Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight Empty
PostSubject: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2023 2:57 pm

Roxx is releasing another album this spring that doesn't feature Dale Thompson on vocals!!!!  Shocked

Vulture's Gathering features 3 musicians that have recorded music with several different bands.  Most familiar to me is Chaz Bond on vocals (Bio Genesis, Jacob's Dream, etc.).  He is joined by Ryan Roebuck (Motivik, Ritual Servant) and Andre Chiang (Necromanicide).  
One would think this was going to be a thrash/technical death metal kind of project.  However, the Roxx hype sheet promises a sound that is dark yet melodic, and the members claim the work to be influenced by the Gothenburg melodic and NWOBHM kind of sounds.
While the Gothenburg tag would make one think of "melodic death metal" the NWOBHM certainly does not bring to mind the aggressive sounds that I'm expecting based on these musician's previous work.

This first single from the album, sounds just melodic enough vocally that I might actually enjoy it.

Strangely this wasn't the first song the band released.  They did a cover of Bloodgood's "America" last year and released it digitally on Bandcamp.  (I believe it might also have been on a Roxx Records Compilation).  For some reason I get the impression that the cover song will not be included on their forthcoming album.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2023 12:01 pm

I like it and I don't.  There is something about the vocals that seems weird to me but I can't place it.  Also, there isn't a big hook to really draw me in.  That could be by design or could be a flaw in the songwriting for this one track.

I would like to hear more before I order this one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2023 3:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I like it and I don't.  There is something about the vocals that seems weird to me but I can't place it.  Also, there isn't a big hook to really draw me in.  That could be by design or could be a flaw in the songwriting for this one track.

I would like to hear more before I order this one.

Yes, certainly not as "hooky" and I generally prefer.  I also have a slight problem with the vocals in the first verse myself... not sure why.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 11:53 am

Not really my thing, I'll be skipping this one

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2023 7:48 pm

I might get it (not sure yet).  I think I'm gonna wait until it's out and try it on Spotify before plunking down the money.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 9:16 pm

The album is now available for streaming on Bandcamp. 

I love it. AotY potential for me here.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2023 5:02 am

Not my thing at all. I’ll pass. I am finding it harder and harder to like anything new. I guess I am getting old. It seems like remastering the old stuff has dried up and the new stuff doesn’t appeal to me. 

Still waiting on a Messiah Prophet or Scarlet Red remaster! Maybe some day.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2023 11:36 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Not my thing at all. I’ll pass. I am finding it harder and harder to like anything new. I guess I am getting old. It seems like remastering the old stuff has dried up and the new stuff doesn’t appeal to me. 

Still waiting on a Messiah Prophet or Scarlet Red remaster! Maybe some day.

I was thinking about this earlier.  I am finding it harder to be impressed with new music even from bands that I have loved forever.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight   Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vultures Gathering - In Plain Sight
Page 1 of 1