Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
AtomicFan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2023-08-18

Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 Empty
PostSubject: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2023 8:51 pm

A couple of clips from Immortal Fest that I saw on YouTube...

For anyone that went, did Rex really sound as bad as he does in these clips? Every recording I have seen he sounds like this. Is he really struggling with his voice or does Immortal Fest simply have a crap sound system

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 3:21 pm

The overall both recordings sound really really bad.  Certainly not a sound-board recording.  I don't think his voice comes across as any worse than the horrible clipping sound from the bass guitar, or the muted drums and guitars.  But it's really hard to tell.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 5:16 pm

They seemed to be having some technical issues during the X-Sinner and Zion set.  You couldn't hear the guitar solos if you were on the left side of the stage.  Due to the sound and Rex's vocals, what should have been a great healing set had several people walking out and leaving early 

But, to answer your question, yes!  Rex was straining right out of the chute to hit his notes.  It happens with age.  It can happen with weight gain.  If they continue to play together and record, they seriously need to think about lowering their tuning to make it easier to hit those notes.  Stryper does it and Michael sounds killer.

If they don't, Rex will be the Vince Neil of Christian metal.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 10:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
They seemed to be having some technical issues during the X-Sinner and Zion set.  You couldn't hear the guitar solos if you were on the left side of the stage.  Due to the sound and Rex's vocals, what should have been a great healing set had several people walking out and leaving early 

But, to answer your question, yes!  Rex was straining right out of the chute to hit his notes.  It happens with age.  It can happen with weight gain.  If they continue to play together and record, they seriously need to think about lowering their tuning to make it easier to hit those notes.  Stryper does it and Michael sounds killer.

If they don't, Rex will be the Vince Neil of Christian metal.

That's  ashame.....both about the venue and Rex directly.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2023 1:25 pm

You I was there and I thought Rex sounded pretty rough. It’s a shame because the band, including all instruments and BGVs, were really good. If they had a competent singer they might have been my favorite band there. But wow, Rex should probably hang it up at this point.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2023 3:08 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
You I was there and I thought Rex sounded pretty rough. It’s a shame because the band, including all instruments and BGVs, were really good. If they had a competent singer they might have been my favorite band there. But wow, Rex should probably hang it up at this point.

Well that's a serious bummer.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2023 6:41 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:

Since he can play guitar or drums, he should move to one of those and find a new singer like Fear Not, Saint, and Whitecross.  It could breath of fresh air into their sound.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

rockerVu2, Follower of Jesus and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2023 3:59 am

Can that be the reason that there's still no new album of X-Sinner since Greg joined the band?
Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2023 5:52 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

Since he can play guitar or drums, he should move to one of those and find a new singer like Fear Not, Saint, and Whitecross.  It could breath of fresh air into their sound.

Yeah, but I don't think in Rex' mind he has any issues. I only base that off his social media comments about the show and his postings of the video. If he realized there was an issue, he (probably) wouldn't be posting it so much.

Moving to guitar only and giving up the mic to a younger singer would be a wise decision

Back to top Go down
ccmrockman

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2023 3:32 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Can that be the reason that there's still no new album of X-Sinner since Greg joined the band?

I dropped in today to follow up on a post I made several months ago where I stated I had recently...as in late last year or very early this year...seen evidence on FB that they were working on finishing up the next and likely final X-Sinner album.  At least, they said it was going to be their final album when they first starting working on it before it went on hold.  That might have been over a decade ago given that 'World Covered In Blood' was released in '08.

Anyways...just came to share very recent evidence of continuing work on it:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0a96uqupcGmiHmW7vD2R4Y95M9jKggf2WtY1uhSt2fa2UHfEQyysXAcJUV6dmRbpcl&id=100063537378157
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023   Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about X-Sinner / Zion at Immortal Fest 2023
Page 1 of 1