Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? Empty
PostSubject: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2007 - 10:09

I've been listening to the latest installment of Barlow Girl's ongoing musical career. What I was expecting to hear was some pop rock with a lot of punk overtones and tight female vocal harmonies. But, this CD is more than a bit different.

Barlow Girl is depending upon the keys a lot more this time around. Several of the songs have that Evanescence vibe without sounding like a total rip off of them. There are several mid-tempo songs that start off with the keys and build into a rocker in the chorus. There are a couple of songs that sound like they should have been on their debut CD. And, lastly, there is one jazz tune. Yes--you read that right--jazz.

So, this disc is a lot more diverse than their previous two efforts, but yet this still sounds very much like the same band. Both musically and lyrically, Barlow Girl have grown as artists and seem to want to stretch their boundaries.

On the first couple of listens, though, I just didn't seem to get into this. But, after repeated spins, this is one great CD.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2007 - 10:49

I really dig BG. I think them and Superchic have a great msg for teen girls (and guys) regarding doing the right thing and a msg of choosing holiness directed towards teens. It's one thing to preach that, but I feel they have such a sincerity in their lyrics and interviews.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2007 - 14:40

Well, at least my daughter will be happy.
geek

--

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2007 - 16:59

Sounds like your daughter would have a heyday with over half of my CDs. The remainder, you'd love.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2007 - 19:13

alldatndensum wrote:
Sounds like your daughter would have a heyday with over half of my CDs. The remainder, you'd love.

That sounds about right.
Now when will you and the missus be out of town again. I've got a huge pile of polka cds I need to unload.
lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2007 - 22:08

Um--I'm never leaving the house again. Never. NEVER!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I really need to lay off the caffeine!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul 2007 - 7:52

Listened to the new CD of Barlow Girl yesterday.
The first listen was mellow.
So I have to listen again.

Polka CDs lol!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Aug 2007 - 0:42

Wow, just listened to the new BG... great stuff ! There's definitely an Evanescence influence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?   Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barlow girl - How Can We Be Silent?
Page 1 of 1