Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Albums you'd like to see re-recorded

Go down 
+7
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
Staybrite
elsid
Dreams
Static Fuse
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Albums you'd like to see re-recorded Empty
PostSubject: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:48 am

Who's a fan of re-recording albums here?

I understand if people don't like the idea... there is a certain nostalgia attached to music, and sometimes you just don't want to mess with that.

But I do like it... I love Saint's "Warriors" re-recording... but I don't like Whitecross's "1987" or Twisted Sister's "Still Hungry." I like Stryper's updated version of "In God We Trust." I don't like X-Sinner's "Fire It Up" (mostly because this was NOT re-recorded -- they just added stuff to the existing recording)... and I absolutely LOVE the Rev Seven re-recordings.

I guess I don't feel any particular way across the board, it just depends on the particular album.

Anyway, for those of you who do like re-recorded stuff, what would you like to see re-recorded? Here are some I'd like to see:

Bride: Kinetic Faith (heck, even the band hates the guitar sound on this album! Dale has told me it will never happen though)

Apostle & Steel Armada (wasn't there some talk of a remaster or something? Would be cool to have them totally redone)

Stryken: First Strike (this had some great songs, but the production is really rough)

Tempest: Eye of the Storm (another that will probably never happen, but would be cool)
Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:13 pm

One that immediately comes to mind is Trytan's Silentyger. Also two demos I would just love to see re-recorded and expanded are Paradox's Power & Glory and Ruler. I've played those releases to death...good stuff.

Some others I'd like to see re-recorded:

-First Strike - Rock Of Offense
-Recon - Behind Enemy Lines
-Sacrament - Testimony Of Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Static Fuse wrote:

I understand if people don't like the idea... there is a certain nostalgia attached to music, and sometimes you just don't want to mess with that.

But I do like it... I love Saint's "Warriors" re-recording... but I don't like Whitecross's "1987" or Twisted Sister's "Still Hungry." I like Stryper's updated version of "In God We Trust." I don't like X-Sinner's "Fire It Up" (mostly because this was NOT re-recorded -- they just added stuff to the existing recording)... and I absolutely LOVE the Rev Seven re-recordings.

I guess I don't feel any particular way across the board, it just depends on the particular album.

Anyway, for those of you who do like re-recorded stuff, what would you like to see re-recorded? Here are some I'd like to see:

Bride: Kinetic Faith (heck, even the band hates the guitar sound on this album! Dale has told me it will never happen though)

Apostle & Steel Armada (wasn't there some talk of a remaster or something? Would be cool to have them totally redone)

Stryken: First Strike (this had some great songs, but the production is really rough)

Tempest: Eye of the Storm (another that will probably never happen, but would be cool)

Didn't the Stryken get re-done or was it just a re-release?

The Bride stuff is tough, since BMI is blocking them on so much stuff.

Last edited by elsid on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Quote :

The Bride stuff is tough, since EMI is blocking them on so much stuff.

Stryken was remastered by Rex Carroll and re-released in 2006. Very cool reissue (heck, they even thanked me in the liner notes!). But I'd like to hear it rerecorded entirely.

I never knew that about Bride. Can you elaborate?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:47 pm

I liked both the Saint and Whitecross re-recordings.

Any of the old "Soldier" material. I loved their two songs on the California Metal comp, but the demos of their follow-up material where unlistenable (for me at least) just because of the production/recording (the guitar tone was horrible). I'm not a stickler for production but I actually gave up that album because of the terrible sound.

I agree that the Tempest stuff would be really cool too.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:35 pm

Re-record is an excellent way to get the attention of the people for the older bands who most released their albums on cassettes.
I'm curious how the Apostle stuff sounds when they are mastered and so.
I hope the A.N.D. CDs are ever re-released.
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Static Fuse wrote:
Quote :

The Bride stuff is tough, since BMI is blocking them on so much stuff.

Stryken was remastered by Rex Carroll and re-released in 2006. Very cool reissue (heck, they even thanked me in the liner notes!). But I'd like to hear it rerecorded entirely.

I never knew that about Bride. Can you elaborate?

All that I heard was from Dale a little while back now, was that he wanted to re-work the stuff on the older albums, even including the cover of God Gave Rock & Roll To You that they did with D.O.C. He said that he owns the writing credits to everything, but BMI won't pay royalties on the same music, since it isn't new, even though they would collect it. He said it is very frustrating.

It has been a while since I have talked to him. I will have to see if I can dig a little more to find out.

I know a lot of their stuff is SESAC as well, so I am not sure if they are doing the same thing or not to them.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:22 pm

I'd love to hear "Kinetic Faith" redone from the ground up. With better guitar tones, I think you'd find that this project had a lot more in common with "Snakes" than most fans realize.

I'd like to see both of my first two discs redone from the ground up. Both of those could have been so much better if I had known more about what I was doing with home recording.

I'd like to hear Guardian's "First Watch" completely redone and have Jamie doing vocals. I don't care for their first singer at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Soldier's album
Crystavox - s/t
Love Life - Goodbye Lady Jane
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:

Love Life - Goodbye Lady Jane

I'll second that suggestion. Thumbs Up

alldatndensum wrote:

I'd like to hear Guardian's "First Watch" completely redone and have Jamie doing vocals. I don't care for their first singer at all.

That's a really cool idea too. Twisted Evil

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Holy Danger - One Way

That's just begging to be re-recorded.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:18 am

I think Guardian was floating the idea around one time of at least recording some songs off of "First Watch" with Jamie on vocals.

As far as Tempest, Mick Rowe has been posting at the CMR. He is working on re-mixing the album 'Eye of the Storm" for a 20th anniversary thing. Looks like he is going to put them on I-tunes for now. Don't know if he will put it on cd or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: uit   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Static Fuse wrote:

I think that would be cool, too. Matt Harding is quite the neo-classical ripper!

God's Blessings!
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Sacred Warrior - Obsessions
I love the music to Sacred Warrior's final album but felt the production could been stronger (at least the guitar tones).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm not really a fan of rerecording albums, but there are some, Soldier for instance, that could really probably use it. I never had any problems with most of those named here though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you'd like to see re-recorded   Albums you'd like to see re-recorded I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you'd like to see re-recorded
Page 1 of 1