Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JERUSALEM news...........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

JERUSALEM news........... Empty
PostSubject: JERUSALEM news...........   JERUSALEM news........... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Well finally I'm back again!

Thought I should give some report on how things are going at the Jerusalem front.
In the beginning of September last year – me, Michael and Peter started to talk about the possibilities of making a new Jerusalem CD.

We decided to fast and pray and meet every night for 2 weeks for this.
We felt we wanted to create a record based on the ways we made "Prophet", where we basically walked into the studio, started the tape-recorder, (after a time of praising and thanking God), and then playing whatever comes up in our spirits and minds.

All the songs on "Prophet" where created in this way, City On Fire, Risen etc.
And it's been exiting to see what has been coming out of this. Feel there's a new freshness and joy.
We have now done this for 2-3 hours (mainly Tuesdays) almost once a week up ‘til now.

We really wanted stay away from any ambitions and expectations on how this project will be received. Following with all the pressure that comes with this... It's really up to Him what He wants to do with Jerusalem in the future...

It's such a release to come into that position, just to depend on Him and to stop controlling the work He wants to do through us. To humble ourselves before Him, makes you become a very free person... It's a great feeling.

At this time we have about sixteen 90 minute tapes (approx. 1440 minutes) packed with all that happened during our sessions. It sounds different and we are exited.

We are doing this without keyboards at this time. It's only the three of us: guitar/vocals, drums and bass, and it sounds very "airy" and open. We may add up some keyboards at the end, but it will not be as dominating as on earlier productions.

During the following weeks we will have to choose from all this material, and decide what we will keep on working more on and not... There will be some "kill your darlings", but it is good to know we have all this material to pick from.

We will not say; it will sound like this or that. Mainly because our goal is not to sound like this or that... Maybe others think like that, and that's fine with us, but it would only put a limit on us.

Our source of inspiration (Ps.87:7 “...my singers and players of instruments shall say; all my sources of life and inspiration I have in you city of God, Zion”) is to find in Him who did all this, who created it...

It is said and written that "the anointing breaks the joke", and really without this it is all in vain anyway, and nothing fruitful will happen. It will only be music and that's it. And the world needs more than that today, that's for sure.

Without saying too much, we have passed the line of doing this only for music, if we ever have had a motivation like that.

I started to work on the lyrics (and I really love this part of the process) when I was down in Gambia at the end of January, and I will keep on during Easter, moving out to our summerhouse for a couple of days. Think it will be in English and not in Swedish. It is hard to write in two so different languages.

When you start working on lyrics, the title almost starts taking place in your mind and heart, and so it is this time as well, but we will put it on hold for a little bit longer.

So when will it be released?
Well, if we can have it done for September it would be great. All three of us are pretty busy with many other things we are involved in, but it would be great if it could be done by September.

I do believe you will feel and hear the freedom, longing and joy in our hearts for the Kingdom of Jesus come through in the songs, maybe even more than before. Simply because it has become even more important than ever for us to keep Him as # ONE in everything we do. Matt.6:33 “...seek His Kingdom first, then the rest will be given to you...”

This means to not depend on our own ability and talent, but allow Him to do the work in us and through us. This is a marvellous feeling of release.
No pressure at all. His burden is mild and easy to carry. Wonderful!

Now another thing:
We will begin the concerts with Jerusalem for this summer starting in May (9th) at a secular festival in Poland, where we are headlining on Saturday night. Link to the festival here.

We have had several requests from secular promoters, and maybe it's time now for Jerusalem to move into these areas this year. It would be a very exiting thing, and we will give Him all the glory for this.

Proverbs 21:1 “...the Kings heart is in the hand of the Lord, like watercourses...”

Be very blessed in your lives...
Ulf

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

JERUSALEM news...........
Page 1 of 1