an original of (or at least find an original I could afford)

The new reissues I have been buying at The Beatles, Zeppelin and Hendrix. Mainly because those are so old and played so much it is hard to find a decent copy for a cheap price. So I went with the new remasters and all of them sound really good. I try to buy used when I can. Recently picked up Band Of Gypsys on red vinyl (2008 version) new for 17.99. All the used ones were going for $15 and I kept getting outbid so I just paid the extra 2-3 dollars and got it new.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Nice. It's so cool that they're re-releasing so many great albums. I'm a bit of a nostalgic nut though, which is why I prefer to have the originals, pops, clicks and all.

We're unfortunately facing a possible change of careers in August and I am unable to buy any albums for a while. At least until this whole thing pans out.
Prior to this news, I had purchased a few albums, and in today's mail came:

Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 Barni10
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:35 pm

You know what I think about that vinyl. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Just got these two bad boys recently...

Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 DSC00761_zpscae29f45

In case you are not too familiar with Justus...

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Nice!  
I have seen the cover of the Justus album at a few places on the web but don't think I have ever seen it for sale.

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Can’t believe it has been over 6 years since this thread has been around. I can say that since then I got Strypers Even the devil believes on red vinyl.

Staybrite and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 3:08 pm

I've slowed way back on vinyl purchases but just pre-ordered 2 albums. Dennis DeYoung's new one and the new Styx album (on clear vinyl). Both come out next month so it will be like getting 2 new Styx albums. 

Last month I was in Walmart and saw Bing Crosby's Merry Christmas on white vinyl. I scanned it and it said $11. So then I scanned Frank Sinatra's Christmas album on red vinyl. Also $11 so I grabbed them both.

So it appears I haven't slowed down but these are the most I have bought in a couple of years. 

Then later in the day I was looking at the Walmart website and it had Metallica's "And Justice For All" for $17. I love that album! So I went back to get it (green vinyl, double LP) and it was $27 but by that point I made up my mind that I was getting it. Went back to the Walmart website and discovered the $17 one was a previous black vinyl pressing, not the latest colored Walmart reissues.

So maybe I haven't slowed down?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Vinyl   Good Old Vinyl - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Old Vinyl
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next