Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Elefante solo albums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

John Elefante solo albums Empty
PostSubject: John Elefante solo albums   John Elefante solo albums I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Are the three John Elefante solo releases - "Windows Of Heaven" (1995), "Corridors" (1997) and "Defying Gravity" (1999) - worth getting? If so, which of the three are recommended? Also, how do they compare to the three Mastedon albums from a musical standpoint?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5334
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: John Elefante solo albums   John Elefante solo albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 am

They're all pretty good, but I think "Defying Gravity" is John's best solo album. The songs seem to be stronger and better written. All three albums are similar in many ways to Mastedon, but they are less of hard rock and more straight forward rock. I'm not really a fan of just rock, but I have listened to Defying Gravity many times of the years. The solo albums are more vocal focused and it works quite well.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: John Elefante solo albums   John Elefante solo albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:01 pm

I had both "Defying Gravity" and "Corridors" for a little while (a very little while). The music is much more "adult contemporary" sounding, and does not "rock" well at all. Good vocals, but for me it was like listening to Twila Paris or Amy Grant or something......it just didn't rock at all like the first 2 Mastedon albums (it doesn't even rock as well as the few songs I have heard from Mastedon 3)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: John Elefante solo albums   John Elefante solo albums I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:58 pm

I have to agree with Staybrite. I would only add these to your coolection if you are a hardcore fan of John's singing. His solo discs are just too mellow. Even the new Mastedon disc is more mellow than I was expecting. It's okay, but nowhere near as good as the first two discs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: John Elefante solo albums   John Elefante solo albums I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 am

Sometimes when bands as Mastedon who released two very cool CDs start to work on a new album after so many years.
It can be very disappointing, the gusy are older and have an other view about music than they had when Mastedon released their two CDs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Elefante solo albums   John Elefante solo albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Elefante solo albums
Page 1 of 1