Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! Empty
PostSubject: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:05 pm

I got this from a blog Skillet posted on their myspace:

Quote :

GREETINGS!
This is Ben, I hope everyone is doing well and had a great holiday season! I had an amazing one. Worked loads at my studio but still had some good R and R time.
Im sure lots of you are wondering what the heck is going on with Skillet and a new record, well here's the scoop! We are now in Los Angeles, CA for the next couple months officially starting on the project. We found a producer we feel will help us make the record we are wanting to so we can now begin. It's been crazy the last couple of months not really knowing what we are doing, its been nice having the time off from shows but at the same time, we're all anxious to get started on things.

The last few days we spent at home rehearsing the new music so that this week we can play them for the producer and he can tell us to make them better. haha : /
Like I said, we are in LA now an its absolutely beautiful here! I think its extra nice here because we came from the Chicago area where there was about 3 feet of snow with below zero temperatures. I'm fine to leave home for a while. haha

I'm going to try to keep you guys posted with more blogs while we are here, so you can kinda glimpse into the every day life we're living, expect more podcasts as well!

Yesterday we arrived at our condos and got settled in. Walked to a nice coffee shop/diner then did some grocery shopping. I ruled at a card game, then lost horribly. We all got bored being in so went to Target on La Brea Ave which is right next to Sunset Blvd and Melrose Ave. Very cool area. I think it was the busiest Target I've ever been to.
We finished the night off with coffee and the 24 premiere. Im not sure that we all finished it tho. i definitely DIDNT. Only barely made it through the first one then crashed.

Ok, enough play by play. Keep checking back, I promise more exciting things to entertain you!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:09 am

Good to hear they are recording again.
I hope the new album is in the same vein as the last one (or at least very close).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:51 am

I'd prefer for them to back it up a CD and go more agressive like on "Collide". I like "Comatose", but it makes them pretty much sound like what everyone else is doing. That extra edge really made their music shine.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:07 pm

They are working with Howard Benson who has produced POD among others. I look for them to keep thier sound in the Comatose/Collide area. While Collide was a much heavier album, Comatose had more rock appeal to radio and such. Hey they could go a completley different route thou. John Cooper has a love for 80's glam metal and listend to bands like Barren Cross,Guardian Stryper, Petra. What do ya think, a Skillet glam metal album. While that would sound cool, won't happen. Maybe Justin can recruit John for a future Liberty n Justice album. Either way this band still rocks. I hope the rumored Skillet/Disciple tour happens. Count me among the many who will go and have thier faces rocked off
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Quote :
Count me among the many who will go and have thier faces rocked off

Haha yeah, count me in too!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:51 pm

alldat wrote:

I'd prefer for them to back it up a CD and go more agressive like on "Collide". I like "Comatose", but it makes them pretty much sound like what everyone else is doing. That extra edge really made their music shine.

See I was ok with the music on "Collide" (for the most part). But the singer sounded like he was straining way past his ability for that album (really I thought he was gonna blow an o-ring or something).
I like his vocals much better on the "Comatose" album. I also thought the female vocals on a few tracks added some much needed variety as well.

silentthunder89 wrote:
Quote :
Count me among the many who will go and have thier faces rocked off

Haha yeah, count me in too!

Count me in three!
lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:27 pm

Quote :
See I was ok with the music on "Collide" (for the most part). But the singer sounded like he was straining way past his ability for that album (really I thought he was gonna blow an o-ring or something).
I like his vocals much better on the "Comatose" album. I also thought the female vocals on a few tracks added some much needed variety as well.

I agree that the female vox added a deeper dimension to the vocals. I do hope they stick with that. But, I fail to really hear a difference in John's voice on either of those two projects.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:47 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I agree that the female vox added a deeper dimension to the vocals. I do hope they stick with that. But, I fail to really hear a difference in John's voice on either of those two projects.

Hmm, maybe I just got used to him or something...... oh well.
Still like Comatose wayyyyyyyy better than Collide.
geek

silentthunder89

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Another dimension I have a feeling they'll utilize is the new drummer's voice. After hearing her sing a verse in a song on the Comatose Comes Alive DVD, she has a BEAUTIFUL voice. A reason why John's voice sounded like he had less growl on the Comatose cd is because they took some of the raspiness out in the studio. He said during a concert that he was born with a natural raspiness to his voice, so when he sings it sounds a lot rougher than a normal voice. I think he was happy with the results so he'll most likely do the same on this next album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:46 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
A reason why John's voice sounded like he had less growl on the Comatose cd is because they took some of the raspiness out in the studio. He said during a concert that he was born with a natural raspiness to his voice, so when he sings it sounds a lot rougher than a normal voice. I think he was happy with the results so he'll most likely do the same on this next album.

Well that would certainly explain it. Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!   FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FINALLY!!! New Skillet Record!
Page 1 of 1