Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Eden's Way

Go down 
+3
drumdude
Dynamis
alldatndensum
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:24 am

I received the new Eden's Way CD in the mail yesterday. I've already listened to it twice! If you're into 80's hard rock & metal, then you'll want to get the new "IV" CD. There are a lot of backing harmonies, tons of guitar leads by the awesome Jacob Veal, and 9 awesome new songs. There are 10 songs listed, but the band added a remake of their own song "Messiah" from their debut project. Bassist Scott Atchley and drummer Steve Workman hold down the rhythm section with power and incredible tightness. Scott also breaks loose a little and has a bit of a bass solo in one song. Dave Underwood, the band's vocalist, does a great job singing and lyric writing.

Favorite songs on first couple of listens:

Shout
It's About Him
Fight

I don't know where I will place this, but this is going in my favorites list for 2008. It's just too good not to!

Oh, be sure and stick around and hear the bonus track at the end!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks for the update- just added this to the "want list".
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Dude I want that!!!! lol jk. I have one of there older ones and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:50 pm

The music is incredible (!!!!), but the vocals are kinda iffy. I'll probably pick this up and see if the vocals can grow on me a little bit. The music is so good that I feel like I have to get this. They sound like that mid- to late-80's hard rock, which I love.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Sounds like I need to add this one to my "want's list"

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 pm

"IV" I've ordered and hope to get this CD before the end of this year.
It's true Eden's Way is a very cool sounding band.
You really have to check out this band.
Eden's Way is a very cool band.

What are "kinda iffy" vocals.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:43 am

"kinda iffy" means that they sound strained and not really good to me. They may grow on me, they may not. "iffy" :pirat:
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 9:09 am

I think that Dave Underwood does a pretty good job on vocals. Sure, he might not be Rob Rock. But, when you go back and listen to a lot of singers in those 80's bands, there were many that were not great singers who had huge careers. Seriously, Ozzy and Axl Rose are not exactly great--they just wrote good songs. Away from Whitecross, I wouldn't want to hear Scott Wenzel, either. What you will hear from Dave in Eden's Way is someone who sings their songs with great passion. He also seems to know his limitations and stays where he feels comfortable.

All in all, I love this band.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:46 am

Now you see how different our taste in music can be.
What for one are" kinda iffy" is for an other cool and vet gaaf.

I agree with Chris, I love this band.
Now I hope to see Eden's Way life. Maybe the get an invitation to play on Christmas Rock Night.

Follower Of Jesus, what are your favorite bands?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:14 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think that Dave Underwood does a pretty good job on vocals. Sure, he might not be Rob Rock. But, when you go back and listen to a lot of singers in those 80's bands, there were many that were not great singers who had huge careers. Seriously, Ozzy and Axl Rose are not exactly great--they just wrote good songs.

There are a ton of other 80's bands singers you could add to that list. Ted Nugent, Vince Neil, Marc Storace, Dave Mustaine, Paul Dianno, Udo Dirkschieder, Brian Johnson.........etc (seriously I could go on for quite some time). And IMO nearly all of the singers in 90's alternative bands were sub-par

I think attitude, and song material are more important that amazing vocal talent. Personally I just don't think there are enough vocalists of Rob Rock's caliber to flesh out even one third of the good bands out there.

Admin
alldatndensum

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:29 am

If anyone would like to get the new CD, contact them through their e-mail on their website or through MySpace. The CD is $12 (includes shipping) for the USA and $15 for the rest of the world. EW is revamping their website and the CD will be added when that is complete.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:15 am

I recommend this CD too.
Eden's Way is a very cool band, with a cool 80's sound.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 pm

I ordered this one last night. I'm hoping it sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
I ordered this one last night. I'm hoping it sounds great!

Let me know if you don't like it, maybe I can buy it from you.

Admin
alldatndensum

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:28 am

I can guarantee that I won't be selling mine!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I can guarantee that I won't be selling mine!

That's ok, I bought something from you last month.
ROTFL

Admin
alldatndensum

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:07 am

I'll be interested in seeing what some of the rest of you think of this release.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Not sure it will make my top 10 but that's only based on the myspace samples. I won't have it or Wisdom's Call until the label owner (?), David Kelsey, is done with his latest round of chemo treatment.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:18 am

Michael, contact Dave Underwood and he'll send you the CD. I had ordered mine from the label and EW ended up fulfilling my order due to Kelsey's sickness.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:32 pm

I've already asked the band twice now via myspace.... I'll just wait.

Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:41 am

I emailed Dave Underwood directly and he responded quickly. He told me my CD would go out Monday, so I'm hoping I have it today or tomorrow. I'd have had it sooner if not for the holidays.

His email address is: edenswayband@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:58 am

Hope you like "IV" of Eden's Way Follower Of Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:46 am

I still don't have it. Grrr.....
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 am

Still don't have my copy either...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:03 pm

I don't have mine either, but maybe that's becasue I didn't order it yet. Laughing

New Eden's Way Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eden's Way   New Eden's Way I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Eden's Way
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next