Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March

Go down 
+8
Cuseral
Fundy
Staybrite
Normaniac
MikeInFla
Xid
deathisgain
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March Empty
PostSubject: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 1:42 pm

I saw a quick video clip on Facebook with Rex saying that the new album wouldn't be out now until February or early March. So much for pre-orderong with the promise of delivery in December 2023!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 3:34 pm

These artist really have to either have a better grasp of what time it will really take, or whip themselves to get it done in time. It really puts people off to doing it again down the road.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 5:08 pm

Things do not always go according to plan so I cut them some slack.

My Rush Job Policy:

You want it bad, you get it bad.  The worse you want it, the worse you get it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 8:20 pm

Xid wrote:

My Rush Job Policy:

I totally understand. I was supposed to have my third album out by the end of 2022. I just think a lot of them underestimate their time frame. And with pre-orders or Kickstarters, that's not something I would want to mess around with.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Will this be on a label like Girder or are they self releasing it?
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 10:26 am

deathisgain wrote:
Xid wrote:

My Rush Job Policy:

I totally understand. I was supposed to have my third album out by the end of 2022. I just think a lot of them underestimate their time frame. And with pre-orders or Kickstarters, that's not something I would want to mess around with.

I wouldn't want to mess around with it either which is why I don't.  My estimated dates have never worked out so I don't do it any longer.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 9:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I saw a quick video clip on Facebook with Rex saying that the new album wouldn't be out now until February or early March. So much for pre-orderong with the promise of delivery in December 2023!
Caveat emptor!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2023 2:44 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Will this be on a label like Girder or are they self releasing it?

Good question, I'd like to know that as well.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 12:17 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Xid wrote:

My Rush Job Policy:

When you are doing preorders months in advance in order to raise money for recording, that can present a problem.  If you do your recording and then do a fundraiser to produce CDs like Bloodgood/Les Carlsen/John Schlitt have done, the fans get their product much quicker.  They had their projects nearly done before they really started with the fundraising so that they could get the music into their fans hands quicker.  No one wants to wait years for a project regardless of who it is when you are helping pay for their recording.

Whitecross isn't the only one who has had delays.  I ended up getting the Flames Of Fire album via downloads.  The album is out and I still haven't gotten my CD.  Christian's other band The Waymaker was also supposed to release this year but has gotten pushed back until next year.  I preordered both back in February.

For me, I would want to give teasers to fans that I was working on something new and throw a few tidbits here and there to keep them interested.  I wouldn't start really announcing or pushing a new release until I was so close that setting a deadline for myself was doable.  To keep having delays, especially in the case of artists who go way over estimations time and time again, makes you seem unorganized at best and unprofessional at worst.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2023 10:22 pm

The only crowd-funded project on the way for me is the live '77 album Charles Norman funded for his late brother Larry. March is the due date.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 3:46 am

I only buy stuff when it's out.  But I will be getting Whitecross, that is for certain!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2024 1:10 pm

Fundy wrote:
I only buy stuff when it's out.  But I will be getting Whitecross, that is for certain!

I quit pre-ordering over a year ago (with the exception of an album or two from Roxx and a secular label I follow).  And I'm certainly getting that Whitecross album too!

alldatndensum and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Cuseral

Cuseral

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2024-01-17

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 11:32 pm

Is Whitecross still Whitecross without Scott Wenzel onboard ?

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 2:02 am

I would say so.
Tourniquet lost Guy and they were still Tourniquet.
Petra lost Greg, and they were still Petra.
The album will sound different, that's for sure, but Scott's voice has gone, so he couldn't sing on the album anyway.  And Whitecross are such a great band that it's good that they're bringing out new music.
I'm looking forward to it.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Cuseral

Cuseral

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2024-01-17

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 2:06 am

What has happened to Scott's voice ?

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 11:10 am

Welcome to the forum, Cuseral!

Staybrite and Cuseral like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 3:43 pm

Cuseral wrote:
I think he was stuggling to hit the notes a number of years ago.  Shame, as I would have loved him to continue.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Staybrite and Cuseral like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 4:13 pm

Cuseral wrote:
Is Whitecross still Whitecross without Scott Wenzel onboard ?

I was skeptical until I heard them at Immortal Fest last year.  The band is as sharp as ever.  Rex and Michael are still there.  I don't know why, although there have been rumors, Scott isn't a part of this.  The new vocalist can carry Scott's material and adds some new aspects to the group.  Although I will miss Scott, this change could be great for Whitecross and breathe some much needed life into their sound and get them away from the curse of being labeled as Ratt-cross.

I am highly excited for this album and my t-shirt to arrive!

rockerVu2, Fundy and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 10:10 am

Hmmmm. Looked up preorders and you can only purchase with a shirt! Which makes this a no sale for me at least for the time being. Maybe I’ll wait for digital downloads.

alldatndensum and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 1:24 pm

Cuseral wrote:

Like many vocalists, we lose our upper range as we age even with proper vocal exercises.  Scott has lost a lot of that range especially after using the raspy "fry" technique.  It happens to a lot of musicians who abuse their natural voices this way over decades.  Take a listen to Vince Neil from Motley Crue on their reunion tour and you will hear a great example of someone suffering from range loss.

Cuseral likes this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 6:24 am

Welcome to CHM Cuseral

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 7:20 am

Saw the CD available for purchase on Amazon. Will order when time allows.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 10:36 am

I'm awaiting Nordic Mission, but I saw it on amazon too.. and was tempted.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 1:37 am

Just saw it on Nordic Mission, so I've ordered it with All For The King and XL.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 10:48 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Saw the CD available for purchase on Amazon. Will order when time allows.

I may have to order from Amazon.  I did the preorder last year but still have received no shipping notice for my CD and shirt.  I know other have received their notices.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March   New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Whitecross pushed back to Feb. or March
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next