Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buy My Record

Go down 
+4
Follower of Jesus
Driven
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Oh man this is just such a fantastic song! Definitely one of the jewels from the Premium Cuts compilation.

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Yes it is and I was so dissapointed when the new album didn't sound like this.

My brother had this, i'd love to get my hands on these three songs.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 am

This feels so much like it came from Deliverance - What A Joke.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:27 am

Redeemed Fool wrote:
Yes it is and I was so dissapointed when the new album didn't sound like this.

My brother had this, i'd love to get my hands on these three songs.

I can hook you up, bro. PM me your email and I'll send them to you. 

Premium Cuts was almost worthless beyond the new Neon Cross tracks that were on it. Most of the other songs were released on other records, and the one that wasn't (PK's song at the end) was wretched IMO.

Those NC tunes remain among my favorites, and I, too, was crushed when Torn didn't sound anything like the songs on Premium Cuts.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:54 am

This is an awsome Neon Cross song.

Question.

Was this song only released on Premium Cuts Compilation?
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:22 am

FOJ, thanks but Amazon has if to a penny so i'm probably going to pick it up.

Vonnie, the NC songs are only on this release.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm fortunate in that I got the Torn album before the Premium Cuts compilation, so I really like them both.

Yes, the only place you can buy those 3 Neon Cross tracks is on the Premium Cuts album, and FOJ is correct, with the exception of that 1 P.K. Mitchell track all the rest of the songs are on other albums (Barren Cross etc.)

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:45 pm

I didn't know Neon Cross recorded more than one album. I only have the self-titled cassette.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Driven wrote:
I didn't know Neon Cross recorded more than one album. I only have the self-titled cassette.

Do yourself a favor and keep it that way. Their second album "Torn" was nothing like the first one in terms of its style. It was still heavy metal, I guess, but otherwise quite different from their s/t album, which was stellar.

Redeemed Fool wrote:
FOJ, thanks but Amazon has if to a penny so i'm probably going to pick it up.

No sweat. I thought you had it back in the day, so I didn't mind hooking you up. But if you never got a copy, then yeah, I agree, pick 'em up legally.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 4:50 pm

I have "Torn" too.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 4:54 pm

The Premium Cuts compilation is a CD with songs of Barren Cross, Neon Cross red Sea and P.K. Mitchell.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:03 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
The Premium Cuts compilation is a CD with songs of Barren Cross, Neon Cross red Sea and P.K. Mitchell.
Yes that is the one.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:20 am

Here again, I have to be the weird one and tell people to track down "Torn".  I had never heard Neon Cross before that album and that was my first exposure to them.  While I do love their debut, I like "Torn" equally.  Sure, it is more alternative influenced, but those songs absolutely rock.  They have kind of a Soundgarden feel and have the classic leads of the debut.  The message is just as strong.

I wish Neon Cross would give us a follow up containing songs similar to both album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:24 am

See, you lost me with Soundgarden feel.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:40 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Here again, I have to be the weird one and tell people to track down "Torn".  I had never heard Neon Cross before that album and that was my first exposure to them.  While I do love their debut, I like "Torn" equally.  Sure, it is more alternative influenced, but those songs absolutely rock.  They have kind of a Soundgarden feel and have the classic leads of the debut.  The message is just as strong.

I wish Neon Cross would give us a follow up containing songs similar to both album.

Redeemed Fool wrote:
See, you lost me with Soundgarden feel.  

LOL...yeah, Alldat, you probably sent more people away with your description than you convinced.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Agreed

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Funny how people's tastes are. I own the 2 albums as well as the Premium cuts CD.
On my website I have my own rating scale I created with the following:
1 - not my thing, don't like
2 - Ok, but don't listen to it much
2.5 - Pretty good, some good songs
3 - I Like this
3.5 - I REALLY Like this
4 - I LOVE THIS

The album Torn for me was a 3 where I could only give the self titled 1988 album a 2.
However, like many here, I love the 2 songs from the Premium Cuts as well as the song they did on the Liberty N Justice album (Independence Day) "Snake Eat Snake" - song is a tad mellow, but surely a rock-infused kind of mellow (more like a metal ballad)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Snake eat Snake is a fantastic song!

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:55 am

I think Don has been fooling around with making an anthology but that's been in the process for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:49 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I think Don has been fooling around with making an anthology but that's been in the process for quite a while.

Don & David had been working off and on new music since 2005 (David used to come here and give us updates on occasion). They actually released a teaser track that was supposedly a song that was going to be on their follow-up to their 1987 that never saw the light of day. They only gave the mp3 file to a few select people (and no I wasn't one of them). As far as I know none of that has ever seen any kind of official release.

rockerVu2

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Quote :
How wonderful that would be.

Staybrite, me neither.
We weren't so lucky to get the MP3 file.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buy My Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy My Record   Buy My Record I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buy My Record
Page 1 of 1