Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2023-08-18

Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out Empty
PostSubject: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 5:44 pm

Out Of The Darkness and Rock In A Hard Place

Of course, both have new remasters and supposedly sound "better than ever".

Personally, I will stick to the remasters from a couple of years ago....the ones in the digipaks. Once I rip the cds to mp3, I never use the physical cd again anyway, so jewel case vs digi won't be enough of an argument for me to rebuy. I also have the originals too, which still sound good to me.

Seems like increasingly we are getting remasters of stuff that has already been remastered.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 1:34 am

I generally don't update any of my music.  If I have it already then that's what I keep.  I think the only time I've updated my music is with Bride and Tourniquet, but even then the remasters weren't a world better to me, so I probably wasted my money.

The one I think I should have bought was The Revelation by Saint.  But again, I'm pretty happy with The Mark, so I'm probably just going to stick with that.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 12:38 pm

I am going to sit these out as they have already been remastered and I am happy with that.  If they ever did a REMIX and master of "All Stand Together", I would be all over that.  You cannot really hear the bass on it.  I did a remaster of it for myself and was able to draw it out some, but it would take a complete remix to do justice on this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 5:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am going to sit these out as they have already been remastered and I am happy with that.  If they ever did a REMIX and master of "All Stand Together", I would be all over that.  You cannot really hear the bass on it.  I did a remaster of it for myself and was able to draw it out some, but it would take a complete remix to do justice on this.

Agreed....I would be all in on All Stand Together being redone.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 6:16 pm

AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

At one time, they had talked about re-recording it as a band.  With Michael Bloodgood being gone, I doubt that will ever happen.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 7:33 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

At one time, they had talked about re-recording it as a band.  With Michael Bloodgood being gone, I doubt that will ever happen.

If I remember correctly, around the same time they did their last studio album, the one they did the Kickstarter for, they released one track that they had either re-recorded or remixed. That was Rounded Are The Rocks.

Would have been nice to have the entire album redone.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 3:58 pm

AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

This is me too.  I have the previous remasters of those first 4 full-length albums, I just don't see the need to get them again.  But I would be all over a remaster/reissue of All Stand Together.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2023 2:19 pm

I don't have any Bloodood CDs but from the samples I've heard, they're pretty good!  These reissues are nice for folks like me who'd like to pick up their discography at some point.  Smile

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2023 9:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
I don't have any Bloodood CDs but from the samples I've heard, they're pretty good!  These reissues are nice for folks like me who'd like to pick up their discography at some point.  Smile

"who'd like to pick up their discography at some point"?

I mean, they have been around for over 40 years, they semi retired, came back, and now had their founder pass away.

Exactly how long is "some point"?  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(just messing with ya)

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2023 11:28 am

lol!

The exact point when I can justify dropping a not-insignificant chunk of change on a band's catalog hahaha.  I'm a bit OCD when it comes to buying a band's albums: if I'm going to buy one, I intend on buying 'em all.  Smile

Staybrite and AtomicFan like this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 7:47 pm

kerrick wrote:
lol!

The exact point when I can justify dropping a not-insignificant chunk of change on a band's catalog hahaha.  I'm a bit OCD when it comes to buying a band's albums: if I'm going to buy one, I intend on buying 'em all.  Smile

You need to start collecting Buckethead....302 albums...I mean, they suck IMO, but hey..THREE HUNDRED AND TWO albums, According to this article he put out 28 in one year!!!

Must be some real quality material right there lol

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/10_rock_and_metal_artists_who_released_the_most_studio_albums-68389

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out   Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retroactive Records has 2 more Bloodgood cds coming out
Page 1 of 1