Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kinetic Faith

Go down 
+4
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Fundy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 10:23 am

Brides Kinetic Faith album is something that I've never been able to get in to.  I know lots of people love the album, and some rate it as the best in their whole discography.  But I could never work out what all the fuss is about.  However, I think I'm slowly coming round to the idea that it is a good album, but not as good as their others around that time.

What am I missing?

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 3:11 pm

Wasn't that the first album to feature their change in sound?
Their first 3 albums were in the "screaming 80's metal" vein, and when they released Kinetic Faith they had switched to a more hard rock sound, right?

I do think KF has a substantially rawer sound than the follow-up Snakes In The Playground.  I think if the band had never released the Snakes album that KF might not have the appeal it does.  When early fans heard that more polished sound on Snakes the more metal type fans found that they liked that rawness of KF, especially considering they couldn't get the screaming metal sounds back from the first three albums.
IDK, I'm just guessing.  I wasn't there when the band was pumping out those albums.  I didn't discover them until around 2005 and I started with Snakes, then I got Jesus Experience and Kinetic Faith shortly thereafter. (that's over a decade later for two of those albums)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2023 11:33 pm

Kinetic Faith is a solid album.  However, the band's producer had so much effects on the guitar and bass that they lost their definition and power.  The overuse of effects made the album a bit muddy sounding as well.

I wish Bride could get the original recordings and redo this album to sound more like Snakes In the Playground.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 2:58 pm

Not my fav Bride album. It definitely is not like their earlier works and the cover art is awful, but I still like it  Smile
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 3:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Kinetic Faith is a solid album.  However, the band's producer had so much effects on the guitar and bass that they lost their definition and power.  The overuse of effects made the album a bit muddy sounding as well.

I wish Bride could get the original recordings and redo this album to sound more like Snakes In the Playground.

Totally agree! I can enjoy it now but man would a re-release without all the distortion be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2023 5:10 pm

I always thought this was a decent album.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2023 3:42 pm

When it was out I had friends that kept trying to turn me on to the album. It took time but I eventually got into it. Like Alldat mentioned, I think it's the production that mainly kills it. I do love the sound of the drums tho. Snakes is my all time favorite.

Staybrite and Fundy like this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 2:43 pm

Production is an issue. I also think the first half has a couple of weak tracks. The second half is excellent, though, top-notch Bride.

Live to Die and Silence Is Madness will always be my favorites, though.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinetic Faith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinetic Faith   Kinetic Faith I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinetic Faith
Page 1 of 1